December 2008 Mummies

Shri - yeah Byron poos less often now (generally) but loads more in one go. We often have leakage,

:hugs: Sophie, it must be really hard. I hope things work out for the best one way or another.

:hugs: to you m&p. I hope everything is ok at your appointment. Keep me posted and if there's anything I can do let me know. I know some people who work on genetic conditions so depending on what your results are I am more than happy to get in touch. Even if it's only a 2nd opinions after seeing a genetic counsellor.

Well today Byron surprised us by rolling from his back to his side which explains some of his recent nighttime movements. Couldn't get him weighed yesterday as our clinic is shut but going somewhere else on Thursday. I reckon he's about a magic 14lbs now. Wow! He met my MIL for the first time yesterday so that was interesting for all concerned! I've returned to aquanatal now and have been going to a mum and baby group. It's all good really. He's sleeping loads better now we're co-sleeping, we all are!

Glad you're getting a better nights sleep PB. :) Aw, hes eager isnt he, :D well done Byron!!

Lexie is really filling out now. Getting heavier every week, lol. She's still sleeping the same. But I have changed her bedtime to 9pm instead of 8pm because it took her 45mins to settle. So now she settles quite quick now. :) She started making little laugh noises last week, like getting excited and making a squeel noise kinda thing. lol. So cute. I think she's started teething too. Shes constantly got her fingers in her mouth chewing em. Dribbling too. Her gums dont look inflamed but i think theyre playing up abit. Shes not crying with it so it musnt be bothering her that much. I got her a teether that you put in the fridge but she just sucks it haha. Thts all from me :p

hope your all well xx

Tyff- logans appointment is next thursday the 26th.

PB - thank you any extra info we can get will be so useful ! Glad Byron is doing well and glad to hear you are all getting some sleep now !

Well logan was weighed yesterday and he is now 8lb 130z thats 7oz in a week , im so proud especially as he has a terrible cold ! He should of had his injections yesterday but he was to poorly so we have to go next week.

hiya everyone.

how you all doing?
i had callum weighed last weds and he was a whopping 10lb 3 1/2 oz i cudnt belive it bless him, were still bf i cannot belive ive been doing it 8weeks tommorow i only lasted 2 with Clara, we went away for the weekend and he was so good wasnt even bothered that we was somewhere new.

thats all for me for now
good luck with logan on thurs hun

We're doing okay.

Had Claire weighed on Friday, she's 11lbs now! I was so worried about her in the beginning, she lost so much weight and didn't really gain a whole lot to begin with. She ranged from the 10th-20th percentile for her weight, but now she's in the 50th! :happydance:

She's juuuuust starting to return back to her normal self, one week it was the growth spurt, I couldn't believe how cranky she was! Then she got back to normal and then we had her 2 month needles, and we got the cranky girl back! She seems to be coming along though. She can *almost* hold her head up without me supporting it. I can't believe how big she's getting!

not been on this thread for ages how are you all ladies?

just saw quick mention on 'poo's ' Freddie has gone 6 days before now without one!! im still BFing him and HV said perfectly normal, he was fine on himself, farting like it was going out of fashion, then it finally arrived - he needed a bath!

got his first injections on thursday bless him, then a Venture photo on firday so hope they don't make him too stroppy!!!

i have not stopped bleeding yet!!! but think im having a period, i know they say u don't get them while BFing but its def a period now, great!

hope all babies are well xxx

Last night was magical. I gave Oscar a bath and put him to bed around ten. He grumbled a bit but by ten fifteen he was sound asleep and didn't wake up until four. After the 4am feed he went back to sleep until 7.30!!! I was amazed. I feel so happy. I slept a bit better than usual but my boobs woke me up by being all engorged and leaky. But I've been trying to get a routine going for ages and this is the first time it's worked and bubs seems happy too. He was cooing all morning. Such a relief and even if it's a fluke I'm going to relish it because it's been bloody difficult since day one.

I hope everyone is doing ok.
We should post more pics. Our LOs are growing so fast!

Hello ladies.
Just though I'd pop in here and let you all know me and Leo are moving into our very own house on monday (yep just Me and Leo - had too many problems with OH)
And I wont have the internet - well not for a good while until I can afford it.
So I will pop on now and again when I get the chance to use the internet somewhere.
Hope everyone's doing well :)

Also just wanted to say thanks to all you December Mummies for being such a great support system through pregnancy and with baby questions

xxxxx

good luck sophie, i hope everything works out for you and that it isnt too long before you get back on baby and bump.

i seem to have missed this thread for ages so missed lots so i think i have missed alot.
i hope everyones little ones are all ok and by the sounds all getting big now.

M&P i read your post about your appointment so i am glad it went well i wont wish you luck LOL

Annabelle poos everyday at the exact same time which is good, its snot that bad though.

we are having our second lot of injections on wednesday which im worried about but hopefully she will be ok

Lou
xxx

Shri im glad oscar is getting into a routine for you, hope it stays that way for you!!

Sophie Good luck with the move hunni and make sure to pop in now and again and let us know how you and leo are getting on!!

Lou good luck with annabelles injections wednesday xx

ARGHhhhhh
It was a fluke. Last night was miserable. He must me having a growth spurt again because he is wanting to nurse like mad but seems fine otherwise.

How do you get back onto a routine?
Eg if LO wakes hungry an hour and a half before the usual feed time. I feed him anyway because it is probably a growth spurt but then do I feed him at the next usual time or wait and take his lead? Because I'm thinking if I do the latter we will get all out of the routine and back to square one.

If he isn't hungry when it comes to the next feed I won't force him obviously but even if he only has a little snack feed at that time will it help?

Hope everyone else is doing alright.

I'm not sure if they can stick in one routine for very long at this age, as they are constantly changing... so it would make sense that the routines have to change to follow suit. :)

I had Claire on a 5am-9am-1pm-5pm schedule that was awesome for me. However, she kept throwing herself off of it during the night as she *technically* should have eaten at 1am, but instead would wake up at 2:30am or something like that. Pretty much now I just go by 4 hour intervals between her feeds, with the exception of the 9pm feed. She always gets a bottle at 9pm, then she's put down for the night. It's about as best of a schedule that I can do with her for the time being.

Things haven't been too great with me lately. I've been really weepy and upset, not really sure why. I've been picking fights with my OH like no tomorrow, and have just not been myself. OH thinks I might be developing PPD, so he wants me to call the Public Health Unit on Monday to get assessed. I feel like such crap, I really wanted to be able to say that I can be a Mom without it "getting to me" so to speak.

I think it's been a bunch of things all mushed up into a big ball of stress for me. Hopefully I'll get some answers when I talk to the Health Nurse and see if maybe some counseling will help some. I'm not a fan of taking medication for depression.

Hi Everyone!
It's been ages since I posted here. Like everyone else, I'm at Baby's beck and call! I try to work on the computer with Simon on my lap or nursing him, but it really hurts my back after awhile, so I've just been sneaking on for a few minutes if I can get him to nap, and usually I have to use that precious time to answer emails or get the banking done or something of that nature. Not a lot of time to browse!
We have had a few very nice accomplishments in the last few weeks:
1) Simon is sleeping in his own room now and we are all sleeping so much better for it! He is still in his bassinet, but the bassinet is now in his crib, rather than in our bed. There was some crying, but he soothes himself in a matter of minutes and then sleeps for a good 3-4 hour stretch. Hallelujah!
2) Very slowly, Simon is grudgingly accepting a naptime. Again, I had to steel myself to let him cry and that was really really hard. But I was surprised by how quickly the crying would resolve itself, and when he's rested, his personality is so delightful! When he's not, he's a fusspot. Good sleep for babies is so so so important.
The doctor at my maternity clinic recommended a book: Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. It's been really useful to me. Very science-based, non-judgemental, full of great, supportive advice. Unlike the Baby Whisperer, he acknowledges that there are many "right" ways to do things and offers lots of suggestions and case studies. It was nice to read something that didn't make me feel like I was screwing up as a parent because I wasn't following some self-styled guru's method.
Anyway, as this nap time gets established, I suddenly have time to get things done and I can't believe how much better I feel. I'm almost done our taxes (I'm one of those annoying people who always files early!) and I am more than halfway through our thank yous for all the baby gifts and good wishes.
It feels great.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm thinking about everyone and hoping that you are all doing well. Everyone tells me that once you get the first three months behind you that the babycare gets a lot easier. I wish sleep, gummy drooly baby grins, and a hot relaxing bath on everyone! That's what rocks my world these days.
Cheers!

Oh, by the way, Simon is now 11 lbs 12 oz and 23.5 inches at 8 weeks. That's a 3 lb weight gain and two inches of growth. No wonder he never stops feeding!
Here's a picture of us. I may get my taxes done, but grooming-wise, I've given up!

Tyff - hang in there! You're doing the right thing by talking to someone.:hugs:

Attachments

• Photo 25.jpg
    Photo 25.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo 18.jpg
    Photo 18.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
Sounds like the December babies are all doing well!!

:hugs: for Soph & M&P, make sure you let us know how Logan gets on!!

Looks like they are all settling into their own routines now.

Brookes gotten herself into a bedtime routine over the last 2 weeks :happydance:

Bedtime feed between 7 and 8, sleep between 8 and 9 then will wake for a feed between 4 and 6 then back to sleep until 8 to 10am. So pretty much there on the sleeping through, thank god!! Next mission is to get her into her own room :baby:

Good Luck With The Move Sophie. Hope You Settle In Nicely Both You And Leo :hugs: Hope To See You Back On Here Soon. :)

Lollylou - Good Luck For Annabelle On Wednesday. It's Horrible Aint It? Lexie Has Her Second Lot The Day After. :(

Shri - Lexie Sometimes Feeds Before She's Due To Feed. I Time It From That Feed Until Her Next. So She'll Go 3-4 Hours Until Her Next One.

:hugs: Tyff - Hope Everythings Ok.

Sarahkka - Yay For Sleeping In His Own Room! :D Cute Pics Too.

Yay Holly - Hope It Stays This Way For You. It Sounds Like It's Going Smooth. :)

Ok - A Little About Lexie. She's Still Brilliant At Night, Waking Up At Her Usual Times (4am & 8am) She Is Getting So Heavy Now, I'm Taking Her To Be Weighed On Thursday, And I'm Expecting Her To Have Put Quite Abit On, :lol: I Can't Believe How Fast She Has Grown Out Of Her Newborn / 0-3 Month Babygros - She's In 3-6 Months Now :o She's Got Her Second Lot Of Injections On Thursday - Really Don't Want To Go, But It's Got To Be Done. She's Started Trying To Grab Thing's When I Put Them In Front Of Her, So I'm Glad She's Finding The Use Of Her Hands. :) She's A Little Smiler, Chuckling Alot At Me , My Sisters , And My Mum And Dad :D Ok. . I Think That's All I've Got From Over Here. Glad You're All Well X

Lovely to read updates from everyone!

Donna - I cant believe she is in 3-6! :shock: Niamh is still in newborn in most things :dohh: She is in some 0-3 though.

Same here, we're only just making the transition into 0-3 lol

Morning girls!!

Dont you just love early mornings lol!! Nice to see everyone back in the thread!!

Tyff i hope you feel better soon hun, youre doing the right thing talking to someone about it!! Im sure youll be feeling back to normal soon :hugs:

Sarahkka i love the pics of you and you LO hes gorgeous :)

Holly good luck with putting Brooke in her own room when it comes to it!! when are you going to start? I was going to try it last weekend but chickened out :rofl: Im going to have to soon though hes nearly outgrowing his basket :shock: he's sooo long!!

Donna glad lexi's doing well hun and good luck with her injections thursday :hugs:

Tyler the last 2 nights has slept from 10pm till 7am :happydance::happydance: Im really hoping this will stick now im loving having at least 8 hours sleep a night!! Tyler weighs 12lb 12oz now too!! He's such a lil porker :cloud9: xx

Lol, Not every babygro is 3-6 but some 0-3 don't fit her, yet some do. (From different shops) :lol: She still fits in Newborn tops / jumpers. But not pants. She's awkward lol.

Last night was a nightmare - I went to bed at 1am (I was busy bidding on ebay lmao) Lexie woke up at 2:30! Instead of 4:30! So I had 2 and half hours sleep. I fed her, and put her back down. The next thing she's screaming, I looked at the clock and it's 6:39am. I get her out her cot and put her on my bed whilst I wait for the bottle to warm up. But she won't stop screaming! And I don't mean just a scream, I mean very loud screams. I didn't know what was wrong with her, lol. But she soon stopped when her bottle was ready. She wouldn't settle properly after that so I left her in my bed. She's never been like that before, she's normally quiet all night - :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->