*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Hiya everyone, just a quick hello :hugs: Hope everyone is well. Well done to all the babies with good night routines-bless them :thumbup: A 4.30am wake up has become the norm for Skyla this past week then I let her come into bed with me for a breastfeed. I think if I start giving her a bottle and not laying with her she will probably settle better.

I'm Sue Wilby on FB, got the same pic as on my avatar on here if anyone wants to add me x x x

holy moly...you lot have been chatty today!!

erm, dont really remember much of all iv just read. but Chuck, i so totally know what you mean by one of "those" nappies...Lana had one today too :rofl:
Tax Credits totally confuse me. I just put my trust in Inland Revenue and hope for the best. haha
and, i have a few of you on FB already (Chuck, just sent you a request :D) but if you wanna add me my name is alyson dring...and i think my pic is the same as my avatar, but there are only like 2 of my name anyway...

sorry if iv missed a bit talking point. i am so so tired so cant remember much of anything atm.
hope all is well and mummies and babies alike are all happy and healthy xx

Ah looks like its going to be a cracking day at last some spring weather...washing on the line and I'm going to walk to town to get things to make cake!

Might see if I can get hold of my mate who has a 2 year old and see if he wants to go feed ducks. I <3 ducks.

i know i woke up this morning to see blue sky and was shocked.
Unfortunately i live in a flat so cant put washing on line but have both washer and dryer on.
We are off to steves sisters today to see her and the baby, se how much he has grown.
Im weighing caleb on wednesday at clinic and i bet he will be over 13lbs now he was 12lb 2 weeks ago.
Caleb has still got a really bunged up nose and i think its on his chest. we havent got our heating on so hopefully it will clear.
What is everyone upto today.
Charlotte hope the cake goes well xx

we used to live in a flat but we had big sash windows so in good weather the sashes were open and all the washing hung in the window - thankfully we had strong curtain poles! lol...it did get chilly but it beat having the noisemaker on in the combined kitchen/living room...stoopid open plan living!

The cake is for the MIL we're off to Wales again this weekend, funeral and hubby is running a half marathon.

Morning everyone - good weekends?

Tax credits - I have no idea, I got a payment on 16th Feb without a letter with a calculation on it - still not had one. I've updated my income (the form asks for last year when I was working, was made redundant in May 2009 so this year is much less) so will see how much I get next time.

FB - I'm Jeni Davey, only one of me I think, but picture is me sat on sofa holding Jake.

Glad 6oz of EBM is normal, we've been trying to give him one EBM feed a day, and 6 seems to be the magic number.

Stayed in all day Saturday waiting for a delivery which didn't turn up till this morning, when I was at baby clinic - arrggh! Luckily they left it next door, thank goodness I have a neighbour that works funny hours.
Sunday we decided to go for a walk (about 4 miles) it wasn't raining when we set off, but started chucking it down half way round! Glad we had a rain cover for Jake, who was asleep most of the time.

Going to my mum's in a bit, and to supermarket - fun day!

Ah what a good girl I am I walked to town and back...no bus for me!

Although he pushchair was laden with goodies to make cake...not so good lol.

i want to make a cake too...but i have no recipes to bake from!! all my cookbooks seem to be made up of savoury recipes and a few cookies and biscuits here and there!! can anyone recommend a good cakey cook-book?? i may post a thread in general chatter...

We did all our washing at the weekend, when it was raining! if i knew it was going to be sunny today i would have waited so i could hang it outside. i much prefer clothes that have been dried in fresh air...they seem much more 'airy'. lol

gotta go to Tesco later...cant wait. it has become the highlight of my week!! haha

JayDee, just sent you a friend request on FB :D

Here's my failsafe loaf cake recipe..

6oz caster sugar
6oz butter
3 medium eggs
8oz flour
pinch salt
enough liquid to make a good pouring consistency (depends what cake you make)

Cream the butter & sugar, add the eggs, beat, add flour, mix until smooth.

Now you can add butter and vanilla extract, or lemon and oragne zest & juice what ever you fancy.

Bung it in a greased 2lb loaf tin, in 180 C (a bit less if you have a fan oven) for 45 mins -ish, test with a skewer when it comes out clean you're done.

Works every time.

Putting nutmeg and caraway seeds in is yummy, or lemon juice and poppy seeds, choccie chips always good!

Errgghh double post....

That's Self Raising flour I hasten to add!

im lost with all the posts.

Still havnt been well :( Missed JLS concert last night brother had to go instead :cry:

I dont have FB ..long story lol

Cake...yummy! im rubbish at making them but my mums brilliant she makes them and i decorate them :) traybakes, banana bread, meat pies, apple pies, crumbles are my favs to make lol and i cant make shephards pie to save my life for some strange reason i always always forget to add the gravy :rofl:

Awww hope you feel better soon hun!

Mmm pie and crumble..you can come and visit to make tea!

I'm planning pork chops and stuffed peppers for tea!

thanks chuck...i may try that this afternoon. it does mean buying a loaf tin though. lol!!

SL, generally speaking i am a rubbish cook. i actually hate it!! BUT, my love for cakes gets me baking, but beyond that i dont bother. My OH makes dinner every night, bless him!!
sorry to hear you are still ill...and even more sorry it meant you missed your JLS cincert :hugs:

I love cooking, I do more savory stuff than baking but I am famous for cheesecake among my mates, the kind of cheesecake that'll turn you diabetic from across the room! lol

Jaydee, isnt that always the way with delivers :wacko:

Faye, I wonder ow Caleb is doing weight wise, How are you?

Charlie, yay on walking to town :D ow are you?

Aly, ow are you?

Sweetlullaby, Im sorry your still not well, I hope you feel better soon :hugs: Im sorry you had to miss the concert that sucks :hugs:

:wave:

How is everyone?

Im doing good, I never used to be a big cook myself but since Ive been on materinty leave I love to cook different things :D

we went to town today didnt buy much but was good to get out the house

I'm ok thanks Lorna, feeling a bit more chipper but still not feeling myself iykwim?

A good friend came round yesterday and she is so busy out every day at clubs/classes and stuff and it just made me jealous, she works full time, is doing a masters takes jive and lindy hop lessons, yoga, fitness bllet, scrabble nights and thats EVERY week...blimey!

I need to get out and do stuff.

Well I'm going swimming tomorrow as much as I hate it.

ooh baking! i have to bake something for thursday at babygroup we're fundraising for childrens cancer charity!

Im having a day in today, slept late recoverng from lost sleep on sat night, got washing of avas to do and washing of nappies, bottles are almost done, gonna cook dinner and do my room again, playmat also needs washed she was sick on it haha, but i might do that tomorrow. Tomorrow got a doc appt so walking up to village, might go up to the park and our old house and check mail etc, get out the house for a bit.

I just wrapped mums mothers day gift from me, and her bday gift from ava, i dunno what to get her for her bday shes 50 so quite a biggy, and wrote her cards and packaged up two parcels to send tomorrow.

Boring day really, least its bright and sunny not dull and rainy!

i got ava a new nappy it arrived today too! yey!

SL sorry your not well, whats wrong? have you been to docotr?/

Ava is trying to hard to suck her thumb but keeps her thumb tucked in haha its so funny shes basically licking her hand! I kinda wish she did just suck her thumb, can get rid of these dam dummies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->