December 2014 Due Dates - Join me :)

Okay ladies, I've updated our due date list on page one. Please let me know if I missed you or if I have the wrong due date.

Kayotic - I am probably just blind, but I did not see your actual due date. Let me know what day it is and I shall update it on our list :)

I hope everyone is doing well??!! Glad to see beta numbers rising for some of our ladies :)

As for me...I was denied a midwife because they are all apparently already full for the time I am due. There is a shortage of midwives where I am from so I guess I shouldn't be surprised....I am very disappointed though :( I guess I will have to hunt down a doctor now.....Booo!

Wow...didn't even know that was possible. Where are you? Here in the states we just go to the doctor office anyway. Sometimes its a doc, sometimes its mw...just depends I guess. People could specifically ask for a mw I suppose, but my office has both and I see different ones throughout my pregnancy as I don't know who will deliver me.

Okay ladies, I've updated our due date list on page one. Please let me know if I missed you or if I have the wrong due date.

Kayotic - I am probably just blind, but I did not see your actual due date. Let me know what day it is and I shall update it on our list :)

I hope everyone is doing well??!! Glad to see beta numbers rising for some of our ladies :)

As for me...I was denied a midwife because they are all apparently already full for the time I am due. There is a shortage of midwives where I am from so I guess I shouldn't be surprised....I am very disappointed though :( I guess I will have to hunt down a doctor now.....Booo!

That's just bogus, but it's like that here as well :growlmad:
It's best for me to see my doctor/midwife Fridays. With my doctor that's no problem, or even during the week, he has patients until later on after work.
But the nurses? Sheesh. None work Fridays except one, they all work from about 10-13 (what, no one else works?!) and there's only like 3 of them. I had to schedule as soon as I found out I was pregnant, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to. So that's about 8 weeks ahead of time! Of course I'm afraid of jinxing. I just checked the other day and the closest appointment with her, or any of the other nurses is in last May.
I wish I could go to a different place, but I guess it has to be in the same place my doctor sees his patients.
I go to my doctor for the US, referrals and stuff, and the nurse one a month for weight and blood pressure and a lot of yada yada I think.
I also think that whichever doctor is on call will deliver, my doctor doesn't even work in the hospital we go to.
I think I'll be taking a doula though. Well, that's my plan at least.

I am sad to say that you can take me off the list. My pregnancy ended the other day. It turned out to be ectopic:(
I wish you all a wonderful pregnancy, birth and healthy happy babies.

Best wishes,
Amber

I am in Manitoba, Canada. There is a huge shortage of midwives here. If I had gotten in with one I would deal strictly with a group of 3 to 4 midwives. I would get to know them all and one of them would be on call when I deliver. Also, I would have been able to deliver in a birth centre that is very homey and comfortable instead of in a hospital setting.

I am also new to this province so I am not familiar with the hospitals or doctors. I know it will all work out but I just can't help but be frustrated! Argh!

I am sad to say that you can take me off the list. My pregnancy ended the other day. It turned out to be ectopic:(

Best wishes,
Amber

Oh, Amber.....I'm so sorry to hear this....virtual hugs!!!

I am in Manitoba, Canada. There is a huge shortage of midwives here. If I had gotten in with one I would deal strictly with a group of 3 to 4 midwives. I would get to know them all and one of them would be on call when I deliver. Also, I would have been able to deliver in a birth centre that is very homey and comfortable instead of in a hospital setting.

I am also new to this province so I am not familiar with the hospitals or doctors. I know it will all work out but I just can't help but be frustrated! Argh!

Manitoba?! I'm originally from Winnipeg :)

Best wishes,
Amber

I'm so sorry :hugs:
I hope your physical recovery is easy, take care of yourself <3

December 27th :)

Sorry about the mw :(

Best wishes,
Amber
<3 <3

Beta was 327, up from 112! It's currently doubling every 24 hours <3

Hi.

Just found out I'm pregnant, estimated due date of dec 17th. I had a mmc in November. Feeling very nervous and scared.

Amber I am so sorry to hear this. I hope physically you recover soon. Still here if you want to talk hun.

Kayotic, yay for the rising numbers!

Welcome and congrats to the new ladies!

Finally having my first doctors appointment tomorrow :) They are doing an 8 week scan and lots of blood work, but not sure what else to expect. I'm excited but nervous too - hoping everything is okay!! I'll update tomorrow with results.

I'm still in denial, even though today marks one-month late!! :blush:

Hi Bug! Thanks for asking :)

Everything about LO seems good! Measuring right on the mark for 8 weeks, and they seemed to tell me the heartbeat was good as well, but didn't say anything specific about bpm. But the whole thing was such a strange experience. In Chinese hospitals, you basically get shuffled back and forth between payment desks for each individual thing they are doing for you, and then you get a test done (ultrasound, urine, blood, etc.), pick it up at a different area, and then go back to get the doctor to sign it, all with people shouting at you in Chinese! We spent 4 hours on the train (and missed our morning one) plus 7 hours at the darn hospital!!! It was pretty crazy. Even though we made an appointment with an English speaking doctor, our ultrasound was with one who didn't speak much English and she was kind of cold, and there were about 70 people waiting ahead of us for an ultrasound in a VERY loud and hot room! When I actually got my number called for the ultrasound, the tech didn't show me anything during it or say anything (in English or Chinese) to give me an indication of whether or not things were okay. And then they closed the entire hospital for 2.5 hours for lunch, so we had to wait that long to get the results told to us by the English speaking doctor. It wasn't really the warm and fuzzy experience I had hoped for, but in the end, I'm just so happy that everything is okay with baby :) But I'm not looking forward to going back for my next appointment...what an ordeal :haha:

Oh, one not so good thing...they said I had a "luteal cyst" but then said not to worry about it. In all the chaos, I didn't really ask more questions, but now that I'm home reading about it, it's kind of worrying me!

I hope all the rest of you ladies are doing well :flower:

Randa, glad the appt went well so to speak. At least everything is ok with baby. I wouldn't worry about the luteal cyst. Those can happen from the follicle releasing the egg. A little cyst can/will sometimes cork there but it goes away and typically doesn't bother anything. I had that with my son and all was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->