December 2008 Mummies

And tooth #2 just made an appearance!
My husband named the first one "Old Chomper". He's brainstorming appropriate names for the second one. I will dutifully write in the names on Simon's baby tooth chart for his future amusement.
Simon got his second round of vaccinations on Saturday. Between that and teething, we have had rather broken sleep over the weekend.
Happy First Mother's Day to everyone, by the way!
I took Simon to the swimming pool for the first time for our Mother's Day outing. He was very solemn, but seemed to enjoy it.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Teeth already :shock:

I think we have tooth number 1 coming through atm, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo she's going to be a real grown up baby when she gets teeth :lol:

Awww, so sweet your LOs are getting teeth! Still no teeth for Claire, but she's got the signs, the rosy cheeks, drooling like crazy... it was so gross! She had a big spit bubble and the think was half full of saliva, yuck! :rofl:

She's also losing her hair now too! I thought we were going to make it out but I guess not, ha ha ha. She's got a serious bald ring, it's too cute. Looks like she might be going blonde too :shock: So far the peach fuzz that's grown back in is super white blond. OH was white blonde as a baby, so maybe she's taking after him?

We have the bald patch around the back Tyff :lol:

How's everyone getting on food wise? Started weaning? What are they all eating?

Claire still wants nothing to do with cereal. Just her bottles :rofl: We're going to wait a bit then try to introduce it again.

:shock: When did they move this to groups? :rofl: I am so unobservant these days... I just go by the posted threads in my User CP

Hi guys hope you and your LOs are well :)

Just a quick update on tyler : Had tyler weighed today, he weighs...wait for it....
16lb 10oz :shock:
Ive started him on baby porridge and he seems to like it and is getting the hang of it now!! Hes been on that for just over a week so im going to start him on another puree fruit/veg!!
Times going so fast i cant believe im weaning him already :( xx

hey girls how ya all doing?

Annabelle is doing well, she is on 3 meals a day now.

i have finally managed to get her to start drinking out of a juice cup too as we was having a nightmare trying to get her to drink out of anything other than bottle.

she has been really poorly with this horrible sick bug thats going around but thankfully she is much better now and is her usual self.

she seems to be teething, red cheeks dribble chewing everything she can get in her mouth but no teeth yet

Lou
xxx

Claire still wants nothing to do with cereal. Just her bottles :rofl: We're going to wait a bit then try to introduce it again.

:shock: When did they move this to groups? :rofl: I am so unobservant these days... I just go by the posted threads in my User CP

I moved it across earlier this afternoon :baby:

Hellooo ladies. I always forget to pop back here and see how we all are!
Sooo 2moro (well today seen as its after midnight is my birthday yayy :) and also Leo is 5 months old!!!! How quick has this all gone? Quite scary really.
Hope everyones doin well and enjoyin their babbas
xxxx

No weaning for us yet, as we're doing baby led weaning so will probably start in a month when she's almost 6 months :)

Niamh isn't gaining enough weight. She's only 12lbs at the minute so is now in the 0.4% and getting checked weekly.

We kind of stopped BFing, but I still have milk so am tempted to restart.

No rolling yet either but she thinks arching her back and slamming her bum down is hilarious, as well as making her body as rigid as possible when I'm changing her :rofl:

hello my little man weighed 14lbs 1oz 2 weeks ago and as advised by my hv he is now eating 2 meals a day , fruit in the morning and veg in the evening he loves it!!!

Oh my god.
I thought the multitude of sleep strategies was confusing.
Baby's First Foods is making me go cross-eyed.
Breastmilk only until 6 mos.
Start cereal at 4 mos.
Don't try fruit or veg until such and such a time.
Start with fruit and veg.
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
I think I'll ignore them all and just line up a bunch of different foods and my boob in front of Simon and work with whatever he picks. How's that for "baby-led"?

Oh my god.
I thought the multitude of sleep strategies was confusing.
Baby's First Foods is making me go cross-eyed.
Breastmilk only until 6 mos.
Start cereal at 4 mos.
Don't try fruit or veg until such and such a time.
Start with fruit and veg.
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
I think I'll ignore them all and just line up a bunch of different foods and my boob in front of Simon and work with whatever he picks. How's that for "baby-led"?

I like your style!!! :rofl: xx

:rofl: good idea

Honestly weaning is such a minefield .. you'd think it would be simple, food is food :hissy:

Rafwife Brooke does the slamming bum thing, its so funny

I cant believe this time 5 months ago we were all sitting there moaning "ohhh i wish this baby would hurry up" :rofl:

PP-
The best joke is that five months ago I was thinking it would be no problem whatsoever to take care of baby and do about a dozen different projects during my mat leave or my "time off".
Did I ever get schooled by Mother Nature!
Luckily it's a lesson I didn't mind learning. I really like how my priorities have shifted.
Mum and baby yoga today! Yay!
I think I may have to break down and get a couple more pairs of pants. I can't handle living in one pair of jeans and my yoga pants for much longer, and I still have a ways to go before my old clothes fit. Sigh.

Hi everyone!
NessaJane - I was wondering where you had got to! Glad all is well.
May has her 2 bottom front teeth already and is really suffering with her top 2 at the moment...she is cranky and moany most of the time and wants to be carried around all day! Bless her, she is heavy too!
Weaning is going well, she loves her food!

And, we have rolling in both directions now - woop!

Dont get me started on rolling either, Brooke ends up in some funny old positions from her learning to roll, its so funny

I know what you mean PP, Its like a game in the morning - where will she be in her cot today?? She got stuck half way to rolling from front to back though today and screamed her head off

What's everyone's sleep patterns like now?
May still has 3 naps but only short ones and doesn't nap at all after about 2.30pm....so I never get anything done around the house anymore!! I cant complain tho, she sleeps 12 hours straight each night, only waking if her teeth are bothering her.

Teeth!!!! OMG i hope Lexies stay away until after our hols, i don't think i could cope with teething in a foreign hot country.
Nap time in her cot is the funniest as i keep finding her with her legs dangling through the side of the cot!!!
Boy did nappy changing get hard now they want to move! I need a harness to pin her down!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->