December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Quick update, after some brown spotting on Thursday, and then more today, we rushed off to the EPU.
They were wonderful there, we saw out little bub, right where he's supposed to be and a tiny heartbeat. Spotting was caused by some bruise or something like that in the uterus.
Scan measured 5+6, just a few days off but I'm not worried.
We go to my doctor as planned on Friday, but also as prescribed by the doctor who scan me this evening. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

That's wonderful news! So happy you got to see and hear your LO!

Welcome to the new ladies :wave:

How is everyone feeling? It's gotten a little quiet in here.

Does everyone have their 1st appointments booked?

Nina, glad is was good news and so happy you got to see a heartbeat!

Things are good here. Had to spend the weekend with work folks in Napa pretending to wine taste, that was annoying and tough (hubby had to down his and mine, haha). Still no symptoms. I'm trying to enjoy that and continue working out and being active.

What a nice little group we have! I have no idea of estimated due date - I ovulate late (about day 17-18 of a short 26 day cycle) so I guess I am actually under 5 weeks - can anyone give me an idea of when I could be due? :)

You can use the due date calculator here, just chose the 2nd option (date of conception...which would actually be your ovulation date, if you know it). :D .... https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

prachipie - I bet DH was feeling a little loopy after all that wine! hehe....I pulled off the "I'm the designated driver" bit this passed weekend :) We have told family and a couple close friends already but havent made the big announcement yet.

Nina - Glad to hear that you LO is safe and sound and that there is a nice strong heart beat :) Music to your ears, isn't it!

When does everyone plan on sharing publicly?

Hey - I am waiting on blood results so feeling nervous and a bit quiet. Had a scan last week followed by hcg test - it hadnt risen as much as they would like on Sunday and more bloods taken today - results tomorrow. I am hoping and praying they go up by loads.

Hope everyone is ok x

Hey - I am waiting on blood results so feeling nervous and a bit quiet. Had a scan last week followed by hcg test - it hadnt risen as much as they would like on Sunday and more bloods taken today - results tomorrow. I am hoping and praying they go up by loads.

Hope everyone is ok x

Sorry you are going through this stress. I hope your bloods show great results and that all is fine. I will keep you in my thoughts! Sending positive vibes and virtual hugs!

prachipie - I bet DH was feeling a little loopy after all that wine! hehe....I pulled off the "I'm the designated driver" bit this passed weekend :) We have told family and a couple close friends already but havent made the big announcement yet.

Nina - Glad to hear that you LO is safe and sound and that there is a nice strong heart beat :) Music to your ears, isn't it!

When does everyone plan on sharing publicly?

Probably wait for the typical 3 months...but it will be SO hard! I might tell one or 2 really close friends, so I can talk about it & share the excitement, but that's it! :)

Hope everyone is ok x

Aw, try not to worry! They always do this to us, in the beginning...make us worry over what is usually nothing. I heard a story recently where the hcg levels were low & a nurse told the girl she would probably miscarry her baby! She went in for a scan, & the doctor was like "I don't know what they were so upset about, everything looks fine to me!" Try not to let them worry you...chances are, it's nothing & everything is fine! :D

Yeah, right now only our parents and siblings know. Once we see the heartbeat (hopefully at our May 12th appointment) we will probably share with close friends but will wait until 3 months to share publicly. It does feel awful to lie to people though, wish that wasn't part of the process!

hope&faith, I hope everything is okay. Try not to worry too much (I know, easier said than done!) Let us know how it goes :hugs:

I'm doing okay...yesterday, I felt what I would describe as awful for the first time - like I was hit by a truck! I didn't throw up, but came close all day, and was just dragging myself through my work day.

I have my first appointment on the 25th - 1.5 weeks to go!

About telling people, our situation is kinda weird. The principal at our school already knows, and my teaching assistant. And then DH told his best friend who lives in the US. But we haven't told any of our friends or family back in Canada yet. We're actually planning on waiting to tell them until we hop off the plane at 19weeks, and probably with a noticeable bump :) My parents will be shocked, but I think also thrilled because they have wanted a grandchild for a while now! I think we will tell people at work between 8-12 weeks though, because a few people are already speculating! It definitely feels strange to be telling colleagues before friends and family, but it makes sense in our situation. Every time I skype with my mom, I'm bursting to tell her, but so far, I've held it in (I'm horrible with keeping things a secret!)

Due December 25th with my first...hoping her/she is a few weeks late lol

we have told a couple of people but for most we are waiting till about 12 weeks :)

Will tell parents and close family at about 10 weeks if I can keep it to myself for that long! Everyone else will find out after 12 week scan. It's so difficult not saying anything. I work with my dad and he guessed early last time as I was sick in work so much!

Hey all - well my bloods went up but not by as much as they would've liked. So went in for a scan which showed a sac and a yolk sac so right on track for dates! Re scan in two weeks time!

Im waiting until 12 weeks before mentioning it but I have already blown up from bloating and over eating! Getting too big too quick is going to be a pain shifting the weight next year!

oh gosh I know what you mean peanut! I can't stop eating!! Oh well in a couple weeks time i will just be puking so I figure it will even itself out lol

Lol I am getting neausea and do dry gags but nothing comes out. I really hope I don't suffer from severe morning sickness though.

Whenever I am generally ill and have vomiting I end up dehydrated in a&e on a drip!

Hi ladies! Mind if I join? I'm due 12/3 and will be having a surprise. This is #2 for us!

Oh yeah...symptoms include some nausea pretty much every morning, but not nearly as bad as with ds. I've had a few dry heaving days, but no actual sickness. Tender boobs, but I think I'm getting used to them. Achy hips (pretty sure the spreading is setting in properly), fatigue, and of course I'm hungry all the time, lol. Bloating and constipation...sorry if tmi, but the belly band is working wonders for my pants these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->