• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Hi girls just on my phone checking in for the first time really since Ava was born wide awake after a really unsettled night!

Hope everyone is ok?

I'm doing well after my section and the transfusion etc still sore but numb at the same time! I'm having the hormone crash at the moment can't stop crying and Me n OH are snappy and off with each other all the time.

Ava is amazin so in love with her!

I'm struggling with my conscience at the moment feel like I gave up on BF too soon but it was agony and all she did was scream with hunger all the time but shes a big baby and with the section etc wondering if it's all affected my milk. Been squeezing daily and trying to grin and bear the pain and have her latch on to encourage my milk but there's hardly anything there.

Been giving her 2fl oz every 3 hours with a top up of 1fl oz if needed but she seems to be sick all the time were winding her constantly too. I'm scared to sleep at night after she's had a feed in case she's sick and she chokes on it - the sounds they make are worrying enough!

Her poo looks like broccoli bits too the tree bits is that normal??

I know it sounds alfull but i am glad it wasnt just me who had that problem, after my section, we tried latching Immy on each time she was hungry and my boobs were just way too sore even though they felt full nothing at all was coming out, not even a dribble..

I too think somethink from the section made my milk change or something change.

but saying that, my milk has finally come in a week later even though we are giving her formula (SMA 4oz every 3 hours gove or take a little), and now i leak everywhere :/ last night it leaked so much that i had to change my top and trousers lol.

I read to lay off of lotions on the head and to try a gentle cleanser twice a day. Most websites just say that it is very common and it goes away on its own.:shrug:

Yeah, Meadow has these spots on her forehead :kiss:

I was slathering her in lotions & oils ~ because she has dry skin...But have stopped now, so good advice :thumbup:

and dnt beat yrself up over the bf, i would say from what mws told me in hosp that the section and everything really has messed up yr supply and coming from someone who struggled to bf for 4 months with Wil i can say that it really wasn't worth all the stress it upset me and him and until i gave up he was a really unsettled baby but as soon as that weight was lifted from me and i was happier he was like a different baby. you have to do what works for you and yr baby and as long as you are happy and relaxed and stress free then baby will be happy and content as well and there really is nothing worse than a hungry screaming baby!
:hug:

What a lovely thing to write & you are so right too....An unhappy mummy makes an un-happy baby/family

I too am thin king of stopping b/f as I keep suffering with blocked ducts & pain...But I will do it slowly & not feel guilty :flower:

Ness...You mustnt feel bad, your LO doesnt care where she gets her milk from, as long as she has a full tummy :baby::winkwink:

Thats good Lozzy! Think Freddie is following the 25th centile :happydance:, after they worried me in hospital!!

Niamh is on the 98th :rofl: Only cos she was early so they have to mark her 5 weeks back. If she was term she would be on the 50th.

Yep, the HV commented on the fact that shes developing normaly considering she was early and dosent think she was early yet my BFP and scan say she was.

I think they cant really tell...i worked out from when i conceived, coz i knew exactly when it was. It was 28th November but my scan etc said 2nd December :shrug:

me again! hope everyone's doing great!

i must say i have been blessed with such a sweet baby. knock on wood! she only gets fussy when she isn't fed quickly enough when she demands it, but other than that... wow! she's awake very often and long intervals which surprised me, as i always imagined "newborns sleep soooo much", but when she's awake she's very content. only have to get up once during the night now as well. go to bed at midnight and this morning she only woke at 5:30, got fed and slept another 3.5h. now if only she would stop "talking" in her sleep, so i could get some really good sleep as well...:dohh: exclusively expressing breastmilk is working out perfectly for us. i went to the hospital yesterday and rented a medela lactina double pump. amazing how it cuts the time for pumping in half and gets more out!!!

back to work next weekend. ugh! can't believe i really have to do it, but i do. FOB is going to watch her. let's see how all that will work out, especially how & where i'll be able to pump at work. guess they'll have to put me in a manager's office...:shrug:

one question: is it normal for my LO to moan & groan/ huff & puff quite a bit??? after a feed for example i'll burp her and she'll be on my shoulders making these interesting sounds or i'll have her on my lap and will entertain her and she starts groaning but doesn't seem uncomfortable or wanting anything else... hmmm!????

Does anyone elses LO have lots of wind (bottom end)..... She is formula fed, and is winded and not much comes up, but throughout the day she has lots of 'bottom burps' - some of which must hurt a bit as they make her cry!!!

HV said its one of those things, and theres not much you can do, but if anyone else has experienced this and found something that helped them..... please let me know :)

Other to that she is a very good baby and only cries when she wants her milk ....... well she screams til she gets it so I am very organised to ensure theres always one prepared or on is way............ and she is generally going 6 hours between feeds in the night :happydance:

one question: is it normal for my LO to moan & groan/ huff & puff quite a bit??? after a feed for example i'll burp her and she'll be on my shoulders making these interesting sounds or i'll have her on my lap and will entertain her and she starts groaning but doesn't seem uncomfortable or wanting anything else... hmmm!????

Eloise makes very strange noises once she has been fed, but she is bottle fed (not sure if that makes any difference :shrug: )and has a bit of a cold at the moment. She tends to make more of a squeaking sound ;) x

Had to go to an 'emergency' doctors appointment today, due to pain & lumps in boobs...:cry:

Turns out I an suffering with mastitus in one boob & have got anti-biotics....Also have a small infection in my csection scar, which doctor said anti-biotics should hopefully clear too....FX :flower:

Had to go to an 'emergency' doctors appointment today, due to pain & lumps in boobs...:cry:

Turns out I an suffering with mastitus in one boob & have got anti-biotics....Also have a small infection in my csection scar, which doctor said anti-biotics should hopefully clear too....FX :flower:

Ooh that sounds painful - Hope you feel better soon Kelly :hugs: x

I think I am going to start weaning LO over to formula now...:flower:

I wish I was one of those 'lucky' ladies that b/f really works for, but im not & its giving me too much pain, day & night....Which makes me stroppy with DH & DS's...:cry:

So, those that are f/f....Please share any tips you have...:thumbup: Im already baffled about these new guidelines that you should make each feed 'fresh' :dohh:

Kelly its all to do with bacteria growing. You need the water to be above 70 when you make it so kill the bacteria in the powder and have to use it with in 2 hours or the bacteria levels rise again.

me again! hope everyone's doing great!

i must say i have been blessed with such a sweet baby. knock on wood! she only gets fussy when she isn't fed quickly enough when she demands it, but other than that... wow! she's awake very often and long intervals which surprised me, as i always imagined "newborns sleep soooo much", but when she's awake she's very content. only have to get up once during the night now as well. go to bed at midnight and this morning she only woke at 5:30, got fed and slept another 3.5h. now if only she would stop "talking" in her sleep, so i could get some really good sleep as well...:dohh: exclusively expressing breastmilk is working out perfectly for us. i went to the hospital yesterday and rented a medela lactina double pump. amazing how it cuts the time for pumping in half and gets more out!!!

back to work next weekend. ugh! can't believe i really have to do it, but i do. FOB is going to watch her. let's see how all that will work out, especially how & where i'll be able to pump at work. guess they'll have to put me in a manager's office...:shrug:

Does she squirm when she makes the noises too? When Lyra does it I usually find I can get another burp ou of her if I try long enough xx

Its been a rough day :/

Immy had a spell of projectile sickness again this morning (if i didnt mention it before, she did it last night, i cannot remember if i posted about it) and ever since she had been taken little and often say an oz every hour or 2.

The MW came round, and she said Immy has some mucus on her chest, maybe a little bit of a cold, so that might be why. She said its normal for there tummys to react like that if they think theres infection.
Also told her that she seems a little constipated, her Poo's seem to be one little round ball, like a big malteaser lol. She said thats normal too.

Think its going to be rough night trying to get her to settle after a feed, she likes to be up for a little bit sometimes inbetween, or she screams if its a poo and straining for it come out :/ i dunno what to do if its a bad night x

Googily Ava is a bit like that - she was born by c section (think you said Immy was too?) and it's normal for them to have more mucous than usual,and Mw told me them being sick is how they get it up too as they can't cough like us.

Ava makes panting noises too Minch and funny little noises some of it scares me in the night I end up getting up to check on her all the time!

Kelly bf isn't coming easily to me either I struggled after my section with bleeding and raw nipples and she was screaming all the time so I went onto formula I'm trying yo express to stimulate my milk now as it's not come through even though I've been trying to stimulate since she was put on formula.

I never noticed my milk coming in, no engorgment nothing, it just changed colour and i could express a bit more but not by much.

Went and got some fenugreek today to see if that helps my supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->