December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Hello ladies! I was surprised to see this thread pop up in my account but even more surprised to see my name in discussion :) Yes, I got my BFP yesterday! I am excited but also very nervous and scared. I didnt wait a cycle in between so I've gone straight from mmc to expecting! Anyway, I had an appointment booked for today anyway (for provera if AF hadn't arrived 6 weeks post mmc) but now I imagine we'll be doing hcg bloods. I'll keep you all posted....and if you don't mind I may post in here as well :)

Randa - So happy you are back in the country and able to share your news! I'll be watching for your update today :) I'm guessing team blue!

No doubt - Glad to hear you had fun on holidays! Good job on remaining team yellow :) And how the heck have you managed not to gain weight since 10 weeks?!

Nina - Thank you for checking up on me! I really missed being in here with you ladies :) I saw the other December board, and yes, it is very fast paced! I prefer a smaller group! There's a March one up (I'll be due March 23) and it's crazy busy as well. I might try to find just a couple March ladies to hang out with me :)

Texan - Thanks for posting and livening the board up. It does look like all the losses kind of brought things down a bit....seems to be a pattern in the first trimester boards...so sad to read everyone's pain.

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Can't help but smile, good to be back in touch with everyone! Glad all is well with you guys.

Nina & NoDoubt, I have creaky hips, sore ribs, and Charlie horse cramps in my foot, but I will take this over nausea. U were right, it disappeared at 15 weeks. I know what u mean about the pop explosion thing, and after weighing in, I am surprised there isnt a change!! When is the next big boom? Gotta ask the experienced momma.

Randa, I am with everyone else - boy! Congrats on the place and getting home. So cool to tell you fam finally!

Tmb, I had a feeling you'd give us good news so soon. Keep us posted

I have my scan this week, and while I don't officially want to be told what the gender is, I will be on the lookout for obvious signs hehe.

TMB...yay for the BFP! Thanks for coming back to share and yes please stay! I don't know how I haven't gained any weight, especially with our recent vacation. I tried to eat the entire south, lol, miss the food down there.

I think with my son I had a big boom around 21 weeks, so maybe it just happened earlier for me this time. I think last time it was right around going into 3rd tri when the next one happend, or a little after. The baby is growing so fast at this point, it's a big boom every week it feels like almost. I wake up and look at my belly in the mirror and tell my hubbs "this is out of control". Yes, I wake him to tell him this and he just says "you're pregnant"...then rolls over and goes back to sleep. You should see us when we shower together and we're trying to maneuver around each other...or he's trying to maneuver around "us", lol. I'm just busy trying not to fall over and he's trying slide around all of ...this! Lol!

Tex, glad you are feeling better! The achy and sore and all that sounds about right. My boobs have recently become very tender and my lady bits get achy and tender after sitting. I told hubbs that it feels like someone punched me right in between the legs. Didn't have that with my son, but each pregnancy is different so who knows. As far as the hips, try a maternity pillow or sleeping with a pillow between your knees. Things are getting thrown out of alignment pretty quickly now and it will help support it all. More potassium for the cramps...bananas are a good source if you can stand them. And as far as the sore ribs, you're just gonna have to deal. Everything is getting pushed up and your rib cage is trying to accommodate. When you can stretch, but I'll be honest, it doesn't help much. My tech told me at the u/s that baby's foot was up under my rib already, so that could also be the case with you. Hope that all helps.

Dying to know who's blue or pink!

Oh yeah...forgot to say there is a bump pic and u/s pic in my journal from last week. Link is in the siggy!

Saw the pix, awesome!! I love that u can almost see what it'll look like after birth. And I think we might be about the same size

Well, we're having a....BOY! Good guessing, ladies :) I also had a strong feeling I was team blue, but DH thought we would have a girl...I should have bet him some housework or something :haha:
I'm over the moon about our little boy, and DH is so thrilled and was tearing up when she told us. I went around doing errands all afternoon grinning like a fool...I'm sure people thought I was crazy, but I didn't care :happydance:

Had a really special moment yesterday! Baby is big enough to now be felt from the outside, so when s/he was moving I placed Virtue's hand on my belly and said baby. It touched my heart to see my son feeling his little sibling move in my belly, and he is the first person, other than me, to feel that! He didn't really pay any mind to it as he rolled over to played with my flip flop and kept saying mama (still haven't quite gotten the baby thing down yet, lol), but it's the memory and the thought of it.

21 weeks yesterday and still sitting at a 14lb weight gain. I can't believe I've managed to maintain my weight for this long, but hoping I can stay here for another 2 weeks. With Virtue I had gained 16lbs by week 23, so I'm still on track with this pregnancy.

Here is my bump pic from yesterday!

No Doubt, that's so cute!
And your bump looks perfect!

Well, we're having a....BOY! Good guessing, ladies :) I also had a strong feeling I was team blue, but DH thought we would have a girl...I should have bet him some housework or something :haha:
I'm over the moon about our little boy, and DH is so thrilled and was tearing up when she told us. I went around doing errands all afternoon grinning like a fool...I'm sure people thought I was crazy, but I didn't care :happydance:

How did I miss this?!
A little boy :) Congratulations!

Thanks, Nina. We are SO excited! If I'm being honest, I always pictured myself having a little girl, so I wasn't sure how I would react if we found out we were having a boy. But wow, I was and am absolutely thrilled!!

No doubt, that is adorable and so special! I just started consistently feeling our little guy last week, but this morning, he was going crazy in there, so I put DHs hand on my tummy, and he got to feel the baby kick for the first time....what a great way to say good morning :)

Oh, I wanted to ask...do any of you have any must-have items for baby that you have heard are amazing or that you used for your other LOs if you have them? I'm just starting to do a bit of shopping now. I am fairly certain we wouldn't have to buy anything ourselves because my family is so excited and into this baby! But I actually want to buy a lot of the things gently used because there are so many moms out there who only used something for a short time and are selling it at half price!

Hubbs got to feel last night when he got home.

I bought the travel system and the bedroom set myself for safety reasons. I didn't want to put that on a registry and have someone buy cheaper items that didn't have as good of safety ratings. They're expensive and people tend to skimp on those sometimes.

I also bought the snuza for my son and will use it with this baby. Its a little clip type device that clips to the diaper and monitors their movement. Because babies have sleep apnea, if they stop breathing for too long it will beep to alert you, but also kind of jar baby and remind them to breath. It gave me wonderful price of mind, especially during the two to four month phase when SIDS risk is the highest.

I also got one of those huge pack n plays that had storage space, a changing table and bassinet. In my opinion this is just have cause it has so many needed items. If we would have got a pack n play separate from the bassinet, we would have paid double. Comes with the bassinet stand for portability.

Lastly, a must have cause I'm a germaphobe, but a portable high chair. They're relatively inexpensive and easy to use and break down nicely for space. We just leave it in the car.

Hello ladies, may I join?:flower:
I am due on the 29th of December.
It become so real to me cos my belly is growing and I am starting to feel kicks, my dr. says it's my bowel. Why I havn't felt anything like that in 34 years, it it a side effect of pregnancy?

We are having u/s in a month, probably anatomy scan. Do we really need it? Maybe regular u/s could be enough. What was your experience? How long did it last? Any advice?
We don't want to know gender. If my hubby or I catch it on u/s, we'll be happy:cloud9:
Have a great weekend!

Welcome and congrats hun. If you don't want to know the sex just tell them and they won't tell you, but you'll want to have it done as they look over the limbs and organs and just make sure everything looks as it should. Can take anywhere from 30mins to an hour depending on the tech and if baby is cooperating. My experience with my son and this pregnancy were just that and they printed a few pics and recorded some of it for us. I always enjoy seeing my peanuts and at that stage they are already formed and in there moving about, sucking thumbs, waving, everything! Really exciting in my opinion.

Yay for fetal movements! That really is the best feeling in the world - from the inside and the out! :)

Here's my must have list! An awesome product for a winter babies would be sleep sacks. It's kind of like an overall/sleeping bag. Stays on baby even when they squirm which means they stay warm :) My pack-n-play (playpen, bassinet, change station) also was used quite well! My kids all loved to jump and I would recommend a jumparoo over any other jumper.
I also really loved my Ergo carrier. I didn't have a carrier with my first 2 and totally wish I had one with them! An utter cover for nursing out of the house if your non comfortable with public breastfeeding (I feel more comfortable covered, wish I could just whip it out and not feel uncomfortable!). And my last must have are muslin receiving blankets! They are big, light and airy.....awesome for swaddling without overheating!

Welcome dovkav. Congrats on you pregnancy :)

Can I just say that baby's been punching me in my bladder since last week. Really not nice little one!

Also I think the ladies from my job are trying to throw me a shower. I was talking to one of the ladies who mentioned that people do have showers with the next baby/babies and I said yeah, I know, but these two are so close and there's not much that we need and I had to do most of the planning with Virtue and just don't think I'm up for it. She told me that yeah, I don't always have to do the planning and that people will throw one for you. I said yeah, but I don't really have anyone here (family I mean) and she said but will people will often throw one for you so don't go putting your planning hat on just yet. That time it was with a little more emphasis and with a flutter of the eyes. I cocked my head to the said and why...we laughed, so I'm pretty sure. It's sweet I think and I definitely won't refuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->