December 2008 Mummies

PB, I don't know how I've got her so settled lol. She's always been like this. I guess I've got all these sleepless nights to come all at once. Acch! But alls I do is do the same everyday so she knows when it's bedtime, etc. Like bath then bottle then straight into her cot. So I think she knows now after that bath and bottle it's bedtime? I dont know but I hope he gets the hang of it soon for you. :hugs:Brockie, glad freddies doing well. He's coming along nicely isn't he. 11lbs!? :DTyff glad claire's good. Her weight seems fine to me. :) And routines I dont know when your supposed to start them but I started early so they get the hang of it. :D

Tyff, Byron was under 9lbs at 5 weeks. It really depends on their starting point and also how much they lose after birth.

We've been doing a routine for weeks Donna, but his routine is to cry all night at the end of it! lol We're trying something new this weekend though.

hiya everyone, glad your all ok and LO are aswel. apart from sleep depervation.

well Callums sleeping better during the day the past few days instead of crying constantly unless im holding him, hes also been sleeping in his bouncer instead of me cuddling him.
he had an airing out of his lungs last night screamed for an hour soilid before bed he had his knees so high up im wondering if he has a touch of colic he brings up loads of wind both ends ive neva heard a baby trump as loud hehe
can they have infacol if breastfed? i will have to look into it and give it a go.

havent had him weighed thisweek im goin to take him on thurs to baby clinic see how much hes put on hes defo filling out as within a week hes gone from tiny and now newborns too tight but 0-3 too big i carnt win.

thats all our news at the mo

Lou xxx

oh and omg hes a month old today how flippin fast has that gone.
and brokie im with u when will it ever stop with the bleeding.

Yep you can use infacol when BF. I have been using it since about 2 weeks and Byron doesn't often get colic now just a touch here and there. You can use it indefinitely at it is preventative. I will try cutting it out around 3 months and see what happens.

As for bleeding, I bled til 4 weeks, stopped for a week then again til 7 weeks, then at 9 weeks I have just come on my period. How depressing!

I haven't started my period yet. My doctor said it'd probably come in the next week or two as it's normally a month or so after you stop breastfeeding that you get it. (According to him).

Appointment went well! I can resume exercising again :)wohoo: ) and he did a quick look inside as I mentioned I'm still a bit tender. Looks like I have a few stitches that haven't dissolved yet on the inside. He said they were about a week or so away from healing, but to avoid sex for another two weeks. :doh:

We're going out to the mall today for me to pick out a gift and then get some gifts for friends who have had babies in the past few weeks.

Dinner last night was great! I had a nice steak and glass and half of a really good Riesling wine, very yummy. For dessert I had a cheesecake that was to DIE for covered with wine-stewed berries. Yum yum yum. Can it be my birthday every week? LOL I would so have that again in a heartbeat!

May was 7lb on the nose when born and now is 8lb 8....she had one week though where she put no weight on so I know it can be a worry....sounds like Claire is doing fine to me x

hey girls i was thinking where is Vickie with Ava, has anyone heard from her, im not sure who was her text buddy

Lou
xxx

You bled at 7 weeks then 9 weeks PB? I've not bled since I stopped bleeding when she was 3 weeks old. Lol. I'm waiting for my period, as it should be here by now? I'm at the 6 week check next week so i'll mention it to by doctor.

Donna - the bleeding was all lochia up until 7 weeks, with a funny week off in the middle but this is definitely period. Some thin watery cramps a bit like when I BF in the early days and my uterus was shrinking and definitely new blood! And I'm still BF so i feel pretty peeved. I asked my sister and she was BF and also got her period at 10 weeks so we much just be highly fertile! lol I'd like to know when my luck will come in. Shitty awful pregnancy, the worst labour ever, period during BF and now Byron will never sleep so I never get to either. He'll be a good teenager right?!

Hi guys
so glad to hear everyone is doing good!

Donna how lucky are you! no bleeding since 3 weeks after birth and a great night time sleeper!! I'm jealous!!!

Talking about people going missing where is Bambikate????

As far as things with me go I seem to be battling at the minute with a sicky baby!! HV told me to go onto hungry baby milk as Lexie was only lasting 2 hours!! Thing is i was having to feed her the comfort milk due to her reflux, now i have changed her milk she is constantly bringing back milk upto 2 hours after her feed!!!
As for nightimes am really trying hard to stick to a routine and she is fine for the first half of the night, she wakes to feed at 2am and then i just cannot get her back to sleep in her basket!!!
I am also having the same problems as Lollylou1 with the length of her, apparently she is really tall!!! Good but she is nearly out of her basket! As for weight at 6 weeks she is now 11ib3oz and has really CHUBBY cheeks!!!
Great to catch up with everyone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw, I hope she's better soon. :hugs: And 11lb wow lol.

And I think I jinxed myself yesterday, I woke up at 6am for the loo and that's right, I've come on my period haha. How canny! :lol:

I'm getting Lexie a playgym tommorrow, woo. She only has a swing and bouncer chair at the minute so Im so excited to see what she'll do under it ! :D

donna i bought tyler a playmat last week and ive played with him a few times with it he seems to like it but i dont think he knows whats going on yet tho lol xx

Morning all. We did better last night. He screamed from 8pm til 11pm then I fed him (new rule - no feeding less than 3 hours apart) then DH took over and didn't wake me til 5am for another feed. I slept ok, bit fitfully, but ok during that time and they both slept on and off with Byron content in between sleeps. He then slept 6am-9am, a quarter of an hour power nap while I showered then fell asleep about 12:45pm by himself in his chair. Immunisations aren't being done today so we're booked in next week. I'm waiting for a call from the Doctor about Byron's sleep.

Donna, sorry you got your period! Enjoy your playmat (and Lexie too of course!), Byron really enjoys his. He likes the cow that has a bell in it and the lamb that has a red fastening best. We can set them up low enough for him to bat when he wants to, it's good practise.

PB- I'm glad its getting a bit better for you. It still sounds quite rough for you both though :hugs:

Niamh is doing well. She's loving light up, musical toys at the minute but her favorite thing is one on one attention with me. She's doing lots of smiling now, and when she's awake during the day she is generally a very happy baby. She thinks it's hilarious when I stick my tongue out at her, or blow raspberries on her feet :rofl:

BFing is going well too (no more nipple shields!) but we are still topping up with formula at night which I feel a bit naughty for. :blush:

I dont want to jinx it, but for the last few nights she's been sleeping really well. Last night she slept 11pm-5am unbroken. Then went back down at 5:30am until 10am.

Another couple of weeks and she'll be copying you sticking her tongue out back at you! Byron and I had some fun sticking to tongues out at each other this morning. He also makes a sound which I think is because I did when I started doing it a couple of days ago. (I read in a book at this age they will start copying!)

Glad sleep is better for you rafwife, and feeding too. Our feeding has got back to normal again now. Really don't know why he had a few weeks of being terrible after being good with it before.

Afternoon Ladies ,

well me and Logan are having a dressing gown day so all is quite peacefull here !!

He is still only going 4 hours between each feed at night but he is really whinging in the day, he seems to have bouts of crying and then passes wind so im not sure if the milk isnt suiting him !!

Claire's been doing the copy-cat thing when she was 3 weeks old. I had read that they can do it as early as 2 weeks as well. It's the cutest! She'll stick her tounge out at me, and pucker her lips in respose to me too. For those on my Facebook, I have pictures of it... its too adorable!

Where is everyone? We got better sleep last night. Hooray!

I'm here! Just sitting down with a lovely bowl of chowder I just finished making. Mmm yummy. :)

Glad you got some more sleep last night PB. I'm sure you have lots of catching up to do. :hugs:

Niamh slept 11pm-8am :shock: I don't believe it's the start of anything though, just a fluke!

We had Mums and Tots this morning, which for once she was awake for (Its during her nap time) and she loved watching all the older children playing and she was smiling loads. :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->