December 2008 Mummies

:thumbup: I was more upset when the doctor said it to me. She actually told me to wean Claire onto 2% milk, not whole milk, because she doesn't "need the calories". I was like :shock: She needs the fat for brain development!

Not sure of the guidelines there, but here you aren't supposed to go down to 2% or 1% until they are 2-3 years old!

The doctor told you to give low fat milk?!!!!! Byron is 25th for head and height and 75th for weight (so obviously a fat pants) and pretty much the only fat he gets is in his full fat cow's milk. He sometimes has some cheese or a small knob of butter and that's it! He'd be getting no fat at all if he was on low fat milk. Idiots. Same guidelines here, actually it's now 5 years. Personally I'd rather drink water than anything with reduced fat milk. I just don't get it. Milk is only 4% anyway, it's hardly high in fat, and most of the nutrition is fat soluble (e.g. vit D) so to reduce the fat is barmy, why drink it at all?

Hello Dec Mummies!
Simon was 8 lbs 10 and 3/4 oz at birth and must be 24 pushing 25 lbs now?
He hasn't been weighed in ages, either.
Tyff, are you serious? Your doctor told you to wean Claire onto 2%?
Wow.
That only contradicts EVERY SINGLE guideline on the topic that I have ever read. Makes you wonder what other great advice she's been handing out, eh?
We have pretty much switched Simon over to cow's milk now. He took to it like crazy and is less interested in formula. We've been fortifying the milk with a scoop of formula to make sure he's getting all the necessary nutrients, but at his point, we're five weeks off his 1st birthday and I think he's more than thriving.
PB, Simon is quite big, too. He's tall like his daddy with the loveliest chubby baby legs you ever saw! I frequently give them little bites!

We have a walker!!!!!!!!
Was so proud and so emotional at the same time! Couldn't beleive she did it all by herself, she just saw something she wanted and went! It was perfect timing aswell as it was last night when both dh and i were there! Sorry for the gushing!!!!!!!!

As for weight Lexie is on the 95th percwntile for everythhing, someone asked me her ah=ge and before i had time to answer she guessed at 15 months! She blushed when i said err no 11 months! Not sure yet what we will do about moving over to cow's milk, think i will probably just change one bottle for now and see how she goes.
Everyone ready for all the birthday's!!!! xx

Congrats malpal!

Sarahkka - I remember someone on this forum (I wonder who?) talking about vampire babies, now we know where he gets it from!

Byron's been bad with teething yet again. Temp of 39 all Saturday night, in with us. Eventually fell asleep aftert copious drugs only to wake at 2am and vomit all over our bed. Ace! did a lot of sleeping on me all weekend. Fortunately he slept well in the cot last night so he must be feeling a little better.

Awww, hope he feels better soon PB!!! :hugs:

Way to go Lexie!!! :happydance:

He slept fairly well and in his own bed last night. But we got 6 or 7 calls from reverse charges at half 11-12am last night! WTF?!?! Stupid trying to press the right button to reject the charges in the pitch black. So Byron didn't wake me but some drunk teen who doesn't know how to dial did.

We are having a bit of a nightmare with Byron's birthday plans. I've just had an email from our good pal who we were going to stay with on Fri and Sat and her doctor swap has pulled out on her so she has to work all weekend 7am-9pm. Got nowhere to stay! And the party is hopeless because DH's Mum is a knacker and we have to go to his uncle's only he has to be out by 4pm so we're going to be on a tight schedule and can't invite any of the friends we planned on. Whole thing has fallen apart.

That really sucks! :( I keep telling myself that even if this birthday is a bust, thankfully she'll be too young to remember it. We've got at least another 2 years of 'practice' birthdays before they start having expectations!

:rofl: I hope you guys have a great day regardless. Just think, no matter how "bad" the day may get, what you were going through last year was 100 times worse! :hugs:

Don't beat yourself up about it PB. I'm sure Byron will be just as happy having mummy & daddy making loads of fuss over him.
Can't believe that this time last year..................
It makes me so emotional, i feel like a wreck!!!

xx

:rofl: Tyff. Anything would be better than what I was going through this time last year!

I got Byron weighed this morning and am a bit gutted that instead of putting on a pound or two since he was last weighed 1st Oct he has instead lost 3oz. :( This is the price of all these teething issues and not eating for weeks and vomiting etc. I've always felt proud of his steady weight gain so feel a bit sad now. I think I will start adding butter and oil to all his veg!

Well we've had a pretty hectic weekend. On Friday Byron saw DH's Dad's side of the family and got loads of prezzies off them, then on Saturday (his actual birthday) he saw DH's Mum's side of the family and got loads more prezzies then we went for a meal with some friends and he was extremely well behaved and was charming to all the other people in the restaurant causing quite a stir! Today we went to the sea life centre and met up with some more friends and children and he wore his new fish tank top, super cute. He's been so good despite the mad weekend. He suddenly got better from the teething on Thursday and has been scoffing like there's no tomorrow all weekend, loads of cake and ice cream too! He has been given so many lovely presents and really a lot of money for his trust fund - some of our friends and family are too kind. He's had gorgeous outfits all weekend (very important!) as we got some waistcoats and ties and things from M&S. Next Sunday is his birthday party at home with my side of the family an his and our friends here.

Who's next? Hope everybody's birthday plans are going well.

hi all im a december mummy my son thomas was born 2nd december 2008 we called him thomas and i cant believe its his 1st birthday on wednesday the time has just flown hes a little champ i love him to bits. hes just started to walk on his own ( well takes 10 15 steps then falls ) would love to get to know some of you dec mummies and become friends with you

Happy belated Birthday to Byron! :)

I cannot believe a new set of December Mummies are waiting to pop!

This time last year we were all on eggshells wondering which one of us was going to pop next!!

Hi Kelly! Hope your little man enjoys his birthday on Wednesday. Byron's a bit tired and grumpy after his excessive weekend.

rafwife, you should copy the birth list from the old thread into your first post so that we can see when everyone was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->