Debate and Discussions about symptoms, OPKs, HPTs, and anything else to distract!

That sounds like a great idea! I'm in the process of my masters program in sport psych and we have an internship at a youth rehabilitation center for at risk males and those who have been to juvie. I'm looking forward to working with them. :)

Stash77 I will check that out, thanks! Pola- sorry about your pup, I had a friend who had the same thing happen. :(

Thank you, MomtoGavin!! It was tough, as she was like my baby. A plastic surgeon very well known in my country, was angry, because she was sniffing where he usually parks, so he decided to park ON her.... She holded on one week, until she was gone.. and all of this happened days prior my wedding!!!

Now Ive moved on, and Im ready for a new pup... or maybe kitty!

Oh my gosh Pola. :hugs: That's horrible! I'm sorry about your loss - my dog and cat are my babies and I would be devastated if anything happened to them.

Hi! I'd like to join you all if you don't mind.

I have 2 children myself so I know how you feel with no children at all or when you have one and want an addition to the family. In my case I was sure I wanted at least another child after I had my daughter. There were many reasons then and if I could have had it my way the gap between them would have been 2 and a half years but we're trying for 9 months until I got pregnant with our son. They are 3 years and 3 months apart. They live in their little love/hate relationship; I guess it's a bit like all brothers and sisters.

On the nappies issue. I don't think I'll ever consider using the cloth ones if I ever get to have a 3rd child. The disposable ones are very very practical for me. I have enough laundry with 2 kids and a husband. If I have to wash nappies as well! No, I don't think is for me to be honest.

XX

Oh my gosh Pola. :hugs: That's horrible! I'm sorry about your loss - my dog and cat are my babies and I would be devastated if anything happened to them.

Thank you!! DH wants a kitty, because he doesnt like when dogs barf :wacko: I love all animals anyways, so I´d be happy with a cat too!!! I actually dont know much about cats, but I adooooore them! :kiss:

Pola that is horrible! I'm a dog person but I don't mind cats, just haven't ever had one!

Stash- I am getting ready to go back for my master's once my son starts school. I was thinking a MA in counseling. I like doing research though, so maybe a clinical program...not sure!

Anyone have a preference boy or girl that they are trying for...for instance using the Shuttle's Method? (if I spelled that right haha)

Pola that is horrible! I'm a dog person but I don't mind cats, just haven't ever had one!

well, Im more like a dog person too!! I adooore playing with them! But also, as a kid, my aunt had a black cat (Misha was her name), and she was the cutest.

Now, this aunt has a new cat.. his name is midnight, and he´s so funny, so I feel like I might give cats a try :D

Pola- I am 8 DPO too :)

haha! yes.. only 5 days until testing, but I dont feel too much pregnancy or AF syntoms.. this has been a weird cycle, and I still dont know what to think about it :wacko:

Anyone have a preference boy or girl that they are trying for...for instance using the Shuttle's Method? (if I spelled that right haha)

Dunno the method.. Ive always wanted to start with a girl.. Ive read about many methods.. according to one, it depends on what you eat, and when in your ovulation you have sex. The chinese one, says it all depends on the month! who knows, but Im eating more dairy, because, according to this method, dairy helps to increase chances of conceiving a girl, but when Im finally pregnant, Im expecting a boy, Id be very happy too!! :flower:

Anyone know persons who used the shuttle method with success? just out of curiosity :). I love my fur-babies :), as I call them! I'm definitely a dog person but i do like cats (other peoples--my dogs would devour one if we had one).

dunno, never met someone who has even tried it... Im trying it tho, so I guess the day Ill get a BFP I would tell ya! :p

Also, you try it too!! you´ll never know!!

I know in a child devpt. class that I took in college my teacher actually told us the same thing (male sperm quick but die faster, female sperm slow but live longer). I believe the method but I have to think there are exceptions. I have a boy so I would like a girl, but happy either way.

My cycle has been weird too! I don't know what to think anymore! I have been using me extra OPKs and there is no line whatsoever...I'm thinking I may be out this month.

Pola my brother's finacee has 2 of the fattest cats I've ever seen! One is a bengal tiger mixed w/ house cat mixed w/ bob cat.

I'm starting to think this cycle is finished. Have any of you ever heard when it's ok to use OPKs as HPTs? I have been using my xtras for the past 2 days (I'm 8 DPO) and no line whatsoever! Is that a sign I'm not pregnant or is it not soon enough?

I'm more of a dog person too, but I do adore cats as well. :) They are bit easier in that they are more independent.

I don't really have a preference boy or girl - I'd be happy with either one, but if I had a choice, I would choose a girl for a couple of reasons. 1) because I don't want to have to think about the whole circumcision debate (people have very strong opinions on both sides) and 2) because it would be the first granddaughter and great granddaughter on both sides. Though I have to admit, boys are just sooo much fun!

I'm starting to think this cycle is finished. Have any of you ever heard when it's ok to use OPKs as HPTs? I have been using my xtras for the past 2 days (I'm 8 DPO) and no line whatsoever! Is that a sign I'm not pregnant or is it not soon enough?

I've heard that once you get a pos on OPK, you'll get a pos on HPT. But, in most cases from what I've read, you won't get a pos OPK until you get a pos HPT so I would say you're not out until the evil :witch: shows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->