*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Claire, was the big one the BCG? sounds awful :hugs::hugs:

Faye, Lovely pictures :cloud9: How are you doing?

Leanne, How did I miss Mollys weight out my post :blush: shes doing very good :flower:

Oh yes, christenings... well, you contact the priest at your local parish and discuss dates with him. It's the last day of every Sunday at ours. You meet up, talk thing over, arrange payment etc.

Everything else, like the function afterwards depends upon what you're after. We;ve booked a function room in a private club, caterers, ordered a cake, negotiated drinks prices and have just ordered invitations to be sent out asap. Entertainment will just be a bit of background music.

hi lorna im fine thanks, glad the weather is getting better. how about you? xx

evening everyone!!

Pink, Caleb looks so sweet on that beanbag

With the jabs, Lana got them in both thighs but the doc and nurse did one each at the exact same time so that she only had to go through it once!! I too have told the OH he is taking time off for the next ones. dont know when they will be coz we get our appointment through the post!!!

We went out and enjoyed the sun today. We went for a walk around a marina (yes, we are totally landlocked but hasnt stopped us having a marinA :LOL:) with my friend who is now 3 days overdue...im hoping that the walk has helped things along for her. lol

Still havent made any cake...not doing anything tomorrow so will probably get baking!!

Emilies 3rd jabs are the 30th :wacko:

Faye, Caleb is 3 months tomorrow isnt he? cant beleive how fast time is going Im glad your doing good, Im fine thanks :flower:

Noah was fine at his first jabs, cried a little but was a big brave boy.
Poor Molly. :hugs:

Noah weighs 12lb 6oz now bless.
Not a great story about James' jabs so have put in spoilers.
When James was a baby I took him for his third lot of jabs and they did one in each leg at the same time. Anyway, he physically jumped as they did it and one of the needles snapped in his leg. They got it out and he had to be re-jabbed as he didnt get the immunization in. He was horrendously bruised for days. I will never ever let them jab Noah at the same time.

Claire, good luck with the Christening, we will do just as Leanne said once I get the wedding over and done with!
Pink - he is Gorgeous!!
Hope everyone is ok :waves:

Injections nearly made me cry too, MIL warned me I'd cry, I thought she was joking! Told DH he can take him next time, but I won't make him really.

His (DH's) uncle and aunt who live "down south" came to see me and Jake today cos they were here visiting generally. She did a really good job ofcalming Jake down, not many people other than me and DH can.

Christening - we get a village newsletter thing with a number to ring to arrange christenings, ring them, think you go have a chat and agree a date, take it from there. Not sure if we're going to bother, might just have a "welcome to the world" party instead when the weather cheers up a bit.

see, the priest at one of the church's ... the one the school go to for services etc, shes new and i dont really like her. she goes to babygroup with us and shes a bit pushy, i think ill wander up to the othe church which is a bit different and see what they say. Also to the hotel and see about their function room. Might just do something here at the house tho tbh, would be cheaper to do it here then get food etc done instead of paying for a room AND food etc. any excuse for my dad to light the bbq..
how long does it take to organise? can it be done pretty sharpish?

lorna, big needle was BCG. was one of those ones which looked like it was gonna hurt. they also lay her down on the bed in the clinic at hospital, on her side and held her down. wasnt like the frist ones where she could sit on my knee, was horrible i had to restrain her like that. shes not got a scab or anything yet, i remember mine, my arm was so sore for ages!

Nic, :wacko::wacko: Noah is doing great weight wise :flower:

Claire, Ive never organised a christening but Im guessing it can be done pretty sharpish if the church is free?

Claire, I cant even imagine how awful that must have been :hugs::hugs:

It only depends upon when the Church is free really... you could organise it all in a day if you really wanted to! We're waiting on invitations to arrive, a cake to be made, which will all be ready for the set date. If we wanted it sooner, we'd have to do things differently but it would definitely be possible. I thought about making the cake myself but I'm out of practice so I'll just get practising for her birthday.

Also, that's TERRIBLE nic!!! A good cautionary tale though... I'll make sure we never let them do this.

Guess it depends how fancy you want the party bit to be, if you're happy to make your own cake and have a bbq in the garden, text people invites etc then it'd just depend on the church. Christenings don't take that long so could probably fit you in pretty quick if you wanted. It's the fancy invites, custom ordered cakes that take the time, bit like weddings: you can do it quick or slow, fancy or simple depending on what you want.
(As you'll see if you look hard enough onfb pics we did the simple wedding option so I'm certainly not saying simple isn't good.)

Nic - that's awful, glad it's just the nurse at our doctor's that does injections!

Naturally, I went for a nosy! I think your wedding looks lovely! :D

I would send invites but i mean i could send them monday if i sorted the church and ok'd the party here by the end of the week. Its just my dad just booked his flights home and is only here for 3 weekends /4 weeks, longer than normal but i like spring/easter and would rather have it done while shes fairly little. So i might try get that organised for before he goes. I probably wouldnt have a huge party but i know someone who does cakes could ask her. k ill go to church tomorrow and enquire, if not that one then the lady will be in babygroup on thurs ill have to go to the other church.

lorna-yes 3 month's i cant believe it soon half a year will be gone. I really have no idea what to get my mom for mother's day. Was thinking of getting a photo of me and caleb and putting it in a nice frame but is that too cheap and being lazy x

and jaydee your wedding looks lovely! i could never pull off a dress like that, really, i'd look like a tit trying! :rofl:

pink, thats not too cheap. only cheap if its a cheapy frame. If its a good frame with a mount then it would look really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->