Debate and Discussions about symptoms, OPKs, HPTs, and anything else to distract!

Oh my gosh that is so adorable. :) I do think they go through days where they're more apprehensive of having little brother or sister, but she seems like she's on board overall. So that's a good sign. :)

Stash- that is great that you are aware of your fertility (I feel totally in the dark right now!). If I don't get a BFP in 2 mos. I am going to see a Dr. I worry about annovulatory cycles as well b/c I never get a strong + on OPKs. Just keeping my fingers X it works eventually.

That is great about you girls and your sisters. I wish I had a sister to share this with. Stash great idea about the naming. I want my son to be very involved I even would like him to be at the birth! (DH says no way!) I however think it would be a great learning and bonding experience.

Stash I did look at the site. I love it! Not only the diapering but also the babyfood (I did that too!). I ultimately think I will choose 2 brands and use both.

Snowangel- I thought about having my son pick names too...but he calls every baby Eva, which is my friend's baby and I KNOW thats the name he would pick (or his own, Gavin lol). That is cute about the dolls. I bought a baby for him to "practice" with when the time comes.

MomtoGavin - Do you temp at all? That will confirm your O date so you don't feel so in the dark.

MomtoGavin - Do you temp at all? That will confirm your O date so you don't feel so in the dark.

I was just going to ask/suggest this. I used fertilityfriend.com and did my temping, to figure out my cycles.. and even though the length varied sometimes my ov day was about the same time, i haven't temped a total cycle since I had my CP last May, but if I don't get my BFP this month I will begin temping again to make sure my days are the same. I also bought a CBFM so I plan on using that next cycle if needed..

I also question God's motives at times. I wonder how many unprepared women or unhappy women have children, when all of us are dying to have the opportunity. It can be frustrating but I have to keep the faith. Your little girl seems like she would love a baby!

No I'm not sure I understand the charting and dips ect... I think I may order a BBT. Thanks!

Can you use a child's ear thermometer? Those are supposed to be sensitive

Check out https://www.fertilityfriend.com it has a lot of info on it and when you sign up they send you charting/temping lessons to your email (I think there are 15) which help you understand the ins and outs of temping.

Oh and I temp vaginally since oral my temps were all over the place.

Thanks Stash I was under the impression you had to get the thermometer from an online retailer. I will go to the store today!!

Actually I think I am going to go right now lol....I'll update shortly :)

Can you use a child's ear thermometer? Those are supposed to be sensitive

i would get the BBT, they're like $8 at walmart. fertilityfriend has a little online thing through emails where they will teach you things, but u only have to put in the temp and time of day for each day and it will calculate when and if you Ov'd.

As far as people having babies and not wanting them, oh man don't get me started.. like so many people choose to murder their kids whether it's on accident or on purpose. like things i've heard recently in the news. 28day old baby put in microwave cooked for 2mins. 2 year old baked in oven. This Casey Anthony thing all over the news.. A guy beat his girlfriends 2yr old daughter put her to bed because she peed her pants. She died. The mother said I kind of felt bad, but didn't go check on her. They ate pizza and watched movies. Seriously!!!! WTF! To these people I say why not take an abandonment charge over a murder charge there are PLENTY of people who would LOVE your baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowangel- I know! Casey Anthony trial...took them 2 weeks to call police! If my child was missing for 5 mins. I would be frantic! It's is such a tragedy, those who fail to see the opportunities their unwanted children could have. I know it sounds rude but I think before you take you baby home from the hospital you should have to pass some sort of psychological screening! Since going through this process and seeing stories of woman who can't have children, I find myself wanting to help! I know it would be difficult but I think if I can have another baby I want to donate eggs! Thanks for the resources on temping, I am going to buy one in a few!

Snowangel- I know! Casey Anthony trial...took them 2 weeks to call police! If my child was missing for 5 mins. I would be frantic! It's is such a tragedy, those who fail to see the opportunities their unwanted children could have. I know it sounds rude but I think before you take you baby home from the hospital you should have to pass some sort of psychological screening! Since going through this process and seeing stories of woman who can't have children, I find myself wanting to help! I know it would be difficult but I think if I can have another baby I want to donate eggs! Thanks for the resources on temping, I am going to buy one in a few!

I SOOOOOOOO AGREE, like seriously you have to pass a test to drive, I think that you should have to pass a test about parenting and if you fail, they should court order parenting classes.. and for the people say it's against my rights blah blah. F your rights what about that helpless innocent baby's rights!! And for Casey Anthony thing it was 31 days and she didn't even report it her mother did!!!! And now she claims that Caylee died accidently in the family pool and she was forced to cover it up!! Seriously??? they're showing jail conversations etc. I think they should give her the death penalty already, the state has already spent over a million dollars on this trial!! Ridiculous.. She needs to man up and take her punishment. :growlmad: Ok. That's enough of that blood pressure is rising. :haha:

Parents who want to adopt have to go through intense screening, but women who can't take care of themselves or have abuse issues are free to take their newborn home. I majored in psychology in undergrad and I really want to start a job position for those who are on govt. insurance...instilling a mandatory screening test for custody. I know there are many of capable parents but I also feel like a lot of them could benefit from some education of raising a child and options if they do not want children.

I agree with all of you! MomtoGavin, I also have my undergrad in psychology and would love to help children (especially those at risk).

:) I love psych. and a passion for kids is what drove me into the field! Although now I'm a stay-at-home mom I would love to do something part-time even non-profit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->