December 2008 Mummies

Claire can't sit on her own either. She still doesn't really roll. The most she'll do is pull up onto her side. She hates being on her tummy though, maybe that's the reason? :lol:

BUMP! :rofl:

Had to fish this out from the bottom of the 2nd page! How's everyone's babes doing?

Simon is still biting my nipple during breastfeeding. It's very hard, but I have managed to still love him. Rotten baby.
Otherwise, he is quite delightful and keeping me very busy.
Hey, TTC plans seem to keep cropping up in various threads. Any of us Dec Mummies planning to try again anytime soon?

Hi everyone

No plans for TTC here for a good while yet!!

May is good, trying very hard to crawl but she cant keep her front end and back end up at the same time yet bless her. Still not sitting on her own, seems more interested in moving!!

How many crawlers and sitters do we have now??

Simon sits really well and is currently astounding me by how determined he is to crawl. He keeps doing the push-up position and is up on all fours, but hasn't quite figured out how to move around up there yet. I was saying end of this month for crawling, but right now I'm guessing it will be sooner. He wants to MOVE!! :)
Oh my god, I have to get the baby-proofing started yesterday!

I would love to TTC just now, and I know OH would in a heartbeat but there are a lot of obstacles.

Niamh is sitting, and rolling but nowhere near crawling She tries to bring her back legs underneath her but gets really frustrated that she can't do it yet :lol:

Aidan is crawling. He spent ages on his hands and knees rocking and then one day he was off and we havnt been able to stop him since. He follows the cat around :rofl:

No TTC anytime yet hun:(. So broody but just havnt gt the means to have anothera t the moment
xx

Claire can sit now, and roll over from back to tummy, then back again. Now she likes to sleep on her tummy and even though I know that if she puts herself there it's all good, it's still scary to me. :dohh:

She can also pull herself back up if she falls forward, and can suck her toes. It all happened in like a matter of 2 days between all of them, hilarious. She's awesome, and I love her SO much!

Other than that, not much new. Definitely not TTC, I want one out of diapers before I have the next... if I even want another one that is. :)

hey girls

everything is good here, We have our first tooth which cut one day last week!!
Annabelle is rolling from front to back and back to front so so very happy with that, she cant crawl yet, she doesnt make a great deal of effort in trying to get on all 4s just yet but does manage to get herself around the living room.

TTC plans for us are possibly this time next year, Annabelle took 2 years to concieve i dont want to leave it that long to start trying in case it takes that long again.

when are you girls all returning to work? is it soon? im still off until january yet but it already fills me with dread to return

Lou
xxx

Hi Girls :wave:

lovely to hear your LOs progress :)

Tyler can roll and sit but still no crawling yet!! he's a good mover though, if i leave him in one spot and go and potter doing housewrok etc.. ill come back and he will be half way across the room :rofl:

Im due back to work middle of september but am hoping to take my holiday days so ill be going back late october :happydance: I really do NOT want to go back :(

As for TTC i am sooo broody right now, we decided we would wait untill summer 2011 but i dont know if i can hold off till then!! My OH wants another now but i dont think i can right now x x

Well done Claire! The foot sucking is so funny isn't it? May very nearly crawled today, she does like an army crawl thing where her front is up and her back end is dragging along! She keeps head butting the floor though when she tries and we have had some screaming as a result!! Still cant sit on her own but doesn't seem interested in that at all.

I have nightmare teething cranky baby back too - May seems to be getting the fang shaped teeth at the top now and they are REALLY bad....she isn't sleeping well at all and is trying to be happy but ends up being a grump a lot of the day....come on teeth!!!

I am back at work in August - only going back part time for now though and have family to help so no nursery for May. I will miss her like mad but I guess it will be good for us both to do other things.

PS, NessaJane - Tyler is just too cute! Love that pic x

Awww, that sounds so cute what May is doing for crawling!!! :cloud9: Claire's the same, she gets really mad when she gets tired and her head hits the carpet, lmao. The best way I can describe her 'crawling' is like she's pushing her head around the floor! :rofl:

I *think* she might be teething. I can't feel anything in her mouth but she's drooling 10 times as worse before and has the flushed cheeks. Hmm, time will tell!

Simon is now officially crawling, too. He also gets tired and frustrated and just flops down and kicks all his limbs and yells. He sounds a lot like his dad when we're driving in bad traffic, funnily enough! :)
Top front incisor hasn't shown yet, but the hole is there so it will be out soon. As Simon is still biting during breastfeeding, the arrival of the top teeth may be the end of BF. So sad to think that, but I will not take the chance biting with top and bottom teeth. It hurts enough with just the two bottom ones. He'll bite a chunk out of me if he has both sets. We'll see how it goes, but I'm not optimistic. Naughty baby!

thought i would bump us back up!

so how are everyones babies doing now?

Freddie isnt crawling yet, his prefered method of movement is to roll everywhere, he tries to get up on his knees but gets so mad with himself! just noticed yesterday he is cutting one of his front top teeth, not got any bottom ones yet?! thought they came first?

he is great tho, such an amazing part of our life we feel very blessed :cloud9:

so whats everyone else been up to? anyone gone back to work?

oh and our other news...im pregnant again!!!!!:happydance: little bit of a shock but we are very happy, just waiting on a scan as have not had a period since Fred as still bfeeding, so not sure of any dates!!:dohh:

hope everyone is doing well xxx

Awww, so happy for you hunny! :hugs: Can't wait to see how far along you are!!!!!

Congrats again Brockie! :)

Niamh isn't crawling yet either. She's pulling herself right up when on her tummy though. I think she'll be a late starter.

This is such a brilliant age though :cloud9:

Yesterday she learnt a new smile where she squeezes both her eyes shut and shows bith gums in a huge grin. It is totally adorable!

Can't believe our babies are 8 months this month!

Congrats Brockie!! Make sure to update how far along you are!!

Tyler doesnt quite crawl on his knees but the last few days he drags himself along :shock: he got from the living room through the kitchen and into the bathroom earlier :shock: Nice to hear your LOs are doing well :) x x

Claire isn't crawling either. She's up on all fours and rocking back and forth, with quite a bit of vigor!!! :rofl:

She just hasn't grasped that in order to move, she needs to keep both ends up, :lol: She'll move her feet, but then her head goes down, or she moves her arms and her butt goes down. As much as I really adore crawling babies and I am so excited for that milestone, it takes a stronger vigil! I kind of like that she stays put for the most part atm... although she does make her way around the room! She'll do a combo of rolling, stretching and shimmying. :rofl:

No teeth yet, either. :)

Huge congrats, Brockie!
Simon is so sweet right now I could easily do another, but I think I'll still wait just a little longer so that I can squeeze a year of work and full income in between babes. The thought of going back to work full-time in December seems incredibly strange - like another life.
Simon is crawling all over the place and pulling himself up on everything, stable or not. Constant vigilance is indeed my new paradigm. He is capable of getting himself into serious trouble very quickly. :(
On the other hand, what a world it is for a fresh pair of eyes! It is amazing how fun it can be just to hang out with him and observe his discoveries. Almost eight months and what a difference my boy has made to my life - astounding! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->