December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Okay ladies, I have updated our list to only those of us who have posted since May 1st. It has shrunk dramatically...which to me is perfect! It's always nicer to have a few regular posters instead of a bunch of sparatic ones.....lets us all get to know each other on bit more of a personal level :)

vicky - I noticed you were not on our list so I added you...I do not have a due date for you. Let me know your due date and whether gender will be found out or left a surprise and I will update that info on page one :)

Hope everyone is well today?! I am excited for my 1st appointment tomorrow :) I am going with my sister in law (who is 16/17 weeks pregnant) since DH has to work. I'll update after my appointment.

Edd from LMP is 17 December. Would like to find out purely as I have a daughter so if it's a boy I need new things. Dd didn't want us to know so if we end up team yellow so be it.

vicky - Updated :) I am tempted to find out as this is my fourth (and final) and I'd like to get rid of some of my stuff!

Nina - No ultrasound for me :( I heard that in Manitoba they only give you a 20 week one unless you have issues. Have fun at the wedding!

Tmb- only one US?! The whole pregnancy?
What about a later one- to determine the weight and position of the baby?

Yeah, I thought there was at least two...the gender scan and then later one to get estimates and position. Though I know when I went into labor they had like a little hand held, looked similar to a Doppler only it had a screen to see the baby and they were able to see my son was still head down. They have so much different technology now, it's all so amazing. My mom was amazed they didn't do u/s in the office anymore and that I had a Doppler of my own. Some offices do u/s in the office, but mime doesn't.

That's odd, then right until the end they don't know what position the baby is in?
What about an anomaly scan? Or would that be along with the gender scan?
I'm very surprised, here we have a bunch of scans, dating at 7ish weeks, NT, early and late anomaly, and then the weight and position around the end.

I did have the weight and position one around 34 weeks I think. I know I had the the gender one around 20 weeks. And the NT is optional, but I had that one too. If I would have done that one it would have only been the two. Unless there is an issue or you've add assistance in conception, they really don't do much else.

Hey ladies :)

Appointment went good. I really like my midwife! We tried for baby's hb but didn't get to hear it. The Doppler would pick it up but then it would disappear just as quick. Should be easily heard by next appointment. They did bloods and explained how everything works. Looks like I will get 2 ultrasounds.....she's willing to book them! If I went with an OB I'd just get one. Also very happy as I can deliver at the birth centre :)

Glad everything went well and you'll get 2 u/s. I would like to deliver at the mkdwife center, but I'm afraid as I've had a section before.

Appointment went good. I really like my midwife! We tried for baby's hb but didn't get to hear it. The Doppler would pick it up but then it would disappear just as quick. Should be easily heard by next appointment. They did bloods and explained how everything works. Looks like I will get 2 ultrasounds.....she's willing to book them! If I went with an OB I'd just get one. Also very happy as I can deliver at the birth centre :)

Good to hear it went well! And hooray for 2 ultrasounds!!

Nothing new with me really...lol, except my bloat has returned after a few weeks of it being non-existent, and it's SO bad...I look huge from the moment I wake up. I do have a tiny bump, but it gets overshadowed when my entire stomach bloats out!!

I'm so glad everything went well!
I've heard that sometimes babies try to get away from those Doppler sounds, soon you'll be able to hear it better though!
When's your next appointment? And your first scan?
Exciting!!!

Nothing new with me really...lol, except my bloat has returned after a few weeks of it being non-existent, and it's SO bad...I look huge from the moment I wake up. I do have a tiny bump, but it gets overshadowed when my entire stomach bloats out!!

Maybe your bloat is a bump?
I am so jealous lately of bumps, I am pretty flat still :( Except for my bloat, which is definitely just a bloat!
When are you going back to Canada? In July?

Around my panty line it is a bit harder, and seems a bit more "out", but when I suck my tummy in it all goes in, so I guess it's just fat LOL.
My boobs are a whole different story. Nothing major, but DH is happy with the change :haha:

Ya, I'm having a hard time telling what's going on with the bloat/bump issue! I am surprised at how "fleshy" I am around the tummy now though. I was in pretty good shape before my BFP and actually had some noticeable abs...but those are gone now. I know my body is going to store some fat for the baby, but I keep wondering if my cravings are making me a bit too soft or something.

Yep, back to Canada in July. I'm actually really homesick right now...yesterday, the combination of my pregnancy emotions and heightened sense of smell got the better of me. I was at work, and suddenly smelled something that made me so nostalgic for home that I burst into tears! It was weird...and I'm glad my students weren't around!

Oh, and I forgot to tell you ladies that I had my first encounter with a person who just randomly grabbed my tummy when they saw me. Not sure how I feel about it. It was a male acquaintance of DH, and the 2 of them were having a beer together at a restaurant last weekend, and my friends and I met up with them after our dinner together. I guess my husband had just told him before I got there, and he just reached out, cupped my stomach, and was like, "Congratulations! I heard the good news." All while keeping his hand there. I wasn't annoyed or anything, but I think I looked a little surprised :haha: How do you guys feel about people (those you know or barely do) touching your tummy?

Nina, I think you're right about babies wiggling away from the doppler, because that's what mine does. Sometimes it makes me worried that it's unpleasant (or harmful as some people think) for him/her. Since we don't really know, DH and I have designated "Doppler Wednesdays" so we only check for the HB once a week (unless I have a freak out moment!)

Randa, that is so odd! I hate it when people I know touch me, let alone strangers! I am not the woman who's bump you want to touch!
Only family, and that's a big maybe (Mom and MIL for sure, no problem there, although I'm pretty sure I wiggle a bit when MIL and I hug/kiss, hello and goodbye, nothing more;) )

I have heard that sometimes that's the reason it's harder to find a baby also on US. I've heard some strange stuff lately about US/Doppler. The latest one was that it causes AHDH. I hate how they blame everything on that. Is that just here or everywhere? I think they just like to hand out Retalin like they're tic-tacs.
In all honesty I put a lot of blame on our technology today. Too much game playing on smartphones, not enough letting energy out outside. I remember when we used to play hopscotch, skip rope, where'd those days go?!

You'll be home soon! You must be so excited! I totally get how some things, even the small things remind you of home. I think the emotions are the toughest towards the end because you're just SO close!

I also got my Doppler! Well, it's not in my hands, but still at the PO! I got the slip yesterday and will pick it up Friday, maybe tomorrow though, I might give it a try.
I've got to say, I'm feeling nervous. My nausea is pretty much all gone, like I said, no bump, I can't really say I've got frequent urination. I'm scared for the scan.
I keep trying to tell myself that I just had bad luck previously, and this is different.

I haven't heard anything bad about dopplers unless it from what other ladies on these threads have heard...nothing personally myself though.

Nina, don't worry...now is actually the time that all of the icky first tri preggo symptoms start to fade, and some women don't have a bump until much later...like 5-7 months. And this is your first right?

I have to say Randa, I would have punched him. I don't like people touching me either. I know some of my very close friends will and of course family, but no one else. And the family is extremely limited...pretty much to my mom, hubbs and son.

I have some flab...never been a small thing. I was 180 when I got preggo. But I definitely have a little bump forming, I can feel it there...and so do my clothes, lol.

5-7 months, ack!
My sister was huge with her first (and second and the rest of them :wink:) and I definitely don't want to be that big!
DH keeps joking that he doesn't want to tell his sisters until I'm ready to pop! We'll be telling them soon :)
This is my first, and it's always good to hear that "disappearing" symptoms are normal around this time!
I hope you all feel better soon, more energetic, whether you've got sickness or not :hugs:

People like to say stuff all the time, there are so many studies that say this, and then studies that say that. My clinic has a medical forum, and there's a nurse who always says that US can cause disorders and promote MC. What a stupid thing to say to a bunch of scared pregnant women!
I say my mental health is pretty important too.
Calm and happy Mom, healthy baby!

What a talkative bunch today :)

Nina - Don't worry about the disappearing symptoms....embrace them from now until the third trimester! I had a bit of a freak out the other day because I have been feeling much better lately as well. I have a few internet cheapie pregnancy test left and I actually took one just to be sure it still showed positive! lol My DH laughed at me :) hehe. As for the bump...I am slender and didn't show with my first until about 16 weeks (little bump) and more noticeably at 20 weeks. With each pregnancy afterwards I showed earlier....It's like I saw a positive test and all my muscles just went lax and my belly popped out! With this one I am flat when I lay on my back but while standing there is a questionable bump!

Randa - Have you told any of the family back in Canada yet? If not, I'd imagine you to be one emotional mess when it comes to thinking of returning home. July will be here before you know it! That sucks that you've bloated back up recently. I had a crumby week where I couldn't go #2 and I felt so bloated and huge (thankfully that issue is gone!). As for belly touching...I don't mind it but I hate it when people don't ask permission first. And at this stage its just weird as baby is not even really in the belly yet! I feel it is more acceptable when you are big and baby is moving. Baby moving inside is the most amazing feeling and I don't mind sharing that with people :)

Nodoubt - I see in your status that your little man is turning one soon!? Any big plans for that 1st birthday party?

Oh, I don't shut up! I'm just trying to keep on the quiet side for now so you guys don't think I'm too much of a chatterbox! :haha:

Oh, I don't shut up! I'm just trying to keep on the quiet side for now so you guys don't think I'm too much of a chatterbox! :haha:

I love all the chatter...It gets so boring to log on and not see any new posts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->