December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Bmama - I added you to our due date list on page one :) Welcome! How have you been feeling? Will you be finding out what baby is?

How is everyone today?

The weather here (in Manitoba, Canada) is hot! Glad I am not huge yet!

I'm dreading being huge and hot this summer! I was preggo mostly winter with ds, but at least when I'm extremely huge it will be going back into late fall early winter here.

Bmama - I added you to our due date list on page one :) Welcome! How have you been feeling? Will you be finding out what baby is?

How is everyone today?

The weather here (in Manitoba, Canada) is hot! Glad I am not huge yet!

Thank you Tmb0047! :flower: TBH I was feeling pretty good up until a few weeks ago, when the all day nausea and food aversions hit me like a semi truck. Now I've been having what feels like round ligament pains, back pains, and indigestion, and I am so bloated it looks like I am 4 months along! I think chasing my 9 month old around helps take my mind off of the little aches and pains though. How are you feeling?

I'm in North Dakota, and it is also very hot here right now! I usually love warm weather but not so much when huge and pregnant. We are going to invest in one of those little pools that you blow up and I can cool off in this summer.

I know a few ladies who have done that while preggo and I'm actually gonna do the same. With the terrible winter we had people are saying the summer is gonna be a scorcher and I'm already scared. I have a feeling people are gonna see me walking around with those little fans attached to me here, there and everywhere walking down the street, lol.

Hi Guys,
I'm back from my vacation through work, had an awesome time! I have followed everyone here, just not answered because of crappy internet connection.
I'll be more active now :)

I had a bit of a spotting episode while I was away, totally freaked out. The lady at the spa totally outed me in front of some of our store managers, especially after I had asked her to be discreet. Geez. I walked out of the rom exactly as she was saying as loud as she could "because she's pregnant". I just gave her a sneer and walked past the two managers who just stared at me. I doubt they'll say anything to anyone, but still. Keep your trap shut lady.
I also found the HB on the Doppler! It took me so long, but I found it smack in the middle of my tummy. I keep getting my HB which is totally annoying. I called DH over and it was pretty exciting. Afterwards he said, OK, put it away, you're interrupting her sleep! It was so cute :) I tried to find it yesterday again, but no luck. I only tried for about 5 minutes though, I'm kind of afraid to try too long.
We have names picked out, our favorites. We're into biblical names, I can't wait to see what comes out and what we'll call the little bub.
I'm definitely feeling more positive, but I do still have my fears.
Tummy is still flat, but my bloat is annoying. It hurts to sleep near my side even, I can't wait until I get a little bump.
My nausea is back. Yesterday I had it all day. I'm just trying to tell myself it means all is well and the cause is so totally worth it!
Next scan is in 2.5 weeks. So excited!!!

Bmama, welcome :)
Sorry the heat is getting to you. We don't have room for a little pool (except a baby one, which doesn't count!) so I just crank up the AC!
We had a heat wave the past days and today it's back to normal, but tomorrow another heat wave is on it's way!
I'm glad I'm not going to be huge in the summer, I really suffer in heat!

Nodoubt, that's really funny, I image you walking around with one of those hats that has a fan attached to it!
How is the weather going to be this weekend? I hope cool enough for your birthday plans!

Its been rainy here so hopefully it will be all sunshine on Sunday, fxd! Glad you were able to find the hb...they are usually in the same place, but some babies do move around a bit. We are into biblical names as well. The girl name isn't exactly biblical per say, but the translation touches on it. Still deciding a boy name though. Last time I wasn't crazy about the name Gideon...hubbs was. But more and more its growing on me. I just see my son all grown up and really wearing his name if you know what I mean and I like it. For that don't know Gideon mean warrior. I really need to to back and check the names we have looked at...haven't done that in so long and we looked at so many I may confuse the meanings, lol. But I'm pretty sure about this one, lol.

I don't know if it means warrior, but I just looked it up, and he was a judge and a warrior, so a pretty great man :)
That is a nice name, in Hebrew the nickname is Gidi, which I like!
The girls name we like was a pretty awesome woman, and also means joy and happiness, which I love. DH's grandma's name meant joy, and that would be a wonderful way to honor her.
Actually, all the names we like were people close to King David!
My Grandmothers name is Lily, she's still alive, and I would love to give our daughter a second name Shoshanna. Not that I'm in love with that name, but it would mean the world to me if her middle name would be connected to my baba.

Thanks Nina :) With my first, I remember having days where I doubted whether I was pregnant or not, and the only thing that would calm me down was hearing baby's heartbeat. Then once you can feel bubs move, it helps calm some of the anxiety because you have some kind of 'proof' that baby is growing and healthy. Hopefully your nausea passes for you when you get out of the first trimester, but at least it's a good sign that baby is healthy!

I'm in love with biblical names as well. We names our son Gregory, and have a few picked out for this little one, but none that I am particularly drawn to so the name hunt will continue!

So my OH wants to find out the gender, and I am still on the fence, so I was wondering, how many of you girls are team yellow? We found out with our first and I think it would be fun to have it a surprise this time, but if it's a girl I will have nothing for her to wear!

We talked about that before, and most here are team yellow!
DH is positive it's a girl, he always refers to bub as "she". "she's so small" "she looks like me" (yes, he said that about a 12 week scan lol! what can I say, they guys excited!)
I don't know, we bet though :wink:
Seriously, the gender is the last (one of the last!) things on my mind right now! Might think differently later on though!

I am waiting to feel movement, even though I've got quite a while yet. My sister said that's the fun part. I'm sure it will be reassuring!

Hubbs wants to find out too and I don't. It was the same with our first and only because the scan was after his b'day I said he could. Unfortunately I found out too cause the tech typed boy (only three letters instead of four for girl). But this time I said neither of us are finding out and if will be a surprise for us both. I'm only getting neutral long sleeve onesies as this one will be a enter baby, and a take hone outfit for a boy and a girl. If this is a girl we'll buy later as we won't have anything either.

I feel flutters. They are becoming more frequent, but no hard kicks or jabs yet.

Yay for Team Yellow!

NoDoubt I have been feeling flutters too! It's almost like a muscle is twitching in my uterus, that's the best way I can describe it lol.

Oh that is so exciting you guys!!!
Last night I lay awake trying to see if I felt anything, anything at all.
I think I was too preoccupied with thinking about other things though ;)

Plus this is your first hun...it's easier to feel with subsequent pregnancies they say. Also your placental positioning had something to so with it. If your placenta is where baby kicks or punches, you won't feel anything just yet.

Hi ladies! And a very belated welcome from me, bmama! I've been MIA, so need to go back and thoroughly read everyone's posts for the past week or so. Nina, glad you found the HB - what a great sound, right? Ebony, I love the name Gideon! As far as being team yellow, I'm in the minority on our thread as I'm planning to find out as soon as I get back to Canada at 19 weeks (if baby's positioning cooperates!) I'm just too type A to not find out, but I wish I had the willpower to wait and be surprised like most of the other ladies here :) With just moving home in July, we will have a lot of unknowns....jobs, finding a home, etc. so finding out the sex of the baby will help me to get a bit more organized.

Ugh, the weather...where I am, it's 30-40 degrees C every day until December and super humid...so glad I'm getting outta here before I'm big! It's the first time I'm craving the cold of a Canadian winter!

ATM, it's 4:30am and I'm awake in our hotel room trying not to be sick (MS returned with a vengeance a couple days ago...) We're up in the north of our island because I have an early morning appointment at the hospital for a 13 week scan/NT, etc. fingers x'd everything is good with LO!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome Rhonda! :flower: Keep us posted on your scan and enjoy seeing little bubs!

Randa! I've been thinking about you lately!
Hope you feel better soon, my nausea has definitely gotten better since I hit 12 weeks. Hoping 13 weeks brings you more energy!
How exciting for your scan today! I hope your visit there is shorter than your previous one, and you get some more information.
Let us know how it went!

I can understand you wanting to know the gender to help you feel more organized, you will have a lot on your hands come July! And of course it's fine just wanting to know too :)
Second pregnancy I wanted to know ASAP so I could bond better if anything happened, so I would know what I was supposed to have, give it a proper name and recognize it. Obviously that didn't happen, but now I realize that it doesn't really matter. I'm bonding anyway. I'm still thinking about finding out just so I have that reassurance, not quite sure how to explain. But also me not finding out kind of keeps me positive, thinking I will make it to the end!
Either way, we'll all love our little ones, I have a feeling we'll find out by accident on scan anyways, I am pretty sure it's a boy!

Hey all - I have also been Mia for a while. I have been feeling really dizzy and tired so free time that would normally be used to come on here has been spent sleeping!

As for finding out the gender we definitely will be - I have promised my daughter she can come with us to find out what it is and she is unbelievably excited!!!

Hope your all ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->