December 2017 Testers: Hopeful for Christmas and Year-end BFPs

Well, looks like I am also out this time. Not too surprising I guess, since it's been so long and it's supposed to take 3 months to develop better quality eggies and I'm only on month 1, but still saddening nonetheless. Temps dropped to cover line, I lost any "symptoms," and I'm not using Wondfo HPTs as they gave me too much hope :(

I will still be here in consequent threads rooting for those of you who got AF or had a chemical this past time. Still thinking of you all, and hoping we all catch that rainbow. Congrats to any who receive their BFPs, I assure you that I'm super jealous... but happy for you too! Lol :hugs:

Robyn, I'm sorry :hugs: what's meant to take three months? I'm sorry if you said here already, I'm rubbish at keeping up with threads with so many posts daily! I always get lost :dohh:

So sorry happycupcake, robyn and tryinco. :hugs: Another cycle closer to our :bfp:

Katy and Desire - FX for a :bfp:

Hey Happy, I read that it takes 90 days to develop better quality eggs. Things like supplements and better eating and exercise are supposed to help, and I know that when I'm doing all that, my cycles are much more tame. Been off the bandwagon for a bit and gained some weight so I'm pretty sure that isn't helping either :blush: So that's what I'm basing it on, here is a website. https://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health Sorry if I wasn't quite clear!

So sorry happycupcake, robyn and tryinco. :hugs: Another cycle closer to our :bfp:

Katy and Desire - FX for a :bfp:

Thank you, and I'm sorry af arrived for you too :hugs:

Hey Happy, I read that it takes 90 days to develop better quality eggs. Things like supplements and better eating and exercise are supposed to help, and I know that when I'm doing all that, my cycles are much more tame. Been off the bandwagon for a bit and gained some weight so I'm pretty sure that isn't helping either :blush: So that's what I'm basing it on, here is a website. https://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health Sorry if I wasn't quite clear!

Oh I see! I know coQ10 is meant to help egg health but I'm paranoid about taking new things. Do you use this?
I too fell off the bandwagon regarding exercise, depression got me after the first few chemicals and I find I don't have any energy to actually exercise regularly and make it routine. You know when all you want to do is hide from the world and sit on your backside binge watching crap on TV and sleep? That's me. I don't just sit on my bum watching TV all day obviously but I don't have the motivation to purposely exercise, it's so hard to find. But I know it is something I really need to do.
I wouldn't worry too much about putting on a little weight, I would focus concerns on eating good foods more than anything else actually, as this is the first building block for a good fertility foundation imo. Next would be exercise, lastly weight. It wouldn't matter if you were the size of a rake or a house, if your diet is awful and there's zero exercise then fertility will struggle. I remember when I was at my heaviest once I adopted a healthy eating plan and exercised, I was way more healthy than I was at my smallest and I had boundless energy despite being much heavier! It's easy to get caught up in worrying about weight, but the other stuff counts much more I think

Thanks for that! I've been very on and off with the same type of depression, it's never consistent though and I will have my ups and downs. I'm sorry you have to go through dealing with the chemicals :( That would make me very upset, so I understand why you'd be depressed. Maybe I should have said it was more like a 50lb weight gain from that same type of up and down depressive state, but I completely get the eating better thing. I feel so much better when I do. I used to train almost everyday when I did competitive cheerleading so I guess I just hate seeing myself fall so badly when it comes to health. Here's to hoping I will finally get things together lol.

Oh! About the CoQ10, I am buying it for this cycle so I will get back to you on it. :)

Still, as long as you're eating a decent diet then I wouldn't worry about it. It's like when people get concerned about calorie intake, it isn't so much that but the foods you're eating because our bodies utilise them differently. If we consumed 300 calories in chocolate we may cling onto that, but if we consumed the same amount in apples, because of the fibre content, we use the goodness and the rest is turned into waste which obviously we then get rid of. I don't bother with all that calorie counting rubbish anymore, it only causes stress. Just eat what you feel like when you feel like it and as long as you're ensuring those things we think of as treats are in moderation then it's fine. I haven't quite got the whole moderation thing down yet lol so I have probably put on weight via ice cream :blush:
Urgh yes depression, such a lovely thing to deal with! The stupid thing is once you're in a routine you feel amazing for it, and obviously your body thanks you too, but it's actually getting into a routine which is the hardest part. At the moment our treadmill is storing the Christmas presents and our exercise bike is hiding somewhere behind a curtain I believe

happycupcake, I'm sorry, I could be totally off here and I hope you don't take offence. But have you ever had your blood tested for HCG?
You probably know that it's possible for other hormones to turn a HPT positive (like LH). It can happen with women who have PCOs. If I remember correctly, you got a very early BFP this cycle. That's highly unlikely, if you're sure when you've ovulated.
If this scenario is not possible, please disregard my post.

I'm not offended, I have been asked before since this has happened so many times.
Can you provide any links to anything explaining hpts detecting an LH surge? Because when I Google it, all I find is that pregnancy tests are specific to hCG and won't detect LH. But OPKs can detect hCG. I have used OPKs when I had positive tests and there's usually faint lines on my OPKs at any given time during my cycle which isn't uncommon, but they aren't positive unless I'm about to ovulate, or have just ovulated, or I'm close to af in which case they aren't positive but dark.
I had a beta after my hpts one cycle kept going light then darker despite having af, but obviously hCG disappears faster out of blood than urine and sure enough my hpts were negative soon after. My blood came back as below 1.
I don't have PCOS, or a history of it.
This cycle I didn't get a very early positive, it was 10dpo which is quite common. I did ovulate earlier though at CD9, so perhaps that's what you read? That's unusual for me, I usually ovulate CD11 or CD12.
I have had earlier positives before, 7dpo. One cycle Fertilty Friend put me at 5dpo when I had a clear positive on ICs, but when I used the research detector it put me at 7dpo which would be more realistic. I was sceptical about when I ovulated that cycle so I think I probably did ovulate earlier than it put me at and I just had a slower increase in temps this cycle, which can happen sometimes.
I don't have any obvious reason for a hpt to be positive other than pregnancy. I have tested throughout my cycle at different times and I don't see a hint of a positive unless I'm in my lp and we conceived. This is now our 19th cycle (CD2) and out of those so far ten of them I have had positive tests, and I test every single cycle and the other cycles I didn't have any positives, so I honestly can't see any other reason why I would have positive tests unless we conceived. I think it's more likely there's a reason why I can't keep hold of them, rather than anything else. I haven't had any fertilty issues before, I have three children which were all regular, uncomplicated pregnancies and births. The only real differences now are I'm four years older, I was on implanon which caused me to bleed for a year, I had some real problems with eating for a while, and I started showing signs of low progesterone. Oh, and this cycle I passed a partial decidual cast at 9dpo, so this could possibly have been contributing as I read of someone else who had the same thing but then successfully got pregnant a couple of months after passing the cast

Jesse, I got pregnant with my daughter right after birth control and had a lot of pain right away. The pain is what made me think I was pregnant. I don't know if it was because I was pregnant or because my body was adjusting. I haven't had that pain this pregnancy.

I'm definitely out, AF showed her ugly face this morning.

Congrats on everyone who got BFP's this month, and to everyone who didn't - I'll be joining you in the January thread

Nuthatch- Did you try another test? I mean there are clearly two pink lines, but definitely a defective test.

I did that day and they were clearly bfn (it was just a defective test). I was only 8dpo, but i realized i hadnt gone to the bathroom in hours and was like "why not?" Serves me right...lol

Today, however, i got what i will call a proper bfp if the results are duplicated tomorrow morning.

So, i will say bfp if i get the same or darker tomorrow morning. Do the lines seem too far apart? It is very pink, but it seems too far from the control.

Attachments

• 20171215_084028.jpg
    20171215_084028.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
I'm glad you're not offended happycupcake.
I can't find any scientific articles either. That's probably because it's rare and there are no studies investigating this. Not saying that is the case with you but I think it's possible, in general.
I've had a chemical myself and I know that's what it was. As you do yourself. :hugs:

Nuthatch that’s definitely a positive. I’ve taken multiple FRER and the test lines always seem like to be in different spots

Hi ladies. May I join in? I'm testing on Christmas Eve.

:happydance: CONGRATS JUNBAIT!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->