December 2014 rainbows - cautiously pregnant and inviting people to join me

I am soooooo tired. My dd has decided not to take naps and I just want to go to bed. Pass me the match sticks

Nina this baby is due 5 days after my birthday too? When is your birthday? Mine is 22nd December and hubby's is 19th December!!

Nina this baby is due 5 days after my birthday too? When is your birthday? Mine is 22nd December and hubby's is 19th December!!

I'm December 3rd, early :)
I doubt I'll get an actual birthday baby, but being close is good enough!

That's so neat you guys are so close, and your LO as well!
In our family we're scattered all over the year LOL!

Well, the good(?) news is the nausea's finally come. It's not super strong--really less nausea and more just extreme aversions. That is, I don't really feel like throwing up or anything but the thought of putting some foods in my mouth just causes my brain to hold up a big old "NOPE" sign. Really fun to spend an hour cooking dinner that you simply can't eat once it's done...

DH doesn't get this... No matter how many times I've explained, "I seriously cannot get near that," he gets so frustrated. He's like, "You need to eat!" And while I agree, there's no stopping those food aversions!! Ugh, I'll be so relieved when the first trimester passes for us all!

Smiler - I'm sure you will! Our first scan was at 6 wks and while their heartbeats weren't measurable (because they were still too small for the ultrasound to pick them up) we could see them fluttering away. It was a beautiful sight. I'm sure yours will measure nice and strong, too! :flower:

Krulci, my DH is like that as well, he actually got mad at me I wouldn't, I couldn't even sit at the table.
I explained I stuff my face during the day because I know whats waiting for me in the evening!
However, these past days the nausea has been worse during the day and more bareable in the evening.

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to join this thread because I'm at about 7-8 weeks (due Dec. 12 as far as I know) and I've had two miscarriages. It was great to see this wonderful, supportive group here. I'm nervous because I go in for the first ultrasound on Friday and in both previous pregnancies there was no heartbeat and the scans showed the babies had stopped developing at 6 weeks.

My first pregnancy - in September 2012 - I didn't really have any pregnancy symptoms. So when I got pregnant again in September 2013 and I had a lot of morning sickness throughout the day and fatigue, I thought everything was good and I got very excited about the pregnancy. But then we got the same news.

This time I also have a lot of symptoms - nausea that is almost constant, lots of fatigue, sore nipples, full feeling breasts, sometimes indigestion, etc. It's been really hard because I travel and teach in front of groups and do field work for my job and I've had a hard time with that because it's hard to traipse around in hip waders carrying equipment and teaching people when I just feel like I'm going to hurl all the time.

But I'm having a hard time being positive about this pregnancy. I'm so worried that the same thing will happen again that I just blank out or numb out on any feelings about it. And I think that even if I see a heartbeat this time I'll still be worried about what might happen next. It doesn't help that I'm 39, so there is some time pressure too.

I wish I could just not ever tell my husband how I'm feeling but I'm pretty bad at hiding it when I don't feel well. He gets worried about me, though, and I find that stressful.

Sorry to dump all of this on all of you in my first message. It has been very helpful reading your posts and I wish all of you the best in your pregnancies.

I was scanned today. Very small sac and a yolk were visible. Not sure which way it's going yet, as it's measuring small for my dates, but it's in the right place (concerns over one sided pain) :flower:

Dan-o: how far along are you right now?

Hey ladies!!! Sorry for being MIA the past few days. I was working non-stop the past 6 days working 16 flights!!! I'm exhausted to say the least! I had my first blood work drawn today, follow up draw will be Saturday morning. So the waiting begins. I'm nervous for my levels...but I know there's nothing I can do about it so trying my best to not fixate on it. It'll be nice to know where things stand though. My symptoms are very minimal right now. BB's feel swollen but not tender in the least, nausea comes and goes, cramps and twinges, but that's it really. So I'm really wanting to see some good betas to ease my worries.

My betas were each a week apart 23, 550, & 7361 today & now they aren't going to repeat them unless I get scared and call and request them. My first ultrasound and prenatal visit is not till May 27th so truth be told, I am already scared!!! I wanted to ask them to continue them up to my visit but didn't want to sound desperate. I guess if it gets to nerve wracking I can always just call and they will repeat it as they said. I am just scared to get to that ultrasound and something have gone wrong...

Eme- Your betas will be great, I've got faith :)

So I'm SO tempted to go and buy a few pregnancy tests just to see if the lines are getting darker haha.......I just had bloods drawn yesterday and will have my follow up drawn on Saturday so this seems silly because bloodwork will obviously give me a clearer answer as to how things are progressing haha but I feel like I can't resist poas!!!

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to join this thread because I'm at about 7-8 weeks (due Dec. 12 as far as I know) and I've had two miscarriages. It was great to see this wonderful, supportive group here. I'm nervous because I go in for the first ultrasound on Friday and in both previous pregnancies there was no heartbeat and the scans showed the babies had stopped developing at 6 weeks.

My first pregnancy - in September 2012 - I didn't really have any pregnancy symptoms. So when I got pregnant again in September 2013 and I had a lot of morning sickness throughout the day and fatigue, I thought everything was good and I got very excited about the pregnancy. But then we got the same news.

This time I also have a lot of symptoms - nausea that is almost constant, lots of fatigue, sore nipples, full feeling breasts, sometimes indigestion, etc. It's been really hard because I travel and teach in front of groups and do field work for my job and I've had a hard time with that because it's hard to traipse around in hip waders carrying equipment and teaching people when I just feel like I'm going to hurl all the time.

But I'm having a hard time being positive about this pregnancy. I'm so worried that the same thing will happen again that I just blank out or numb out on any feelings about it. And I think that even if I see a heartbeat this time I'll still be worried about what might happen next. It doesn't help that I'm 39, so there is some time pressure too.

I wish I could just not ever tell my husband how I'm feeling but I'm pretty bad at hiding it when I don't feel well. He gets worried about me, though, and I find that stressful.

Sorry to dump all of this on all of you in my first message. It has been very helpful reading your posts and I wish all of you the best in your pregnancies.

Hi Manningstar :)
How was your scan today?!

I didn't have any symptoms with my first 2, so I am somewhat "excited" I feel like crap now, even though I know that sometimes nausea doesn't mean anything other than nausea. I just keep telling myself that this IS a good sign.
I think you and your husband should talk a bit more about it, obviously he does care and is worried. After we had our scan DH told me how scared he was, and last week at our reassurance scan he got all teary. It's tough for them to "be strong for us" and they don't get how much that actually gets us all stressed!
<3

9 weeks today :)
There&#8217;s a coworker friend of mine who knows about my losses, and I know they have been trying for a while. I&#8217;ve been wanting to tell her for support, but was afraid I&#8217;d hurt her. This past week I heard her in the room next to mine and the girl said, no really?! I was suspicious for a while because she&#8217;s stopped smoking, she&#8217;s always had some sort of tummy, and I guess I&#8217;m just suspicious all the time!
Anyways, yesterday we were work talking and she said, I need to tell you something&#8230; She&#8217;s 15 weeks already (I was a bit offended she hadn&#8217;t told me earlier, because apparently she did tell others)
She started to tell me how she didn&#8217;t know how to tell me because I was sensitive etc, and I just told her- no need to feel bad- I&#8217;m pregnant too! I am SO happy it turned out that way, I was so hoping I would tell her and she&#8217;d have good news for me. She started crying and I&#8217;m just so happy for her.

The thing is&#8230; I&#8217;m jealous. Of course I am. I&#8217;m jealous she&#8217;s in the &#8220;safe&#8221; zone now (I know there&#8217;s no such thing, but for me just getting past the first weeks does mean safer). Jealous she&#8217;s ahead of me, I was supposed to have a baby already, I was supposed to feel and do all those things before her. I&#8217;m just jealous, I don&#8217;t know, that I&#8217;m still behind, that I still might loose this baby, that I feel this way and she doesn&#8217;t.
Of course I am thrilled for her, and so happy we&#8217;ll be going through this pretty much together, and be on maternity leave together, but I just can&#8217;t shake this jealousy thing off.

And two days ago another girl at work told me she's pregnant! 17 weeks along, she also knew about my losses so I told her as well :) Her baby is a total whoopsie, she only found out at 8 weeks! But she's going to be such a great Mom, of course I'm jealous of her as well...

My Coworker friend from up above also told me that a girl who has been trying for 2 years has finally gotten pregnant. I am so happy for her! Apparently everyone knew they had problems, (except me, I am so out of it!) so everyone now knows she's pregnant. I don't know how far along though. There's something in the air, I hope it brings only good news!

Hi Manningstar :)
How was your scan today?!

I didn't have any symptoms with my first 2, so I am somewhat "excited" I feel like crap now, even though I know that sometimes nausea doesn't mean anything other than nausea. I just keep telling myself that this IS a good sign.
I think you and your husband should talk a bit more about it, obviously he does care and is worried. After we had our scan DH told me how scared he was, and last week at our reassurance scan he got all teary. It's tough for them to "be strong for us" and they don't get how much that actually gets us all stressed!
<3
Thank you so much, Nina, for your kind and supportive words. The scan went well today - we saw the heartbeat and we are at 8 weeks - due date still December 12. We actually progressed to the prenatal visit - never got that far before. My husband was so happy - all smiles. I'm still really nervous, but I'm starting to feel a little better, even enjoying it a bit. It makes it easier to feel so sick when I know there might be a better outcome this time. Best of luck to all and I'll keep you posted on how things go.

9 weeks today :)
There&#8217;s a coworker friend of mine who knows about my losses, and I know they have been trying for a while. I&#8217;ve been wanting to tell her for support, but was afraid I&#8217;d hurt her. This past week I heard her in the room next to mine and the girl said, no really?! I was suspicious for a while because she&#8217;s stopped smoking, she&#8217;s always had some sort of tummy, and I guess I&#8217;m just suspicious all the time!
Anyways, yesterday we were work talking and she said, I need to tell you something&#8230; She&#8217;s 15 weeks already (I was a bit offended she hadn&#8217;t told me earlier, because apparently she did tell others)
She started to tell me how she didn&#8217;t know how to tell me because I was sensitive etc, and I just told her- no need to feel bad- I&#8217;m pregnant too! I am SO happy it turned out that way, I was so hoping I would tell her and she&#8217;d have good news for me. She started crying and I&#8217;m just so happy for her.

The thing is&#8230; I&#8217;m jealous. Of course I am. I&#8217;m jealous she&#8217;s in the &#8220;safe&#8221; zone now (I know there&#8217;s no such thing, but for me just getting past the first weeks does mean safer). Jealous she&#8217;s ahead of me, I was supposed to have a baby already, I was supposed to feel and do all those things before her. I&#8217;m just jealous, I don&#8217;t know, that I&#8217;m still behind, that I still might loose this baby, that I feel this way and she doesn&#8217;t.
Of course I am thrilled for her, and so happy we&#8217;ll be going through this pretty much together, and be on maternity leave together, but I just can&#8217;t shake this jealousy thing off.

And two days ago another girl at work told me she's pregnant! 17 weeks along, she also knew about my losses so I told her as well :) Her baby is a total whoopsie, she only found out at 8 weeks! But she's going to be such a great Mom, of course I'm jealous of her as well...

My Coworker friend from up above also told me that a girl who has been trying for 2 years has finally gotten pregnant. I am so happy for her! Apparently everyone knew they had problems, (except me, I am so out of it!) so everyone now knows she's pregnant. I don't know how far along though. There's something in the air, I hope it brings only good news!
I totally understand about being jealous. When I had my last miscarriage, we had friends who were 14 weeks when we were 5 or 6 weeks. She actually did have the baby, but when I lost my baby I had a hard time being around her because of my jealousy. Then she told me she had had 6 miscarriages prior to that pregnancy and that whenever she saw pregnant women she wanted to kick them. It felt really good to be able to talk about those feelings with someone who understood and didn't judge. I now have another friend who just announced at 15 weeks - I guess she's at 16 or 17 weeks now - and I was feeling jealous of her too. Both because I wanted to be the 'next' one in our group of friends - silly, I know - and because she was past that 'danger' zone. It is so hard to stay in the moment and stay positive, but I am so happy for you that you are doing well at 9 weeks and that you have friends in person to share the experience with, as well. And just know that it's so totally fine to feel jealous. And I totally get it and feel that way, too.

Nina- that is a natural feeling, I have a friend farther than me and she is really supportive with helping me to stay calm and not so nervous but I am very jealous that she is 6wks farther than me and has seen and heard baby's heartbeat. It's hard not to feel jealous when it's everything you want. Keep your head up, when you get to the "safe" zone and feel a little better you will have someone to share your milestones with.

Thanks guys, while I know these feeling are "normal" for us women, I just kind of feel like it's wrong to feel that way, YKWIM?
I told DH and he said, everything happens in it's own time, but I get where you're coming from.

AFM, Friday I was a mess. From about 13:00 until the next morning I was basically on the couch curled up and crying or in bed sleeping. Then, yesterday I felt wonderful, slight nausea in the morning but other than that nada (and my spotting has almost completely stopped!) I was happy to feel better and eat, but it also got me a bit worried. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope I get some nausea this evening...
I know it's possible for the sickness to have died down now, and everything is fine, but of course I'm worried. So worried I bought a Doppler yesterday :wacko: I just hope I get to use it. It should be here in a few weeks.
If only there was a way to know that everything was OK. I have an appointment scheduled for this Friday, along with a midwife, I don't know if we should go or not. I'm starting to slightly dislike my doctor. I feel like he's a bit impatient with me, or that he feels I'm overreacting and I should believe everything is OK. I know he'll scan me. But I hate worrying about what others think about me all the time!

Dan-o, it's still early... Will they repeat in a week for you?

Thanks, yep booked for Friday but I can't make it, so will go a week on Monday instead. Hope it's done some serious catching up by then!

Nina I totally understand. My mc was discovered at my 12 week scan. When we were waiting to go in we met a girl I know whose LO is the same age as C. So she is exactly the same stage as I would have been at. Every time I see her I think 'that should be my bump...'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->