December 2008 Mummies

Wow! Had to fish this thread out from the 7th Page! I think that's the furthest back it's been. Hopefully that's because everyone is too busy enjoying their LOs to be posting on here!!!

How is everyone doing? How are all your LOs? Any milestones yet?

Claire is trying to pull herself up into a sitting position, although I don't think she'll be able to sit up for awhile :rofl: She's going to be one frustrated girl! She's so interactive now, I love it.

Just wanted to check in, see how you all are doing!

Wow! Well done claire!

Niamh cut her first tooth a couple weeks back. Just a tiny bit though, but she's still teething.

She's laughing now, reaching for toys and found her feet last week, so loves those :lol:

She is constantly chewing her hands though! I've tried giving her toys and teethers, but nope she likes her hands! They're all red everyday.

Hello Tyff :hi: Glad Claire's doing great. Lexie is doing the same with the 'trying to sit up' thing. She kills herself trying - Bless her. Well done Claire, You'll be sitting up soon :)

Rafwife, Niamh has cut a tooth already - Wow! Good work Niamh! And she's found her feet - Aw how cute. :lol:

Lexie is still teething, but no signs of any teeth yet, Just the little white bumps on her gums. She rubs them with her tongue, lol. And she keeps trying to stand when I hold her arms up. She really gives it some umph but isn't strong enough to pull herself up yet. She's been screeching for a few weeks now, it's so cute. And she's obssessed with feeling things. When I'm feeding her she grabs her bib and pulls it up and down, and like rubs it? lol. She's got a bunny comfort blanket, but she just grabs it and it goes straight to the mouth lol. I think that's all from over here, oh she's got her 3rd lot of injections next week = Definately not looking forward to 3!!! But hey, 12months is the next lot so thank god. lol.

:shock: Wow, a tooth! Great job Niamh! :happydance:

Donna, Claire is the same way! She loves feeling textures... when I change her in the morning she always strokes the sleeve of my robe. (it's a really soft plushy terrycloth). 3rd set of injections??? Claire had her shots at 8 weeks, but they won't do any more until she's 16 weeks. Your system over there must be different than here. Lexie sure is a cutie patootie!

Do your LO's like to hang onto you when they feed? During Claire's bottle she always has to wrap each of her hands around my thumb and my pinky and then she squeezes while she eats.

I love the happy shrieks too! Although I dislike the angry shrieks that comes along with them. I can't believe our LOs are getting so big already! Truly it really doesn't seem that long ago that we were all pregnant and itching for our babies to be born!

We haven't had shrieks yet :lol: lots of talking though, and she makes this funny cooing noise when she sees me, or I wake her up from a nap.

She's not feeling textures too much yet either but she take a silky bit of blanket to bed and rubs it against her face. Other than that, she's not too interested in textures yet - and everything goes into her mouth :lol:

Yay! A December mummies page! I had a little boy, George Oliver, on 21.12.08. I'm pretty sure that he just started teething- he's whingin when he isnt normally a whinger, sucking on his hands all of the time. He also has been off his food. Did this happen to anyone elses babies when they were teething?

Niamh hasn't been whinging, but she's always sucking her hands util they are red raw, or sucking on anything she can get her hands on really. Lots and lots of drooling too! :)

:shock: Wow, a tooth! Great job Niamh! :happydance:

Donna, Claire is the same way! She loves feeling textures... when I change her in the morning she always strokes the sleeve of my robe. (it's a really soft plushy terrycloth). 3rd set of injections??? Claire had her shots at 8 weeks, but they won't do any more until she's 16 weeks. Your system over there must be different than here. Lexie sure is a cutie patootie!

Do your LO's like to hang onto you when they feed? During Claire's bottle she always has to wrap each of her hands around my thumb and my pinky and then she squeezes while she eats.

I love the happy shrieks too! Although I dislike the angry shrieks that comes along with them. I can't believe our LOs are getting so big already! Truly it really doesn't seem that long ago that we were all pregnant and itching for our babies to be born!

Yes! Lexie holds my top when I feed her, or puts it in my top if I'm wearing a vneck. Lol. It's so cute! But she mostly feels her bib, pulls it up and down.

Yeah we have injections at 8 weeks / 12 and 16. Then 12 months, and upwards. :D

Aw, I know they're all growing so quick. :D

Lexie's not gone off her food, but she is winging more. And her fists are in her mouth alot. I give her her rubbery toy which she loves to chomp!! :lol:

Hey guys!
Awww our little puddings are growing soooooo fast! I want to put Lexie on pause, she is growing so big it sometimes feels like i don't have time to stop and take in what she's doing before she's onto something new! They all look so grown up!
Today she has really started to pull her self up, she is going to have some serious ab muscles soon! No sign of teeth for us yet but is definately loing the fists. Would be typically for me that she is last to get them with me being a dental nurse! As for the cooing......she never stops. It was really cute at first but not so lovely at 4am when she is still chatting away! She has learnt how to squeal when she gets excited which is so funny!
After my visit to the HV on Thursday i have had to start her on some baby rice with her evening feed. She really seems to like it at the minute so fingers crossed it will stop her waking twice for feeding in the night! I feel more exhausted now than when she was first born!
xx

Completely forgot about this thread :dohh:

Well Brooke is doing great!!

She's been having baby rice this last week to try help ease her reflux and she's really getting the hang of it and it seems to be helping a bit :happydance:

As for milestones, she's giggling away, rolling onto her sides with ease and has completely rolled over a couple of times, she's still practicing that one :lol:

Is sleeping in her cot in her own room too!!

Hey guys!
Awww our little puddings are growing soooooo fast! I want to put Lexie on pause, she is growing so big it sometimes feels like i don't have time to stop and take in what she's doing before she's onto something new! They all look so grown up!
Today she has really started to pull her self up, she is going to have some serious ab muscles soon! No sign of teeth for us yet but is definately loing the fists. Would be typically for me that she is last to get them with me being a dental nurse! As for the cooing......she never stops. It was really cute at first but not so lovely at 4am when she is still chatting away! She has learnt how to squeal when she gets excited which is so funny!
After my visit to the HV on Thursday i have had to start her on some baby rice with her evening feed. She really seems to like it at the minute so fingers crossed it will stop her waking twice for feeding in the night! I feel more exhausted now than when she was first born!
xx

Hi malpal. Did the HV suggest you give her baby rice then? Mine are sticking to the 6 months script and wont entertain the idea of solids at this stage. May is feeding loads more in the last couple of weeks and waking for a feed for the first time in ages.....my Mum and MIL are convinced she is ready to start weaning so I dont know what to do

Completely forgot about this thread :dohh:

Well Brooke is doing great!!

She's been having baby rice this last week to try help ease her reflux and she's really getting the hang of it and it seems to be helping a bit :happydance:

As for milestones, she's giggling away, rolling onto her sides with ease and has completely rolled over a couple of times, she's still practicing that one :lol:

Is sleeping in her cot in her own room too!!

Another Dec baby on baby rice...hmmmp, the HV here really bug me - sticking to the 6 months thing. Did they advise you to give it to her?

May hasn't started rolling yet....should she be? Her movement is restricted I think as she hates being anywhere other than her bouncy chair, so she gets no practise of rolling etc. The only thing she seems to do is dig her heels into the floor a lot when she is lying down. I am worried now, you all seem to have rollers and sitters on your hands......

Vanessa my HV hasnt said a word to be about starting Brooke on rice ... i went with my own instincts!!

Im not sure about the rolling thing hun ...

Hey guys!
xx

Hi malpal. Did the HV suggest you give her baby rice then? Mine are sticking to the 6 months script and wont entertain the idea of solids at this stage. May is feeding loads more in the last couple of weeks and waking for a feed for the first time in ages.....my Mum and MIL are convinced she is ready to start weaning so I dont know what to do

Yes she said she was ready to start as she had 'ticked the boxes' of being ready! I think they were that she had doubled her birth weight, she had started waking again in the night after sleeping through (not just once , but twice in the night!!), and she was still hungry after a 8oz feed!! I'm just keeping it to baby rice at the min as i'm really concious that she only has a little tum!
The rice is mixed with her normal milk and can be mixed to either a thick or thin consistency so i personally see no harm in trying. Also i find it really confusing that some HV's will agree and others are adamant that it's 6 months! I just know there is no way Lexie would have lasted until 6 months!
Good luck :hugs:
P.S Lexie isn't rolling either, but i know how you feel sometimes i get well paranoid reading what others are doing!!! xx

Apparently these are the 3 month milestones ....

Three Months
Most babies can:
• Laughs
• Holds head steady
• Recognises your face and scent

Half of babies can:
• Squeals, gurgles, coos
• Recognises your voice
• Does mini-pushups

A few babies can:
• Turns towards loud sounds
• Can bring hands together and may bat at toys
• Can roll over

Vanessa my HV hasnt said a word to be about starting Brooke on rice ... i went with my own instincts!!

Im not sure about the rolling thing hun ...

I am thinking about it too. She's taking so much milk and seems impossible to fill up at the moment. Glad Brooke likes the rice so far, you'll be mashing up veg next! x

Apparently these are the 3 month milestones ....

Three Months
Most babies can:
• Laughs
• Holds head steady
• Recognises your face and scent

Half of babies can:
• Squeals, gurgles, coos
• Recognises your voice
• Does mini-pushups

A few babies can:
• Turns towards loud sounds
• Can bring hands together and may bat at toys
• Can roll over

Aw thanks for that hun. I have to remember that all babies are different. She can do most of them, some from each box... lots of coos and squeals, bats and grabs toys, turns towards noises and her mummy and daddy's voice. No mini push ups yet...awww bet they are so cute. Her head is still a bit wobbly though, but it is really big! They said that when she was born! Must be her mummy's brain in there!

No rolling over here yet either. :D

And the rice, well I am starting her during this week because she has gone from not waking up in the night, to waking up. So i'm going to start introducing foods to her slowly. She's already having a rusk for her breakfast, but I will see how she is on the food. :D

No rolling over here yet either. :D

And the rice, well I am starting her during this week because she has gone from not waking up in the night, to waking up. So i'm going to start introducing foods to her slowly. She's already having a rusk for her breakfast, but I will see how she is on the food. :D

Good luck, let me know how she gets on

May has been having an extra feed, and only going 2 hours between some bottles so I think she's getting ready too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->