December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

image.jpg

Baby looks great! Measuring 9-10 weeks, strong heartbeat (178), kicking and waving. I am so relieved :)

NoDoubt - Yay for double digits!

How's everyone doing?!

Hi ladies!

tmb, SO happy things are going well and baby is measuring right on schedule!! Adorable picture :)

Ebony, I LOVE your bump. You look so great! I'm a mess right now...at that in between stage where none of my old clothes fit me, but most maternity stuff isn't right for me either. I did, however, get a pair of maternity jeans, and am now wondering why everyone doesn't wear them all time! It's like yoga pants on top, denim on the bottom...you can't get much better than that :haha:

Okay, so I need some advice on outdoor clothing for winter babies. I'm pretty sure that I can't bring him home from the hospital in a bunting bag/suit due to safety in the car seat (and I have a fleece car seat cover on my registry for him anyway), but we're planning to babywear and we like to go on little walks around our neighbourhood. This is especially the case around the holiday season. So, I don't know exactly how warm I need a bunting suit to be or what size to get.

I'm a bit of a shopoholic, and when I see a sale, I can't resist. I now have 3 different snow/bunting suits in my possession, and DH says I need to narrow it down to 2 and return one :haha: So I need your help! Which ones do you think I should stick with?

1. Columbia microfleece bunting - 0-3 months (I love the little ears!)
2. Ralph Lauren quilted bunting - 6-9 months (bought from Once Upon a Child for $25! DH says the gold buttons look a little prepster and pretentious, but I think it's hilarious)
3. MEC bunting - 6-12 months (is pretty big and won't fit him until at least late spring, I think...but might also be good NEXT fall, and I got it at half price. Is actually kind of lavender-ish in colour, so not super masculine, but could also work for a little girl down the line)

Thanks for your help :flower:

Attachments

• columbia.jpg
    columbia.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ralph lauren.jpg
    ralph lauren.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
  • MEC.jpg
    MEC.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
I'd say the first one and the last one because of size. You kind of want them a little big for comfort, but like you said the 6-12 month will take him into next year.

Nodoubt, your bump is so cute!
Randa, I am so incredibly late, but the first one is so cute!

Had my glucose test this morning...yuck! And I didn't eat cause I did think I could so I had that sitting on my stomach and made my stomach turn. As soon as I got to work I ate a big piece of lasagna at 10 in the morning, lol. I also drank loads cause I rushed out of the house and forgot my water so my veins weren't cooperating. They had to stick me 4 times and they blew a vein in the process. So now my hand hurts and I'm sure it'll bruise...blah! I also got the tdap which is the pertussis/tetnus and whatever else is all in there. Hubbs will get his at some point before baby comes.

Not a whole lot going on here. In less than 3 three months I'll be a mother of two! Sounds really weird to say I have an 18 month old and a newborn...especially considering I never thought I'd even have kids, lol. How things change.

I'm so jealous of all the ftm's. I remember doing a bunch of shopping and now I don't really get to do that cause we have everything really. I won't have to shop for a while to be honest. I need to get the double stroller still, but the next big item will be a reversible car seat as our son will still be in his. Other than that, possibly clothes if I have a girl. But even that could be taken away if I have a boy.

Speaking of...it's starting to get to me now. I want to know, but still want to wait and be surprised about what sex the baby is. I'm just getting really excited as we close in on the end here!

Getting more tired as I get further along...didn't see that coming at all. Baby keeps doing kartwheels in there so who know which position he/she will be in. For whatever they are having me come back in 3 week, then every 2 at that point, but whatever...works for me. So my next appt is the day after my b'day and then the next day I have the 3d/4d u/s. Still not sure if I'm gonna keep that or not...

NoDoubt, you look great!!!
I totally forgot you still don't know the gender, that must be such a weird/great feeling! I know I didn't want to know in the beginning, but now I can' imagine not knowing! Maybe the next baby we'll be able to hold it together LOL!
Don't be jealous, I wish all our shopping was done! We've done a lot of looking around, but all I've bought is swaddles, a sophie, some clothes, oil for the bath and wipes.
This is how I feel right now, still a lot to do!!!
https://i.imgur.com/S0yqs.gif

OMG, you're almost 30 weeks!!! the countdown begins!!! What week did you have your son?

Thanks hun! I had my son at 39+6. Almost spot on. Went into labor a few days before though. Really excited about not knowing. So far two people have said boy and everyone else says girl, so we'll see!

I'm so horrible at guessing, but my guess is a girl!

I'm horibble at guessing too.

Last night I took a pic of belly and sent it to my mom. I was laying on my back and it was perfectly round. I think baby is transverse cause no matter which side I layed on baby would kick or punch me to get off. I ended up on my back then must have eventually rolled to my side at some point.

I got the take home outfit today...finally! And it's unisex! Its Christmas, but to dress it up for a girl I bought a headband and frilly socks. For a boy I will get socks and a hat...couldn't find any today. But I'll post a pic later. It's super cute and has a little Santa and reindeer on it, and it says Santa's favorite. Eeekkk I'm excited!

Can't wait for the picture!! I think we're going to just use an outfit from my baby shower, but not sure what constitutes a good going home outfit...I would imagine something easy to put on baby and something kind of warm? We got a warm cover for the car seat too. I'll post my picture soon too, and you ladies can tell me what you think. Do you just bundle baby up in a blanket to get to the car?? I'll likely get DH to go warm it up and bring it around to the front of the hospital I guess. Lol, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm getting excited to start figuring it out!! Only a couple months left!!

p.s. No Doubt, I'm glad you posted - I was just thinking about how inactive this thread has been recently, and had been meaning to post and touch base with you ladies! Hope everyone is doing well :)

This is the one I was originally thinking of...it's just a terry cloth layette set from Carter's, but it's kind of cute (that's the back of the pants, because I wanted to show you the little bear bum!)...I'd put one of the little hats and scratch mitts we got with it, I guess...

Thoughts?

Sorry the picture is sideways!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members