Debate and Discussions about symptoms, OPKs, HPTs, and anything else to distract!

Pola- I am 8 DPO too :)

On my first cycle and mother of 11 yr. old girl (she'll be 11 in Sept.)

I know what you girls mean about the Casey Anthony trial just go ahead and give the order for her execution. I wouldn't mind having her as a neighbor ( I live just a few miles from the state prison).

It is so heartbreaking when people have kids that they don't want and don't love when we have been going through the battle over TTC. I've only been ttc this month but have wanted a second one for a whole lot longer. It used to break my heart everytime my sister called to tell me she was pregnant. I would cry for days afterwards. Same thing with my sister-in-law. My sister has 5 kids by 5 different men. She walked out on her oldest 2. I raised her oldest until he was 4 then his father got him, the next 2 the oldest was dropped off at a family friends house and she never came to pick him up after 2 wks. and unable to get in touch with my sister DCF was called. Her third she gave up for adoption because they paid her medical bills, got her a cell phone and an apt. Her 4th and 5th she has kept and jokes around everytime I talk to her about having another. I love her but she is an awful mother, I don't know why she's like that we were both raised the same way. My sis-in-law will tell you that she didn't want her last 2 she just got preg. bc my bro-in-law wanted them (more like he was about to leave her so she got preg.) Anyways sorry about rambling on but that is what was on my heart. I totally agree that some sort of test should be given esp. in situations like my sisters. She lives in a different state and most of the time the family didn't find out anything (like her plans for my nephews adoption) until it was too late to become involved. My DH wouldn't let me anyways bc he's afraid that in the long run I would get my heartbroken again like I did with my oldest nephew.

Wow! That must be so hard to watch. :hugs: If you don't want any more kids, they have methods of avoiding them (the pill, depo, condoms, tubes tied, etc). No need to apologize hun. :hugs:

Sissy--- In cases like your sister I'm sorry but my opinion is the dr should take it upon themselves to sterilize the person after delivery.. People like that shouldn't have children. It would definitely reduce some of the nations debt. Less welfare.

Madrid- Welcome! What was you bigget sruggles with #2??

Hi again!

With #2 was very different indeed. I was much more confident about what to do and when, and also about what I wanted or didn't want to do with the baby. To my surprise my second child was a boy; I say to my surprise because I thought I was having another girl, don't know why. And with him I decide I wanted to breastfeed and to try my hardest without anybody telling me what or how. I breastfed him for about 6 months. Also he was very good with his first solids and food intake in general. Completely opposite to his sister. But my only struggle with him was that he didn't communicate at all. I was so worried then because he was 2 years old and no words apart from mum, dad & maybe another 2. He just learnt to manage with signs and I remember telling the health visitor and the doctor but they kept saying he was delayed because he's a boy and being the second child they tend to take longer to start. It broke my heart when he started nursery school and his speech was so delayed that he couldn't tell the other kids what he wanted or to play or things like that. But with speech therapy and step by step he's overcome that and now he's not like the other kids in his class but nearly the same. It's weird to remember about these things now and I get very emotional about it too.:cry: If you could meet him now you'd never tell he's had those issues before. Now my struggle is for him to be quite sometimes lol. I don't know if it's his speech problem or that he's just like that but he's always been so caring and loving. He kisses and hugs us all the time, since he was a baby, he's always been very close to all. My daughter would tell you that for her he's just too close lol.

Sorry about the long post.:blush: This is what happens with open questions you see?

XX

Madird- I am the same way...concerning what I want and do not want with #2. I want the next one to be ok in a swing for an hour :) My first was held constantly! I also want to breastfeed (and cloth diaper). I think I would like a more independent 2nd child. As far as speech goes...some children just talk late! It is so hard as a mother to worry about your childre...ladies who do not have them yet prepare yourselves! I remember with my son thinking he has OCPD (obssesive compulsive personality disorder). He would not take his toys out on windy days b/c he thought they would blow away...he would be hysterical! Now he's perfectly fine on windy days :) Everything is a stage until proven otherwise.

My nephew is struggling with his speech, he is the middle child. People who are close to him can make out what he is saying but strangers do not understand him (he's almost 5). I pray his parents will acknowledge it so he can get speech therapy and catch up with his peers. I commend you for taking steps to help your son when a lot of parents often ignore it until a teacher says something. I'm glad everything turned out okay!

I want baby #2 to be indpendent too.. But I don't know you do learn lots of what not to do with a second, Lol. I love the baby stage soooooo much that I think I'd still hold the baby all the time.. haha. My DD was born @ 8:20 at night, I seriously held her and just looked at her for the first two days while in the hospital,,, ya know when your suppose to sleep! LOL. Next time I will sleep for sure.. haha. Especially knowing that I have to come home to a toddler. ;) I breastfed my DD for 17 months and don't think I will be able to do that with the second, but would do at least the first year. My daughter never ate baby food!! EVER!!! I don't know what it was she didn't like it, so she pretty much only nursed for the first year,, except for a few table food things here and there. :)

Snowangel...I agree with you babies are so sweet! I know I will prob. have my second in a sling all day. I want to find a really good baby sling so if you know of any let me know. My first would not let you put him down...and he only wanted me to hold him most of the time (but I breastfed too so I think thats why). I made my own food with a mill it was great and now he eats really well veggies,fruits, ect..

Anyone have any good news to share yet?

I tried making homemade baby food and the store stuff and she was like blah. LOL. But she eats fruits and veggies like there's no tomorrow. Things I won't touch. haha. My DD wouldn't let me set her in her swing or anything, I have a few pictures of her in her swing and she was there literally long enough for me to snap the pic and would start screaming. I think I'm going to try a sling with the next baby, I never used one, if u find a good one or hear of a good one let me know.. :)

Snowangel- I can relate...we spend all sorts of money on every baby gadget possible and they barely use them! My son loved his stationary bouner thing and that was about all. I will keep my eye out on the slings...I wanted a wrap but I just feel like I may not do it right and baby could fall!

A few months back I came across a really great sling/wrap that I will definitely use. It's called the Baby K'tan. Here's a link to the website: https://www.babyktan.com/

Seems much safer than the moby wrap.

I did prepare everything myself. I felt more comfortable with fresh, homemade food for them.

I forgot to mention yesterday that another thing I didn't repeat with #2 was carrying him every where or rocking him to sleep. With ds I wanted him to learn to sleep on his own without having to break my back as he was getting bigger and heavier. And that's why I had to stop breastfeeding him at the age of 6months because without my breast he didn't know how to go back to sleep. When it's the 1st child you have all the time for them but if you already have a child you need to give them both equal attention. Those little things make your life easier.

XX

Oh yea, I def will make next baby fall asleep on his/her own. DD is 3 and still falls asleep in my bed then I move her to hers and she's always up til 10 or so at night.. She doesn't nap, but she does sleep in usually til 9-10 in the morning, I have several friends with kids same age and they don't sleep past 7-8 so I guess it works it self out... Honestly though I would love for her to be asleep by 7:30 and take a nap.. LOL. She's super hyper! I think if she had a playmate or more things to do it might work more of her energy out.. :)

Oh my DS is the same too! He is up til 10 sleeps til 10. I don't mind yet bc no school. I hope when he does start he can adjust. I think a baby will thwart his playtime, we usually go outside or swim once a day and with a baby I cannot picture myself taking them both out right away when DH is at work. Once baby is about one then I think they will be able to play together and I can learn how to juggle 2 :)

As soon as they start school they need to get into the routine of walking up early. That's unless you're working and need to leave your child with a childminder. It wasn't the case for me but as I'm working now, I see many parents with little babies & toddlers very early.

X

Madrid- Do you work with kids? My son has to get 12 hours or he won't wake up lol! So I'm either going to start waking him up earlier until he goes to bed earlier or gradually increase his bed time by 15 min. We still have another year but I'll tell you what if he doesn't want to do something he will put up a fight. I'm worried getting ready for school will take 2 hours of adjustments every morning :)

No I don't work with kids but mine are old enough to go to school now & when they were toddlers they were looked after by me or my dh. We didn't want to send them to nursery or somewhere similar. Instead I compromised until they started school to go back to work.
Don't worry too much about you ds. He'll get use to the routine quickly. As soon as he gets friends at school he'll love it there.
X

I hope so! He wants to go now but similar to you, I don't want him too! He's only 3.

Maybe you could start by taking him to playgroups. I don't know if you have them where you live but they're quite common in the UK. You take them there for 2 hours and they do pretty much what they want there. They'd read them a story or do songs with them. Similar to nursery but with no much restraints. And as it's only 2 hours you have to be living close or waiting around until they finish.

Yes we have similar activities. He plays soccer and we go to the local library to participate in story group. Play groups here are formed within small groups of parents/children and visit different places once a month. We usually socialize with my friends' and families' children b/c it's cheaper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->