December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Glad your back Kelly! How was it? Hope you had a lovely time and got a nice tan! :haha:

Aww, thanks Girls for my Welcome back messages :hugs: I really missed chatting with you all & even whilst in Australia I was thinking of you all & wishing I could pop on & ask your advice

We had a good look around the areas we are thinking of living & have a better idea, we also looked at houses & rang up about jobs for DH :thumbup: Australia is lovely, so clean :winkwink: I really can imagine a life of taking the kids to the beach after school

But taking Meadow was hard work, she didnt like the heat & the total change in routine really unsettled her :cry: I would never recommend taking a small baby on holiday to a hot country at least :nope: You really cant enjoy the sights & attractions

We are on a rollercoaster of emotions right now, we know that we want to move from the Uk, but the extreme heat we had whilst in Australia was a bit off putting, also our 7year was (obsesively) worried about the spiders that can kill :cry: In fact he was bitten (by an ant we think) & he really got in a state, thinking he was going to die...:cry: So that concerns us

We know that so many people live in Australia & they just 'get used' to how to deal with the spider situation, but I worry about letting Meadow crawl...what if she was bitten? (irational mayby, as there were crawling babys out on the grass near where we lived)

So all in all...Im more mixed up than before I went :wacko:

Hi - we missed chatting to you to.

I have to admit the spider thing would be a MASSIVE problem for me -I cant even look at pictures of them or discuss it without getting shivers and goosebumps :nope:

I do love the laid back lifestyle - DH lived there for a while and really enjoyed it and New Zealand too.

Parental health being what it is though emigrating isnt an option for us

Mizze xx

Hi Kelly!

I understand, the thought of the kinds of bugs they have over there freaks me out, but i suppose millions of people live there and it really cant be THAT common to be bitten by a spider and die from it... I dont know stats though so dont quote me. If something is going to happen its going to happen, thats what i believe anyway... Aus sounds like such a great place to live would you consider not going there because JUST IN CASE you MAY get bitten by a spider? Im not trying to make it sound silly, this kind of thing would also play on my mind a lot when thinking about whether to move somewhere! But i suppose you just have to put things into perspective. It sounds like a fantastic place to be in the long term for you and the kids and for your OH's work.

My hubby has been thinking about us emigrating, he seems to think california is where we should be! Not sure why, lol xxxx

hi kelly welcome back!!!!
i am from oz-from melbourne and i lived in brisbane too... i understand your worries. you did however visit in summer which is much warmer than a uk summer, the heat is not always so intense and it also depends which state you wish to live in. and the spiders hehe.. they are scary but seriously the only ones i encountered were the harmless huntsman and that was hiding in our shed. you don't see really see them.. you just have to make sure your kids know how to recognise the different types.
oz is an amazing place to live , a great place to raise a family too. it's so huge.. you can ski in the winter.. head to the beach.. whatever you fancy it's there. and the place is so cosmopolitan too :) life is very easy there :) i hope you dont not go cause of the heat (which is nothing compared to dubai hehe ) and the spiders who are hiding away :)
Good luck!!! xxx

Thanks so much Girls...:hugs:

I think jet-lag isnt helping & also the trip was a bit stressfull, as we were trying to cram it all in :wacko: With a baby, it wasnt easy at all

But as each day goes by, I am starting to miss the place ~ The clear blue skys are beautiful & cheer your day :thumbup:

Hi kelly!! hope you had a lovely time how are you and Meadow?

I really dont check in here any more i miss chatting on here so much! I miss all the TTC banter too before I got pregnant lol!

So miss being pregnant I really want another baby in my belly though not sure I could handle two babies right now just the pregnant part ha ha

\hope everyone is doing well?

Ava is getting weighed on Monday when she has her second lot of injections really not looking forward to that! She screamed for 30 mins non stop last time she was inconsolable! :(

She weighed 12lb 1oz at 8 weeks though so she's a big un! Been in 3-6 month clothes since 2 month old yikes! Shes really long though! here are some recent pictures! She's so funny just discovered her feet and spents hours talking to her right foot lol and she's very noisy and chatty. So glad the colic has gone its been a long 10 weeks as she had it from 2 weeks old!

I'm ok having a mammoth period the bathroom is like a horror scene when I've been in there at the moment lol. Still really sore in the abdomen area not sure how long its supposed to take to stop aching and being sore! Wondering if I have adhesions or a bit of infection :(

AWW!

Just look at Ava! :cloud9:

um..how come our tickers say Ava and Silas are exactly the same age? She was born on the 29th and he was born on the 31st! That's odd.

kelly the spider thign would be in my mind aswell and snakes? i love the heat but to much for me and i get really grumpy. i hope you make the right choice.

Ava's bandana bib is cool!

Aaaaw Ness Ava looks so adorable!! :) too cute... I want to get one of those seat things...at this age how long may they sit in it at a time? Hope you're doing well... Noah has his injections too at his 4 month check in 2 weeks, which I'm dreading !! :(

Hope all the other ladies are doin well too !

xx

Aw thanks girls I think we have some pretty cute babies from our DD ladies ;)

Wishingfor I don't leave her in it longer than a few minutes as it's to be used from 4 months! Noah is adorable and you look so well too!

Emma I've no idea why the tickers are the same that's very strange!

Its sooo quiet on here now! Really miss all our chats....Pleaseeee come back :hugs:

Meadow had her 2nd lot of jabs yesterday & I was shocked to hear they have 3 (yes 3!) jabs in a months time :cry:

Ailsa sits in her bumbo for about 10-15 mins before she gets tired and starts grizzling!

And yes its 3 jabs at 16 weeks (ish) Ailsa had hers a week ago and was fien with them, screamed at the time but calmed down pretty quickly and then was fine as if nothing had happened, apart from one of the jab sites came up red with a bit of a lump but didn;t seem to be bothering her!

Ness those photos of Ava are lovely! :)

Caitlyn has her 2nd lot of jabs on the 13th April - really not looking forward to it - she bled for several minutes after the first ones and it was dreadful. :nope: I felt really protective of her for the rest of the week and even after she stopped crying she had this awful sad look on her face for hours :cry::cry: Made me so tearful!

Mizze xx

Oh dear I dread the jabs too.. Noah has had some when he was born, 2 weeks, 2months and again at 4 months and then again at 6 months :( boo...
I am not on FB either... so I will still be hanging round here LOL :) xxx

Just make a FB you don't need to put a picture or anything just so you can chat to us xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->