*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

lol Dewi licks his hand too its very cute.

Argh when is Mothers day? I have £11 to get through the month after the bills are paid and mothers day and my Mums birthday to get through.

Huff I hat asking Hubby for money.

Claire, :haha::haha: Emilie does that too, I remember my mum trying everything to stop my brother sucking his thumb :haha:

:happydance: on a new nappy :D

Good luck with the fundraiser :flower:

Charlie, mothers day is the 14th

ah her bday is the 13th....hmmm what to do?

Aly - my sponge cake receipe is easy, equal quantities of butter/marg, sugar, SR flour and eggs (assume an egg weighs 2oz).
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time with a spoonful of flour each time and mix in well, use an electric hand whisk if you have one but I use a spoon. Fold in the rest of the flour with a spoon. Put in a cake tin and cook at 180 deg C for about 25 mins.
If you want chocolate just replace about 1/4 of the flour with cocoa powder.

SL - you're not well.

Jake's injections tomorrow, the chemist wouldn't sell me calpol said he had to be 3 months so hope he's ok without.

*edit* 25 mins is for 4oz of everything in the cake, more will take a bit longer. To test, put a knife or a long thin prodder of some kind in the middle to the bottom of the cake, if it comes out clean it's done.

Jaydee, I brought Emilies calpol at about 6/7 weeks ready for the 8 week jabs but the nurse who did the jabs asked if I had any so Im guessing if I didnt she would have gave a prescription for it?

Emilie has her second lot of jabs tomorrow the nurse wrote the 1st on my card good job I rang friday to check which surgery they were at :dohh:

calpol is 2months plus now, or theres a seperate new one 2+ ... look in asda and tesco, thats where i got mine and i gave some to her half an hour before jabs and she slept after the jabs.

Errrr... charlie.. why not make a cake for mothers day? decorate it? birthday.. im not sure. Cos im not even sure what to get my mum! mothers day i got her a few bits from the section in tesco, chocolate and a mug tray and coaster set and got a big card in clintons one for he rbday and one for mothers day and from ava for her bday i got her one of those money pots and it says 'glamourous gran's fund' :haha: and from me, ive no idea, getting her a handmade two teir cake made by a girl on here who lives near me, and its gonna be like 80 quid! my dad will pay maybe 30, try get my sister and brother to chip in aswell :lol: as for a gift i dunno, i was thinking a treatment at a spa? but i would have to give her two or go with her myself so id need to find someone to look after ava.... im not sure who,

lorna- i am thing caleb is going to be over 13lbs now and he has his 2nd lot of jabs next wed. Im fine thanks just been out to see steves nephew so cute.
Charlie-its a good job i dont live near you then as i would probably end up in a diabetic coma then with your baking lol. Its funny when they lick there hands only trouble is they dribble and there clothes get soaked.
sl- hope you feel better soon, shame you missed you could of sung and done their dance moves.
I really want a hobby but something that i wont get bored of maybe when weather gets better i can go on big walks daily.
Baby club 2moro thinks its jelly and pasta fun i thin but going with sister in law.
ooh we are having pork chops too mmm x

I cant beleive how big all the Lo's are getting, ae I bet you had fun :D Im glad your ok :flower:

Jaydee, now claire has said that my calpol does say 2+ months, however if you dont get any ask for some from the nurse tomorrow :flower:

Claire, How are you?

I brought my mums Lava lamp yesterday for mothers day :haha:

I wish I could Claire but I'd have to eat the cake, Mum lives 250 miles away!

But thats the best excuse I've ever heard to eat a cake!

:rofl: hahaha! hmmm well, in that case..

order some flowers online to be delievered to her? think you can get some really nice ones for like a tenner!

Lorna, Im good thanks u?

She said she liked the look of the bloody snuggie things JML are selling...she's always huddled under a blanket when she's on the sofa...I may see if I can stretch to that.

I saw a leopard print one today!!!

hello ladies.
Just been to church to sort wedding stuff! :happydance: Lost 1lb at Slimming,which is ace considering the weekend of eating :haha:
Noah in bed and been fine in his big boy cot and settles easily.
Er... don't think anything to report, Just making tea. :flower:

Hiya, just a quick one again. Just wanted to say thanks to all who added me on FB. Had a quick look at everyones profiles....you're all sooo young and gorgeous and I'm just well old :cry:

Hope everyone and their LO's are well. I think I'm going to take Skyla to the doctors tomorrow-her chest sounds crackly and I think she is a bit hot,bless her. :hugs:

evening all!!

Lana does the funny hand sucking thing too instead of getting her thumb in...its wierd, she has the thumb out then just before it gets to her mouth she folds it under her finders. lol! We have had to resort to putting bibs on her to protect her clothes from dribble. It's much easier to swap a bib than it is to swap her clothes!!

I feel bad coz i never get my mum anything for mothers day. its just never been a big thing for us (probably coz iv never lived with my mum). I dont even know her address to be able to send her anything...that is pretty bad!! Charlie, those blankets are AWESOME...OH got me one for xmas and i love it :D

Lorna, I am good thanks. Just trying to fill my days with things coz im getting a bit down with being stuck indoors all week :(

Nic, well done with the slimming world. its going really really well :dance:

ooh, jaybee, thanks for the recipe...i have saved them onto my phone so far, but will write them out properly once iv made them. brought a loaf tin today to attempt Charlies recipe. Does it matter what size cake tin i use for yours?

Claire, good luck with the fundraising. I hope it goes well. is it like a 'bring and buy' sale type thing??

Hope everyone had a good day today. Lana has been a bit off and hasnt really wanted to take her food as eagerly as normal so I am keeping a beady eye on her :(

Oh hope the cake turns out well!!

If its rubbish cut it up and make trifle! lol.

inxsmhpy, what are you on about? your not old & you look fantastic :flower:

Nic, well done on 1Ib :flower: :happydance: on sorting wedding stuff not that long to go :flower:

Aly, Sorry Lana has been off I hope she is back to her normal self tomorrow :hugs:

Claire, Im doing good thanks :flower:

me too Lorna :cry:

Charlie, I wouldnt even know where to start with a trifle...think back to when joey on 'friends' made trifle, and included mince beef...thats how incompetant I am in the kitchen :rofl:

and inxsmphy, have i added you on FB? I lost track of who I had added and who had added me...lol

me too Lorna :cry:

Charlie, I wouldnt even know where to start with a trifle...think back to when joey on 'friends' made trifle, and included mince beef...thats how incompetant I am in the kitchen :rofl:

:haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"