December 2008 Mummies

I just found this thread! My gorgeous little boy was born December 23rd 2008! Seems like ages ago now! :( xxx

I just found this thread! My gorgeous little boy was born December 23rd 2008! Seems like ages ago now! :( xxx

Hi :)
yeah it does seem so long ago now. It feels like when I was pregnant it was a dream, like it never happened? that probably sounds crazy though :lol: xx

Its mad Rafwife cuz you were due the same day as me werent you, and you lost your plug a couple of weeks early, yet you still went quite far over! xxx

Its mad Rafwife cuz you were due the same day as me werent you, and you lost your plug a couple of weeks early, yet you still went quite far over! xxx

Yep! :rofl: I even started contractions and ended up in hospital at 28 weeks! Little madam was just teasing me all the time!

Yeah same here. I was in and out with contractions from like 32-35 weeks and they gave me the steroids and everything and I still went up to my due date! Naughty lil ones! How is Niamh? xxx

Niamh is doing really well thanks :)

She's counting up to 5, saying short scentences like 'Look Mummy Baby!' and seems to be obsessed with horses just like her Mum! :lol:She has utterly no fear, which terrifies me at times! She has a slide, and a few weeks ago started going down headfirst shouting 'weeeee'! I nearly died the first time she did it!

How's Leo been?

Hi :)
yeah it does seem so long ago now. It feels like when I was pregnant it was a dream, like it never happened? that probably sounds crazy though :lol: xx

Yeahh It kinda feels that way for me, I don't remember being pregnant at all! It's weird isn't it.. I also don't remember the first few weeks or Dylans life.. I don't remember what his cry was like when he was born or anything :( Everything was so crazy!! Especially as he was born 23rd of december and we came out of hospital on xmas eve and I hadden't even finished my shopping! lol xx

Niamh is doing really well thanks :)

She's counting up to 5, saying short scentences like 'Look Mummy Baby!' and seems to be obsessed with horses just like her Mum! :lol:She has utterly no fear, which terrifies me at times! She has a slide, and a few weeks ago started going down headfirst shouting 'weeeee'! I nearly died the first time she did it!

How's Leo been?

Awww wow shes so clever!!! Leo is great thanks. Hes such a strong character he knows exactly what he wants and he has THE WORST tantrums if he doesnt get his own way. His new word this week is "ball" he can say it and if you ask him to get his ball he goes and gets it for you. Hes understanding more of what we say to him all the time, its amazing. If you tell him to put something in the bin he will do it, if you ask him to get his dummy he goes and finds it. His latest obsession this week is those wooden sort of puzzle things where you just put the pieces in the right place. He has two of them and the first time he completed one of them the other day (with a bit of help from daddy haha) he got sooooo excited! he started shouting "Ma! Ma! Ma!!" picked the whole board up and ran over to me with it to show me :cloud9: :cloud9: sounds really sad but it was such a proud moment for me because he was soo excited about what he had done and he really wanted to show me! xxx

Hiii ladies!! can we believe its TWO years next month since our babies were born?! :cry:
Where has the time gone?? How is everyone?? xx

Two years :wacko: I can't believe it!

Am I the only Mummy who isn't pregnant or wanting another yet? :lol:

We're planning Byron's party. It's on Sunday on his birthday. He's so grown up!

Hi all,

it really is scary that our babies are going to be 2 !!

Are you having parties this year or doing anything special ?

On the day of logies birthday we are just having a little tea party with family and the folling day we are off to Hatton country world for a visit to santa and having a real seigh ride, the farm is fantastic for kiddies with loads of animals.

As for another baby we might see if santa wants to deliver one :haha:

A HUGE happy birthday to Byron for sunday hope you have a fantastic party xxx

Thank you! We're having party bags and alsorts at the party. First time ever and I was so excited filling them! DH got some ace things for them - little animal cups and fun bouncy balls. The party is just at home with friends and family so we wanted to spend a little money on some treats as we can't afford to hire anywhere exciting.

Is anyone else having a party?

We're just doin the same thing we did last year. Do a little buffet, invite family and friends round to the house and a few of his toddler friends.

As for another baby, we have been NTNP since about feb but I havent had a period since may soooo :lol:

Oh! Happy Birthday, Byron!
Sorry I'm late with the good wishes!
We're doing a family and a friends birthday party this year, as we'll be away for Simon's actual birthday visiting family. We'll do a friends party when we return. And we'll do it at our house I think. At age two, is there really much point in spending loads on a venue? I'd be surprised if kids that age lasted more than an hour! :)

Byron's two other parties were in venues but we're too cheap! lol. One was at a play/sensory place for a couple of hours, the other was at a local hall just for space, again a couple of hours. Ours seemed to last similarly when people started to mill away. I've been amazed by Byron's stamina, he's not even been cross at bedtime!

I want to do an outdoor snow party and get everyone tobogganing, but I think the guests are all still too young. They'd get cold too quickly.
Maybe in a couple years we'll try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"