December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Randa, 7 hours? SEVEN HOURS?!
And geez, I wish I had a lunch break, not asking for 2.5 hours, just not in front of my desk.
I would have totally lost it, you're much better than I am LOL!
That's wonderful news though that everything is right on time with LO! Did you get a picture or get to see anything at all?
What's your next appointment- with a private doctor or there as well?

May I ask what you are doing in China?

Yeah, the 4 hour trip, plus 7 hour visit would have driven me insane! I don't have any patience at all, lol. I wish I had a 2.5 hour lunch too...at my desk, so I could take a nap, lol. I wouldn't be so tired otherwise.

Randa - What an ordeal! At least all seems to find fine with your little one :) I hope your next appointment is better for you. How much longer are you there for? I thought I read somewhere you would be heading home around the 20 week mark?

7 weeks today :) It looks like I may have found a loop hole in getting in with a midwife. I should now in a week or two if I'm accepted. FX! I did however book an appointment with an OB as back up but hoping I'll be able to cancel :)

Tmb: That's great about the possibility of a midwife after all! You're right, I'm here until 19 weeks. I cant wait to go home. Usually around this time of year, I get antsy for our annual visit to Canada, but knowing that we are going home for good and that we are going to have a baby is making me extra anxious to get back!

Nina and Ebony - trust me, I'm not very patient either, but Ive slowly learned that there is no changing the way things are done in China. And if I complain, it usually slows down the process even more :) another reason why being at home will make things so much better. Oh, and the driving...just when we thought our crazy day was almost over, we got the most insane taxi driver back to the train station. He was driving so fast and weaving in and out of traffic. We're used to aggressive taxi drivers here, but I had never seen anything like it in all my years of travelling...I felt like we were in a racing game. And I was looking frantically for a seatbelt, but they were broken. DH spent the whole ride holding me in case we got into an accident, which we nearly did about a dozen times! Anyway...besides the news about the baby being okay, the other good thing that resulted from such a long and crazy day is that I slept amazingly last night for the first time in weeks :)

Nina: DH and I are both teachers at a Canadian International school. About the ultrasound, they gave me a photocopied sheet of paper all written in Chinese with my results, and at the bottom, there are 2 tiny ultrasound pics, but nothing as good as what I would have got back home :( But I do think I'll use all the stuff from China to make a scrapbook or something (along with the stuff from Canada during the second half of the pregnancy) because it's kind of a neat adventure that baby started out somewhere so far from home :)

Well, they want me back for 2 more appointments before I fly home...not sure though. I might try to bring it down to only 1 appointment if possible. The days I go there are considered sick days for me, but they count towards DH's personal days, and he only has one more left for this year...which means I'd have to brave the situation without him one of the times, and I'm not sure I want to (and he says he really doesn't want me to have to go by myself).

Haha, longest post ever! Thanks for your comments and support ladies. Being away from home and keeping this a secret isn't always fun, so I really appreciate being able to chat to you on here about things :flower:

holy smokes Randa- what an ordeal! Where in Canada is home?

Tmb, glad to hear about the midwife. Fxd that all works out for you!

Randa, I think the scrapbook is wonderful idea and it will be something nice for him/her to look back on when they're older. I journal to my son. I started when we were ttc, so there's about 6-8 months of journaling pre-pregnancy, but I plan on giving it to him when he's older and can appreciate it. I want to journal to this one too, just haven't started yet, but I also kind of want to do something different. Maybe I'll do a scrapbook instead. I don't know...

I thought I might be going Cray yesterday cause I whipped out my Doppler to try to find my baby's heartbeat. Don't you know I actually found it, just before I was about to give up! Like I said...thought I might be going crazy, but I tried again today so hubbs could hear it and I found it again! My mom is wondering if I'm further along seeing how I can hear it. I don't think so, but who knows. I'm just excited I heard it!

Ebony, that's so great about the Doppler being a success so early!! I'm considering getting one, but not sure if I should.

Bug, I'm from Ontario. Near Toronto :)

Well if you do, don't get it from a drug store, those things can run you around $300 if you do. I ordered mine from fetaldoppler.net and think it was $54, and came with a small tube of gel.

Actually, one of the few perks of being in China is that nearly everything is made here and can be found for dirt cheap. I found an Angel Sounds doppler on the website I use to buy basically everything, and it works out to around $16 Canadian dollars. I just always try to be careful that I'm not buying counterfeit stuff...especially when it comes to the baby. But the doppler has great reviews from other buyers, so I might go ahead and get it!

Hi - Would love to be added to the list. EDD December 11 :)

Well, after a few weeks straight of nausea and those almost puky hiccups, it finally happened. Hoping it's not a trend. And boy, do I feel for the ladies who vomit a lot/have HG!

TMI, but it hit me so suddenly...and as I was peeing! I had a moment of panic trying to figure out if I should be sitting on the toilet or leaning over it :haha:

Oh, and the dry heaves at first...I sounded like an angry dinosaur! Hope I don't do it suddenly at work because I'll scare my kindy students!!!

Hope you're all feeling better than I am at the moment. I'm off to bed...at 8:55pm!

Randa - I've been taking a vitamin B6 + B12 with folate since we were ttc and I seem to be avoiding the up-chucking this time around. At first i thought I was just lucky this time around but then I saw online that doctors will recommend B6 to help aid with ms. Give it a try....there are a ton of positive reviews online!

Randa, lol about which end to hang over the toilet and sounding like an angry dinosaur. Poor thing. 8:55 is nothing. I'm asleep on the chaise everyday by 8, lol. When I preggo with ds it was around 6:30, lol.

Thanks, ladies! Tmb, I actually already am taking a B complex vitamin since TTC. I believe it is helping though, and would hate to imagine how I would be without it!

Argh Randapanda - I am with you on the chucking up I thought I was avoiding it but apparently this morning mid conversation with my daughter it wanted out. I am really hoping it's not a trend I had Hg with my first and dont want that back again!

We also have the builders at our house for the next two weeks so we have to be out the house all day everyday to avoid them it's a nightmare!

I'm sorry you're sick too. Really hope it doesn't turn into HG. And really not ideal having to be out of the house all the time, especially when your tummy is so unpredictable! I was so nauseous at work today that I had to go home and crawl into bed. Then, same time as yesterday the vomiting began :( now I have a birthday dinner to go to. It might be the only time dining out where I hope I AM seated near the washrooms, in case I need to make a run for it!

Oh no ladies....hope the sickness doesn't last too long for you. I've just been feeling pretty nauseous but haven't actually gotten sick yet...

Ladies, I am afraid that I am saying goodbye to you all :( - wishing you all a happy and healthy 9 months and hope to see you again soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->