December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Hey! How is everyone? I hope all mummies & babies are doing well :flower:

It's hard to get on here lately, been so busy :dohh: Charlies sleeping from 2am-8:30am Woohooo! So I'm getting decent sleep :D don't know why he seems to think 2am is his bedtime lol.

How does everyone administer gripe water? The one I bought doesn't come with a dropper, so I've been using the infacol one but I'm supposed to give 5ml of gripe water n the dropper is only 0.5 so in having to do 10 drops lol...luckily Charlie likes gripe water! It's the first day of using normal aptimil & gripe water, but I only used the gripe water on the last feed - all the other bottles without n they gave him tummy ache n he was back to his horrible screams. It seems to have worked now though, but will try throughout the day tomorrow. Have back up comfort milk just incase lol.

Packed away all his newborn clothes today :( my little boy is almost 7 weeks! He got weighed recently - 10lb8! Chunky Charles :D how much is everyones babies weighing now?

Anyone got some nice websites where I can buy some sleepsuits that aren't all baby blue? Charlie looks great in colour, n black as well but mothercare n mamas & papas have limited selection. Getting bored of baby blue :/

That exactly what i've been doing with the gripe water! It's impossible to do it otherwise on your own. I had no idea the dropper held so little though...I literally give him one squirt and it works! Stuff's amazing, but now I think how little he's had i'm wondering if it's all been in my head?
He's sleeping really well at night now and taking a very small feed at 4am approx. Which is great cause i've been expressing the other breast and building up a supply in the freezer. He's getting ready to drop that feed, it's very exciting! I can't imagine a real night's sleep...I'll probably have to get up and express anyway!

We did gripe water with a teaspoon yesterday. Before he's had it with boiled water over the spoon, but I figured it'd been through the dishwasher anyway :shrug:...may not have been wise, but I don't understand why everything has to be sterile. The infacol thing has been in his mouth so many times, the bottle must be full of breeding bacteria, neverloan all the fist-munching and weeing in his own face... - anyway, I sort of poured it into his mouth and he spluttered and spat most of it out. That stuff really needs to come with a dropper.

As for sleepsuits - We have a red one, one with robots and a starry one all in green red and blue. They're from M&S, tenner for 3 but I suspect that set has ran out now as they were really popular! They usually have some blue alternatives. I don't really have any baby-blue stuff unless it was ultra cheap sale or a present. I have one with navy and white stripes too and green edges, but that is from a long time ago - M&S also.

Also, try TK maxx, they have some mad but also lovely clothes for babies. I got him a bright romper in there in the other day that had guitars and records all over it, and a new sleeping bag for when he's bigger that was green and orange patterned with (yet more) robots.

I think Silas maybe about a stone now. He's enormous! Might get on the scales with him later when he wakes up (he doesnt sleep a lot in the day anymore - much less gets done!).

Hi everyone!! :)
Sorry it has been such a long time since I have been on- I just hardly go on the net now at all :)
I have my MIL with us now which has been amazing! She has to leave on friday though :( I wish she could stay forever!
Noah is not sleeping through lol like lots of your lo's are- I still dont think he will for a long time. But nevermind- I am so used to it now- sometimes though inbetween sleeps he wants to laugh and play :) hehe but most times he just wakes to be changed and fed and then back to sleep.
He is just toooo adorable ( very biased here) and is smiling so much and interacting with us almost as though he is "talking"- it is the cutest thing ever! 3 weeks ago we bought a video cam and have been recording every moment :)

I hope you are all well and enjoying your LO's very much !! xx

Here's one of the sleepsuits I was talking about. And a very special piccy with Great-Grandma x and a pic of us in-flight!

Mine's not sleeping through just yet, but i'm not in a hurry :)

Just weighed him and he's nearly a stone, 13.5 pounds on the normal scales but it flickered up to the next bit so I reckon 13 pounds 10oz or something! He fits 3-6 month vests :(

Attachments

• SilasEngl (10).jpg
    SilasEngl (10).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2
  • SilasEngl (35).jpg
    SilasEngl (35).jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
Has anyone opened a bank account for their LO yet? I want to do one by feel a little silly openingan account for a baby :dohh: xx

Im opening a savings account for her when i can be botherd to go get her full birth cert.

I got a £50 voucher from the government so really should put it in before its too late...im just lazy! :haha:

I just came thru the post after i applied for child benefit maybe.
I can't actually remember but i never asked for it, it just came in the post :shrug:

After looking i dont think il get it as i dident apply for child benifit in time

After looking i dont think il get it as i dident apply for child benifit in time

You will get it because she was born before cut off point - mine took 4 weeks after child benefit to come through...if you dont get it soon phone and ask for the voucher.

We set up a savings account that we pay a tenner into each month and an instant access account in her name to pay in the cheques she got when she was born.

we got our voucher for emily a couple of weeks ago.

kelly hope you have a lovely time! xxx

I got my voucher a while ago so need to open it.

We have our DNA test on tuesday...and if all goes well there might be some more Grandparents and a Daddy in Silas' life before long :cloud9:

Am I right in thinking the voucher is to open a trust fund? Xx

Yes a trust fund or a savings account.

Trust funds are dodgy, it reflects the stock market so you might get out less than you put in.

I got my tattoo today and the photo shoot was really good fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->