Day-time Naps

sazza

Reaction score
Over the past week or so, we've managed to get Lewis to go to bed at around 8pm. He is doing quite well with this so far. :thumbup:

However, he is struggling with day-time naps. I can't seem to get him to go into his crib during the day. I often pop him into his bouncer or swing to help him to drift off. He's barely slept so far today, and is crying quite a bit.

At night, I feed him, wind him, then pop him straight into his crib. Should I have the same routine during the day with naps?

My LO was exactly the same, she goes down great at night after her feed but daytime naps are still a struggle. I tried the same routine for daytime naps but to be honest it didn't make much difference. When she is showing signs of tiredness, I take her upstairs, put her in her sleeping bag, turn on her mobile (just the music) then give her her dummy. I also tell her that she's going for a nap. What usually happens is I have to go back in a few times and put her dummy back in but then eventually she drops off. I think its a case of perserverence with naps, I think she is getting there though, its oftem tempting to pick her up and do my usual job of cuddling her to sleep but now I just keep popping in, reassuring her and giving her the dummy, works for me. Good luck hun x

I would keep the same routine in the day but make sure the room is lighter so he knows the difference x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->