December 2008 Mummies

Glad I'm not only one who is choosing sleep over sex! lol

How did the cot go Lou? We put Byron in his to play with his mobile and Christmas cot bumper/newborn book so he enjoys being in it. As he's never been happy with the moses basket I'd like to work my way up to the cot, getting him to nap in it first.

Sorry about your milk M&P. For sure expressing is not as good but it's a shame it's not being sufficient to keep up the supply. Have you talked with a consultant at all?

Funny you LO hates the car seat clara, does he not just fall asleep in it?

As for housework, I try and do a bit each day sometimes getting more done depending how Byron sleeps in the day. I quite often pop him in the baby bjorn to hoover and tidy but can't wash up like that!

hey pb he does fall asleep eventualy in it but as soon as hes sat in it he screams his lungs out. ive started putting his snowsuit on tho giving him a feed and putting him in it when hes half asleep, hes better now hes in the car at least twice a day for school run but if hes awake and we stp at lights or i turn off the engine he starts again.

ive found a new way of getting house work done as soon as my hoover turns on callum listens to it and nods off so i just leave it on for 10mins while i flick through room then if he starts i flick it back on while i do another room by the time im done hes fast on.

hey pb he does fall asleep eventualy in it but as soon as hes sat in it he screams his lungs out. ive started putting his snowsuit on tho giving him a feed and putting him in it when hes half asleep, hes better now hes in the car at least twice a day for school run but if hes awake and we stp at lights or i turn off the engine he starts again.

ive found a new way of getting house work done as soon as my hoover turns on callum listens to it and nods off so i just leave it on for 10mins while i flick through room then if he starts i flick it back on while i do another room by the time im done hes fast on.

Another hoover fan! :happydance: I can always trust the hoover to send Oliver off to sleep too! :rofl:
That or the tumble dryer :rofl:

hey girls :) Niamh and I are doing well.

I agree about sleep! OH and I haven't had sex since before Niamh was born. Don't miss it either, bed is for sleeping! lol!

I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but I've been super organised since having Niamh. Although I'm knackered, I feel like if I'm not super organised then I'll never get anything done at all so I have to be on top of everything. My house has never been so organised and tidy and I'm managing to get out most days Mon-Fri to Mums and Tots, BFing support group, friend's houses, etc. I've even volunteered to be a member on a club committee on base, and joined a book club for myself.

I was never this organised when I wasn't a Mum! I guess it's because I have to look after the both of us now, rather than just myself. When it was just myself and I was on maternity I was happy just to stay at home all day.

I try to be organized, but it doesn't happen, LOL.

OH and I tried having sex on Sunday and it was pretty painful... like sharp stabbing pains. We tried again last night and used lots of lube and it was much better. Still got tender after awhile, but not the stabbing pain like the last time!

Claire's doing well. She's slowly gaining weight, she was 8lbs, 6oz last Friday. She's not rapidly gaining weight, but she's not losing either so I suppose I should count my blessings. I worry though, when other babes who are only a day or two off of her are already over 9lbs. She's my sweet little girl though!

Not feeling well. Tired, run down and needing a break! OH is taking me out for dinner on Friday night for my 30th birthday (it's in a week). It'll be the first time I've left Claire since she was born. I'm kind of freaking out about it!

I find on the days where Noah has to be at nursery I am Super Organised. All of us up, fed, dressed and out the door by 8.45am for the mile treck.
On the days we dont have to be anywhere we sometimes arnt dressed till 9.30-10am! lol

I do get alot of satisfaction from getting things done, but dont really care too much if it doesnt work out.

Had Oliver weighed today and he's put on 2lb 5 1/2oz in two weeks! pmsl
He's now 11lb 1 1/2oz aged 4 weeks old? (mind you his big bro was 12lb at same age)
My boys love their grub!
And hes a good sleeper at night too (thank god) wakes 1-2 times for a feed. Shame the other two are going through a phase of waking up at stupid o'clock

As for the "sex" thing, I've only just stopped bleeding so we havent doe the deed yet! wont be long now though and I will admit Im a bit scared! lol

Afternoon ladies ,

Hope all is well ?

Me and the oh have resumed the :sex: i was so scard the first time !!!

Had Logan weighed today and he is a fantastic 8lb thats a whole 7oz in a week !!!

I have also made to tough decision to stop expressing i was getting so upset when there wasnt enough milk to satisfiy Logan and he was so stressed , he is now on Apitmal breast substitute formula and doing really well , im in so much pain though i even look like pamela anderson !!! :dohh:

Clara - do you have any toys on the car seat? We have a mobile thing with dangly sea creatures that plays rather loud classical music. Byron loves it and will often be asleep moments after getting in the seat even if he's had a whinge on. It just velcros round the handle.

Rafwife - I fear I am the opposite! I had a while of getting on top of things but now Byron is such a nightmare about sleep everything is slipping away from me. I didn't even make my one weekly group today because I'd had absolutely no sleep at all. All the groups I want to go to are on the same day which is pretty annoying. Plus Byron gets even more disturbed if we go out so I hardly leave the house at the moment except to walk the dogs.

I dreamt about DH and I having sex last night (well, this morning when I finally got some kip). I also dreamt about going to aquantatal ad the mum and baby group and seeing people at work. I am clearly living my life through dreams!!

M&P - I was really engorged when I switched Claire to formula. I took advil (ibuprofin) to help with the swelling, and I'm not sure if it's the placebo effect or what but I read online that cabbage leaves help with engorgement.

I used them and I kid you not, it works. :shock:

You buy a cabbage, and take off some of the greener leaves. You wrap them around your breast and literally within a few hours the breast that was under the leaves wasn't hard and engorged at all! I wore them 24 hours straight and that's all it took to relieve the engorgement. I have no idea why it works, but it did for me.

Assuming you can stand the inevitable ribbing you are going to get from your OH! :rofl:

Afternoon ladies ,

Hope all is well ?

Me and the oh have resumed the :sex: i was so scard the first time !!!

Had Logan weighed today and he is a fantastic 8lb thats a whole 7oz in a week !!!

I have also made to tough decision to stop expressing i was getting so upset when there wasnt enough milk to satisfiy Logan and he was so stressed , he is now on Apitmal breast substitute formula and doing really well , im in so much pain though i even look like pamela anderson !!! :dohh:

I switched May to formula recently too, I know what you mean about the boobs!! It only lasted a few days though chick x

Where is everyone today? If you've seen my thread you'll know we had a better night last night with much more sleep. I feel like a new person today. I just hope will become a better pattern in general and not just a fluke. Though I was reading in our baby book that it's more like 10-12 weeks that they get into a good day/night understanding so maybe I'm just expecting too much.

We've had a jolly day today, some lovely smiles and play. I've been trying to get him to copy me sticking my tongue out. He's done it a couple of times now after really studying my face as I do it. Very cute indeed!

Hope you're all quiet because you're all busy and happy!

Oh, I finally ordered our Bumgenius nappies today. Together with some swim pants and a few other bits and bobs a total order of £250, but these are birth to potty so that's it. I hope we like them!

Thats great that you got more sleep! Niamh and I had a great night too. She slept 9pm-7am only waking once at 2am or a 30min feed!

The only thing we've done differently if bottle fed for the last 24 hours and put colief in with her feeds. She's hardly windy at all now, and not crying when she's passing a bowel movement. Shes like a different baby. I'm not sure where we go from here as I really wanted to BF :(

That's great rafwife! I'm jealous of your 10 hours though! I can't believe we've got to a point where 5 feels fantastic. It's not half hard work!

he all glad rafwife and peanutbean got more sleep last night.
rafwife i used colief for about 4 weeks it worked wonders but turns out it was working by reducing the loactose in annabelles milk to nothing because she was on an easy digest milk, when i took her off it she was really poorly and has been told she is lactose intolerant for the time being and are now having milk on prescription to help.

everything is going steady here, we are in the cot now which is going well i think.

i havent been to any groups feel a little scared by it but not sure why, i appear really confident with people i know but very shy with new people

Lou
xxx

Glad you got some sleep PB. Hope it stays like this for you. :hugs:Rafwife that's v.good! I bet you was fresh as a daisy the morning after, hehe. Aw, lollylou, It's great Annabelle is in her cot now. Hope she's better soon.

I've got Lexie into a routine now,yey go me! I bathe her at 6:30pm, feed at 7:00pm till 7:30pm, then bed at 8:00pm. I put her in her cot upstairs now on her own. Last week I was taking her up when I went up at 10:30pm. But she settles straight away. Sometimes makes little noises if her dummy comes out but settles herself back. It's amazin how good she is. I have had no sleepless nights yet. She still wakes up at 3am, and 9am. Every night without fail. So it's good her routine is the same everyday. She's a brilliant baby, Im so lucky lol. I got her weighed today and in 2 weeks she has put on 8oz. She was 9lb 02oz 2 weeks ago. Now she is 10lb! :D Chubby monkey hehe. She's definately filling out in her face now. And smiling,well.... She never stops lol. I was doing my exercise dvd tonight and she was laughin away at me whilst sat in my V pillow on the couch lol. So cute! That's all I have from my side.

Glad all your babies are well :) x

2 months on wednesday, how fast that has gone. No quicker I blink she'll be 6 months! :lol: x

Hi all!!!

glad babies are being good and giving mummys some sleep!

Freddie is very good too, most nights we get a good run of 5 hours sleep tho last night he was waking for a feed every 3 hours - a little growth spurt me thinks!

HV came today and weighed him - 2 weeks ago he was 9lb 12.5oz, today he is 11lb!!!! its such a relief as i still worry a bit about not seeing what he is getting from the boob! his feeds are shorter now too and normally every 4 hours or so, so im one happy mummy!!!

im finally feeling back to normal now if you know what i mean, over the shock of the whole labour, birth and having a real person to look after!!! how is everyone else feeling? i have been getting period like pains last couple days tho i know its not a period, im still bleeding tho, does it ever stop?!

weather is so rubbish today so no walks for us, going to put me feet up and watch ER while chubs is having a nap!

xxxxx

Donna I am so envious of you! How did you do it? We had another awful night last night. There's no winning for us. We're also thwarted by DH's work. If we started a nighttime routine early then DH would never see Byron at all. He often works late, not home til half 8. Last night we each had tea earlier so we wouldn't delay the bath too late but it was still really late before we get on to it.

Glad the cot is working Lou. Byron definitely prefers his cot to the moses basket.

Glad Freddie is coming on so well Brockie. I don't really worry about what Byron is getting from me except during growth spurts when he wants to feed all the time and my boobs can't keep up.

I've done all my jobs for today. Walked the dogs, got my headlight bulb replaced and picked up a referral from the Doctor to a dermatology clinic. I got this pea on one of my ear piercings during pregnancy and annoyingly it hasn't gone down so I have to get it cut off. Nice!

Claire isn't in any routine at all, aside from her feeding every 4 hours or so. Makes me wonder if she should be in one, and how do you start one?

Well wait, she has some sort of routine I suppose, but it's mainly getting changed before she has a bottle. Although I don't like that one, as if I have to change her before her next bottle is due she gets quite upset that the bottle she's expecting isn't being produced!

I have my 6 week check up today with my OB/GYN. OH and I are going out for dinner tonight for my birthday so I'm looking forward to that too, although still a bit anxious at leaving Claire for the first time. She's barely been out of my sight since she's been born!

Glad to hear all your little ones are doing so well! Claire is still very thin, she's not even 9lbs yet. I worry about that, but she drinks about 5.5 oz every four hours, and doesn't spit alot of it back up regularly so I'm figuring she's getting enough. Hard to tell sometimes.

I know they say you shouldn't compare your baby to others, but is anyone else's baby still under 9lbs? She was 8lbs, 6oz at her last check up.

Tyff, Niamh is 8lbs 9oz just now. Seems we both have delicate little girls :hugs:

:hugs: Thanks, Nic.

I worry so much about her at times. There's a girl who goes to my mother's bible study who had her little guy 2 days before I had Claire. He's already 13lbs!! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->