December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Tex, I'm a worrier too, and I'm starting to freak out a bit - we can be scared together :hugs:

I'm sorry you tested + for GBS, but ya, it's better to know. I'm going in for my swab for it tomorrow. I think they will just give you penicillin during labour, right? I'm allergic to it, so they said we would need to discuss further if I do test positive.

No doubt, yes. Dr said I will need to be on an antibiotic IV so the baby doesn't get sick. I am asking more questions tmrw. She told me as I was making my next appointment at front desk... Guess I shouldn't worry too much if she doesn't? I started a thread on it and feel a bit better. .. :wacko:

Randa, you've been so busy! I think Ive been nesting, too. Odd things like air filters and vent cleaning.

I wish I had a bag like Nina's... Im using my boring go-to trip bag.

Tex, I'm a worrier too, and I'm starting to freak out a bit - we can be scared together :hugs:

I'm sorry you tested + for GBS, but ya, it's better to know. I'm going in for my swab for it tomorrow. I think they will just give you penicillin during labour, right? I'm allergic to it, so they said we would need to discuss further if I do test positive.

Thanks, pal!! Like I said, it was almost an afterthought for her to tell me. I don't think Im allergic to penicillin. I keep thinking that my dreams of a fast labor will be ruined, bc you have to be on IV for 4hrs minimum for it to work well LOL!! Also I don't think i can stay home if my waters break. Will ask all that tmrw :dohh:

Here you can't say home if you're water breaks. It's to prevent infection since you don't have that protective barrier anymore. First time typically goes a but slower, so you may be just fine for the drop to work 4 hours.

Yep, we were right, gotta go to hospital once water breaks. Kinda sounds like im going to be pushed along... Im scared of pitocin!

Yeah bluntly put, pitocin is a bitch! I had that to help things along cause I was moving slow. My contractions kept breaking through the epi.

So forgive the info but I'm pretty sure things are loosening up and getting ready. I've been very dribbley the past couple days if you know what I mean and I've been a bit constipated which seems to be trying clear out now. I was like this just before my son came so I hope these are good signs.

Ive been going between loose and constipated; pretty gassy throughout lol

I am getting so antsy... Every time I eat, baby reminds me how squished it is in there. Very violent at times!!

Well...had a MW appointment today, and tests came back negative for GBS. But the midwife mentioned that my fundal height is lagging further and further behind what it should be, so now I'm quite anxious :cry: I'm going in for a growth scan ASAP (midwife was calling hospital right when I left and will try to get me in in the next day or two). I was measuring about 1.5cm behind for a few months which was of no real concern, but the past few weeks, there's been no growth at all so now I'm 4cm behind, and they want to rule out a placenta or amniotic fluid problem. If there is a problem, they said they will take him out early. I'm really scared and feeling like my body is failing my little boy :cry: I've been scaring myself more by looking up IUGR and the related problems, and DH had to convince me to put away the computer and calm down.

Hope you ladies are doing better than I am today :hugs:

Poopy day, randa :nope:

I might be naive, but i will light-heartedly attribute a seemingly smaller measurement to your being so busy the past few months. Stay positive and tell yourself that until they tell you to worry? I know it must be hard, especially when you need answers NOW! Listen to dh and stay off interwebz

Sorry Randa. Try not worry hun. Could be nothing but if it is they are checking and taking precautions. Besides, if they did have to deliver early baby is ready and would fine. II know it doesn't help, but they know what they doing and checking everything.

Thanks, you guys! Turns out he's not small, but probably rather big (est. 8lbs 6oz). But he's turned from his original head down position into a footling breech. So I'm probably looking at a scheduled c-section next week, which I'm upset about. But it'll all work out somehow. Meeting with the midwife and an OB this week to sort it all out. All said and done, I'm just looking forward to meeting this little guy :)
Hope you guys are feeling well! :flower:

WOW!!! Guess ya never can tell what life will throw at you... Now you know!

Glad to hear he's ofgood size but sorry about the section. As long as baby is happy and healthy. I had an emergency section with my first and that wasn't the plan at all but it all worked out.

Me too! I've been pretty emotional the past few days. Poor DH :haha:

After today's consult, I'm officially booked in for my section on Dec. 3rd though - can't believe we're all in the single digits!!

How are you feeling, Ebony?

Like crap! I had my appt yesterday and there's been no progress. I'm still only at 1 and he said still not much defacement, only about 10%. With that I decided to schedule a section. Honestly I'm too afraid to go past my date. My son had a bowel movement in utero and I'm afraid of that happening and baby being in there. I'm also afraid of laboring forever and having to have a section again and then stressing the baby like with my son. Plus yes, I'm beyond done. I literally cried last night. I thought there would be something more. If I felt like this was progressing at all I would wait it out but I'm exactly where I was 2 weeks ago. Hubbs wants me to wait at least a week, he doesn't she with my decision as he thinks we should just let things happen naturally, but he's not the one who had to go through it, me and the baby are. I don't anticipate a date before next week anyway so he can have his week either way. I have an appt Monday and maybe something will have happened or maybe baby will be here by then, but either way I'm gonna make the call today.

Last wednesday I scheduled my induction for dec 7, in case it diesnt puck its own day to arrive. I wasnt dilated and dr said baby is still high, but 'the head is right there' while her hand was in me.

Im getting paranoid about movements, and now im worried about poop in there, after hearing No Doubt!!

Dr seems so vague, but i dont even know what i should know anyway. I go back tmrw

Like crap! I had my appt yesterday and there's been no progress. I'm still only at 1 and he said still not much defacement, only about 10%. With that I decided to schedule a section. Honestly I'm too afraid to go past my date. My son had a bowel movement in utero and I'm afraid of that happening and baby being in there. I'm also afraid of laboring forever and having to have a section again and then stressing the baby like with my son. Plus yes, I'm beyond done. I literally cried last night. I thought there would be something more. If I felt like this was progressing at all I would wait it out but I'm exactly where I was 2 weeks ago. Hubbs wants me to wait at least a week, he doesn't she with my decision as he thinks we should just let things happen naturally, but he's not the one who had to go through it, me and the baby are. I don't anticipate a date before next week anyway so he can have his week either way. I have an appt Monday and maybe something will have happened or maybe baby will be here by then, but either way I'm gonna make the call today.
I hope the baby shows up for you soon so you dont have to worry

Sorry Tex. Didn't mean to scare you. Virtue was in there pretty much my whole labor like that and he was fine. Just a concern I have if it's like 2 weeks over or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->