December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Not a fun way to wake up!! The wasps are active around here again too, so that is good info. 145am??! that's horrible. I've had sleeping trouble, but nothing as traumatic as that.

Are you having trouble sleeping in general? Whenever I wake up in the night, I have an anxious stomach. Like Santa is coming, or I have a term paper due that day :dohh:

Also, has anyone found that bad/rainy weather makes your morning sickness worse? I've found this to be true... as if a day without sun isn't hard enough!

No I'm sleeping fine otherwise for the most part. I sometimes find that I can't get back to sleep for a while when I wake in the middle of the night, but that even seems to be subsiding. I think that was just stress. No weather related sickness either. I want to sleep on rainy days, but that's not really pregnancy...that's just me wanting to take advantage of a rainy day, lol.

hey ladies! I haven't been on in the last few days as I have been way to toired to do anything after work! lol

Scan on Thurs- then I can finally relax!

Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow!!!

Welcome, Gaea! I've added you to our Due Date list on page 1 :)

Hope all you mommas had a wonderful mothers day!

It's nice to see some people posting on here again!

The ultrasound thing is where I consider myself lucky I'm in China (pretty much the only benefit about being pregnant here though!) because although I do have to pay for them all, they're only around $20USD. I had one at 8 weeks, will have another on May 30th at 13 weeks, and then one more at 18 weeks (right before I fly home to Canada). Then, my midwife in Canada has already scheduled one for me at 19.5 weeks to try to find out if it's a boy or girl!!

One of my friends (in Canada) said that her doctor sent her for 2 the whole pregnancy. I think that's pretty normal, but I would go mental! I'm currently waiting for my home doppler to arrive, so I can hear baby's heartbeat whenever I get a little worried something isn't right!

Tmb, where in Canada are you? I was worried about being waitlisted for a midwife too, but luckily they had an opening for my EDD. I hope you get the call soon!!

I am in Manitoba. Apparently there are only like 35 midwives in the entire province so about 75% of patients are declined :( I am still waiting for a call. If I don't here anything by friday I am going to book with an OB just so that I get to see someone as I will be 10 weeks by then. Hoping it all works out!

holy smokes! only 35 for the entire province? thats awful!

holy smokes! only 35 for the entire province? thats awful!

I lied, I Googled it - there are 45! lol......sad isn't it?! I really want to go the midwife route with this one as it will be my last....I'm so hoping they accept me!

My appt went well. My bw was all fine. She couldn't find the hb on the Doppler. I had to go home cause I split my skirt in the bathroom...too much ass I guess, lol. And my skirt was not too small, its actually a size bigger from when I was still losing weight. I think I just squatted at the wrong angle or something. Anyway, I checked the Doppler at home while I was changing and I found my eggy just fine...hb around 160. Now to just wait until Saturday for the u/s.

My appt went well. My bw was all fine. She couldn't find the hb on the Doppler. I had to go home cause I split my skirt in the bathroom...too much ass I guess, lol. And my skirt was not too small, its actually a size bigger from when I was still losing weight. I think I just squatted at the wrong angle or something. Anyway, I checked the Doppler at home while I was changing and I found my eggy just fine...hb around 160. Now to just wait until Saturday for the u/s.

Eeek, exciting!!!
I can't wait for my doppler to arrive!

no doubt - Glad the appointment went well and that you easily found the HB on your doppler :) Sorry, I had a little giggle about the skirt - what a crappy deal!

I haven't updated in a while, I was in denial for a while saying I was doing OK, but yeah, I'm not! I have been a total mess and DH deserves a medal, or sex :)nope:) for hanging on to me for this long!
No puking but bad evening nausea, dizziness, migraines and just plain laying there and saying "I want to die". I'm trying to convince myself that feeling this crappy is a good sign. I know it means nothing but hey, positive thinking!
I had (another) reassurance scan Friday, my little bub is growing! On my phone it is the exact size, 1:1, and it's awesome to see it.
I can't believe there's an itty bitty human in there!
I'm a bit worried because I feel like my bloat, well, deflated, but I know that right now, these things probably mean nothing. I am so ready for second tri!
OMG, and I am craving a good Mac & Cheese!!!

Sorry you feel so sick. Hope it eases for you as you move into second tri.

Awe, sorry nina! I feel ya on the evening sickness. It hits me real good in the mid afternoon and lingers until I go to bed. I've upped my vitB in hopes for some relief. It should ease up for you as you hit the second trimester. Your energy level should come back up as well :) Hang in there!

Sorry for this but I have to ask.....is anyone else having bowel issues? TMI, I feel like I gotta go but can't! It's been like 5 days now :(

Nina, I had evening sickness, too. I then decided that the prenatal vitamins were causing it, so I began taking them literally one minute before putting myself to bed. It has helped a lot.

TMB, my BMs were sticky, but after my ultrasound last week, I made it a point to keep a straw in my water, which makes me chug it. I was FIXED by the next morning! I have been drinking many super-sized to-go cups a day. nice and solid.

Nina, get some mac n cheese! You've actually decided my dinner for me now.

ladies, what is your funniest/guiltiest/weirdest craving so far?

I had to stop at McDonald's for 2 plain cheeseburgers one day. I hadn't had McDonald's in YEARS :haha:

Tmb, constipation is actually normal during pregnancy, especially in first tri. It's because of the shift and rise in hormones. I dealt with it with my son and am dealing with it now, but if I eat like 6 prunes a day it will clean me out an keep my going. Sometimes I would like you and sometimes I would actually go, but tmi...it would be little balls (a sign of constipation). It took me some getting used to the prunes, but I'm fine with them now. There's always prune juice which you can obviously just chug down real fast. The other option is plums or plum juice. Water can help, but it didn't work so much for me. I drink tons of water and I still ended up constipated.

My weirdest craving...I don't think I've had weird cravings, but I did read an article about a yummy snack of a pickle spear smeared with cream cheese wrapped in a ham slice and that sounded fantastic to me!

Hi ladies! Haven't posted for a few days, so I'm playing catch up on all the news :D

Bug - Your scan is so soon! Let us know how it goes!!
Tmb - Only 45 MWs?! Ouch!
Ebony - Awesome that you found the HB at home! Not so awesome about the skirt :) And Nina, you will LOVE the doppler. When is yours coming in? I posted about my first doppler experience here, if anyone wants to read:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/2174853-heard-hb-today-first-time.html

About the cravings....oh man, I crave EVERYTHING at one time or another, but also have pretty strong aversions. Which means I'm really picky and specific about what I want to eat. Poor DH!! Being in China has been rotten for this though...all the things I take for granted back in Canada aren't available to me. I've been craving vanilla Greek yogurt with berries for weeks, and I told DH that we might need to fly to Hong Kong or Singapore on a weekend because I want a Subway sandwich so bad (I'm not kidding...I'm looking at flights!) I think I'm going to balloon out once I get back to Canada in July, just because of all the food choices that will be in front of me!

Okay, and a quick rant. I know all of my stories and complaints are pretty specific to being in China. But sometimes it totally sucks! Today, when we got into the tiny elevator at our apartment, these 2 men were already in it and were smoking. Even though there's a sign that says not to, people just ignore it. DH was pissed off about it, and we tried to tell the men in Chinese to put it out because I was pregnant, and they just laughed at us and continued smoking. I know that such a small amount of exposure won't be a huge deal, but it's just so rude. Honestly, we get treated very poorly here on a daily basis because of an intolerance/ignorance for other cultures, and when my pregnancy emotions are running high, I want to bawl my eyes out :( I can't wait to get back home...I just feel like my stress level will subside so much, and that will improve things for DH and I, and also the baby. Sorry, rant done :)

Stupid internet connection didn't upload my US!
DH and I were wondering- Is that black dot the eye and ear? Or just a random dot located in that exact spot? How cool if it is!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=763181&d=1399641791
Thanks guys, yesterday was a good day, which of course got me worrying LOL! I also didn't wake up during the night to pee, but I'm guessing that was because I was dead tired. DH came to bed after me and said I didn't even move or say anything to him, which is not like me!

I haven't taken vitamins in a while :/ I just can't chug them down in the evening. But I guess 4 days out of the week I do, which is better than nothing.

TMB, I'm not constipated, but until last week had the other problem. Just drink a lot, prunes help, like mentioned above, and prune juice surprisingly isn't all that bad! Just be sure to drink it cold ;)

Randa, That is so exciting! It must be such a relief! When I get mine I'm going to be asking you a lot of questions!
I got the Sonoline B, it says that it was processed through USPS on the 7th, so I'm hoping I'll get it this week or next week! Really hoping I get the mail slip today though so I can pick it up Friday!
I think it's disgusting when people smoke in closed places. And rude. Is it even legal there? Pregnant or not, it's rude and inconsiderate. If someone asks to stop or move- they should, why should anyone else have to suffer?
It reminds me of a "smoke room" we saw in an airport, disgusting, tiny glass room filled with smoke. I'm not even sure the people smoking in there enjoyed it!
The lovely Canadian land is just waiting for you!
And yum. Now I want a subway!

TexAnn-I feel like such a pig (cow icon because there's no pig!) :mamafy:
Every time someone says I ate, or I want I'm like, omg, must eat that now!!!
Mac and Cheese last night- ew. We only have crappy wacky mac, which doesn't even turn the lovely neony orange when the cheese powder is added. What good is that?! :winkwink: I need to get my hands on some Kraft macaroni!
So yeah, no weird cravings, just want to eat what everyone else is eating!

Sorry I'm such a chatter box. I've talked to much for now so I'll be back later with a rant :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->