December 2008 Mummies

Peanutbean... i bought Lexie the same rucksack in the cow print! They're great with the added reins!

Just a thought but does anyone ever think about the other December mums who are no longer around. It's so weird that this time ast year there was loads of us, now just a handful. We should get them all back for a reunion!!!

I do. A while back I was wondering where Donna had gone and a few days later she posted on a thread of mine all hey and haven't chatted in ages and how's Byron but then she didn't reply to my reply! :( She was with me in Team Dec 9th. I miss people who I went through pregnancy with. I know they don't have as much time to be on here but it's nice to say hello once in a while. I've not heard from Shri for an age too. I posted on her profile but no reply yet. I've made new friends as a Mum but I would still like to see how my preg pals are getting on.

Last time I heard Shri was doing well :) We swap emails.

We should bump the old thread, see everyone who's gone missing

Me too!

I miss Rubberchick! I always wonder how she's doing. And Michy and Poloma.

Rubberchick was online not long ago, she left a message on my profile :)

I wish they'd all come back though! They were regular posters too.

OMG :cry:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/77237-december-mummies-here-we-go.html

So broody now :cry:

Here's the other thread

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/62852-december-mums.html

:shock: Brockie! Anyone heard from Vickie? Ava is almost a year old!

And Marahm!

Awww now I'm off to read through and remember what it was like when I was pregnant! :cry:

:cry: I'm so broody now!

I want to do it all again with you girls! Same buddies!

I think I'll be late as they've dated me between the 10th-18th (I'm going by the 12th!) but they kept changing their minds before settling on the 12th.
Best quote from me in that thread :rofl: Ended up being the blimming 23rd!

erm, what the hell is going on ladies?!!! WHERE ARE OUR BABIES!!!!!!! :rofl:

Alright i am pissed off now, in the last week i have walked about 5,000 miles, had that fricking ball permanantly stuck to my ass and :sex: more times than we have done in our whole 10 year relationship, im in constant pain and my baby still won't come out!!!!!:hissy:

seems like there is knowone left on this thread:cry:

but congrats to all the new mummys, will be joining you soon xxxxx:hugs:

I nominate that one. :rofl: :rofl:

I love it! WHERE ARE OUR BABIES????????? :rofl:

Oh I have to go and bath Byron now but I'm going to check out the old thread later!

I can't read it!!!!
How weird that i was sitting there this time last year waiting for my baby to appear and now 1 year on she's arrived and i'm pregnant again with twins! If someone had of told me that then i would of wet myself laughing!!!

Rafwife.. i remember you worrying as your dh had to go away and thinking you would go into labour!! xx

Helllllooooo!!!!
It's been ages since I've had a chance to catch up - am now typing this like a maniac before Oscar wakes up from his nap.
All is well - had a few rough months as we are in transition - no house! I'm staying at mums with Oscar while OH gets things set up (relocation with a new job). Stress.

Oscar has four teeth and more coming through ( nightmare )
Still doesn't sleep through so I am still constantly frazzled and knackered.
Eats LOADS and loves cheese sandwhiches and fruit the most but seems to only like mushy 'real' food and won't eat the stuff I mash up with a fork for him. ggrrr
He is cruising with the furniture and stands up for a split second several times a day but can crawl at 50mph. He says stuff though! it really surprizes me but he has quite a list of words now
Aroo = hello
ah dee = oh dear (this he repeats the most often LOL!)
diss = what's this
bye bye
and other things he has said randomly but never repeated such as Bob! (bob the builder) and socks! (when I was getting him dressed)

It's absolutely adorable. He is a very rambuncious little boy though - really knackers me out!

As for me - still have a dissappointing pouchy belly and c-section scar still niggles.
Hair still falling out too. No mojo yet either. But happy.

ok - better go and make lunch (the endless conundrum of what to have)
x : D

Oh and meant to ask - don't know where to ask really but what are you all doing as regards milk?

Follow on? Cows? or still bfing?

I'm not sure what to do as he has 2 bottles a day of follow on and then bf at night (but really just a comfort thing) - sort of want to switch to cows milk but not sure what to do - I get bamboozled by all the pros and cons these days.

Hey Shri! Been asking after you. Glad things are ok and hope things settle down for you soon. What a lot of lovely words! We think Byron says Jess and Dog (they both mean the same thing of course!) and maybe Daddy but we're not sure about that.

As for the milk, we've been using cow's milk since I started dropping BF. I planned to stop at 7 months but clung on to one bedtime feed until 8 months and he's not been having formula at all. I see it as all pro as it's natural and not synthetic.

oh that's good to know. Are you giving him any vitamin supplements or just food and cows milk? And how much does he eat and how much milk does he have? Does he have it in a cup? I'd be glad to hear all the details because I too feel I'd rather Oscar got all he needs from natural wholefoods rather than anything processed and perhaps I can get some ideas how to proceed with his weaning from what you and others do. : )

I have been giving milk to replace BF so he has three bottles at 6oz a day plus milk on his breakfast (probably about 3oz). We were giving some vitamin drops of A, C and D but they ran out and I haven't got round to replacing them. I'm not entirely convinced by them (as with all vit supplements). Cow's milk is low in iron, but then so is breast milk after 6 months. We didn't worry about it as up until a week ago Byron was eating so very well having his daily recommended amount of veggies in less than one meal! He has strawberries in his breakfast and for lunch and tea he usually has mixed veggies (4 frozen portions) followed by fruit. He loves spinach and broccolli, cabbage and cauliflower. All good things! We don't give any packaged foods, he has veggies or scrambled eggs, sometimes tofu, and sometimes past/rice/bread. I say a week ago because then he was ill two days with a high temp from teething and his eating has been really off ever since. I very much hope it gets back to normal eventually!

He's not very keen on taking milk from a cup, though we do have one that is different from all our tommee tippee sippy cups which he will have milk from. I'm not bothered about the bottles as he doesn't take a long time over his milk and his teeth are cleaned after his last bottle. After he turns one I will wean him off the bottle as then I will be less bothered about how much milk he gets. He simply doesn't drink nearly as much if he has the milk from a bottle. Even if he sees me pour it in from the cup he's been trying and ignoring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->