• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Hope immy is better soon!

My HV is trying to kill me, she told us that excusivly breastfeeding is as effective as the pill at preventing pregnancy :dohh: it's a good job I took it with a pinch of salt, OH thinks her word is law though and I'm just trying to avoid doing the deed. Xx

My HV said the same thing - I'm not risking it though!

That's interesting! I'm in 2 minds tbh, I know it reduces your chances and were not the most fertile anyway, took 13 months to conceive Lyra...OH thinks the risk is slim to none but I'm a little more sceptical. I wouldn't mind getting pregnant again rigt away since I had such an easy pregnancy and birth but I'm worried I wouldn't be able to enjoy Lyra as much if we had another so soon. Xx

That's interesting! I'm in 2 minds tbh, I know it reduces your chances and were not the most fertile anyway, took 13 months to conceive Lyra...OH thinks the risk is slim to none but I'm a little more sceptical. I wouldn't mind getting pregnant again rigt away since I had such an easy pregnancy and birth but I'm worried I wouldn't be able to enjoy Lyra as much if we had another so soon. Xx

In that situation I might be tempted to chance it then :flower:

We are planning are waiting til Ivy is one to start TTC #2 but we were lucky and conceived her at literally the 1st attempt and now OH thinks he has super sperm!

Im thinking of taking the fenugreek for milk supply lozzy do u know how much you can and should take going to get some tomorrow x

We thought we weren't overly fertile either Aimee took 14 months to conceive but alexander took us by surprise 2nd cycle of tryin!! I think you're more fertile after your first sometimes!
We didn't use anything after we had aimee, I just used opks or signs of ov & avoided dtd at that time! I wasn't bothered if it happened sooner than planned really

We thought we weren't overly fertile either Aimee took 14 months to conceive but alexander took us by surprise 2nd cycle of tryin!! I think you're more fertile after your first sometimes!
We didn't use anything after we had aimee, I just used opks or signs of ov & avoided dtd at that time! I wasn't bothered if it happened sooner than planned really

Lol it's stories like this that make me think twice! Did you bf Amiee? Xx

Been talking with my h/v this morning about changing to f/f & she was very supportive :hugs: I explained how it gets me down, I am snappy with my family & when I b/f I dissapear up to my bedroom, as dont really want an audience when im in pain & also squirting milk everywhere :nope:

I am in alot of pain with the blocked ducts & mastitus, cant wait for the anti-biotics to start working :cry: Im taking constant painkillers too!

Just gave Meadow her first bottle, I was worried she wouldnt take to it, as she doesnt even like a dummy! But she took it & had 2 ounces (she wasnt that hungry, as had a small b/f a while before) Gonna up to two bottles tommorow :thumbup:

No pixxie I only breastfed Aimee for a week!

Kelly - I'm now totally FF! You have to do what works for you & your family! You have given meadow a great start :)

Thankyou Nikki :hugs:

I am totally confident I am making the right decision, but am a little worried about all the aspects of bottle feeding now, just dont wanna make her sick :nope: Hate the new guidelines about making feeds as you go :dohh:

I am gonna be in alot more pain, as I need to get my supply down, but also try & get rid of the mastitus :cry: Eekk ~ This is so difficult :dohh:

Kelly I make them up fresh during the day but make two up for the night so all i need to do it take it out the fridge and put it some hot water from the tap to take the chill out of it.

Hi girls just on my phone checking in for the first time really since Ava was born wide awake after a really unsettled night!

Hope everyone is ok?

I'm doing well after my section and the transfusion etc still sore but numb at the same time! I'm having the hormone crash at the moment can't stop crying and Me n OH are snappy and off with each other all the time.

Ava is amazin so in love with her!

I'm struggling with my conscience at the moment feel like I gave up on BF too soon but it was agony and all she did was scream with hunger all the time but shes a big baby and with the section etc wondering if it's all affected my milk. Been squeezing daily and trying to grin and bear the pain and have her latch on to encourage my milk but there's hardly anything there.

Been giving her 2fl oz every 3 hours with a top up of 1fl oz if needed but she seems to be sick all the time were winding her constantly too. I'm scared to sleep at night after she's had a feed in case she's sick and she chokes on it - the sounds they make are worrying enough!

Her poo looks like broccoli bits too the tree bits is that normal??

Hey good to hear from you Ness, I was abit worried about Eva's poo when it started to change i said to MW it looked like mustard seeds an she said its normal, they call it grainy poo.

Does anyone elses LO have lots of wind (bottom end)..... She is formula fed, and is winded and not much comes up, but throughout the day she has lots of 'bottom burps' - some of which must hurt a bit as they make her cry!!!

HV said its one of those things, and theres not much you can do, but if anyone else has experienced this and found something that helped them..... please let me know :)

Other to that she is a very good baby and only cries when she wants her milk ....... well she screams til she gets it so I am very organised to ensure theres always one prepared or on is way............ and she is generally going 6 hours between feeds in the night :happydance:

Eva dose have a lots of wind from the bum, id say she farts more than burps lol dosnt hurt her that she is in tears tho?

Its been a rough day :/

Immy had a spell of projectile sickness again this morning (if i didnt mention it before, she did it last night, i cannot remember if i posted about it) and ever since she had been taken little and often say an oz every hour or 2.

The MW came round, and she said Immy has some mucus on her chest, maybe a little bit of a cold, so that might be why. She said its normal for there tummys to react like that if they think theres infection.
Also told her that she seems a little constipated, her Poo's seem to be one little round ball, like a big malteaser lol. She said thats normal too.

Think its going to be rough night trying to get her to settle after a feed, she likes to be up for a little bit sometimes inbetween, or she screams if its a poo and straining for it come out :/ i dunno what to do if its a bad night x

Eva was sick after a few feeds and Mw said its probz because she needs winding for longer, she said even rubbing her back and not hearing her burp helps so she said pat an rub her back for a little longer than id normally do and it worked :thumbup:

Health vistor is coming out to see us today, eva weighed 6lb 2oz last time, i can tell she is getting abit heavier in my arms.
And we our hoping to be in our new house by the end of the week, went and done food shoping and bought the last bits n bobs yesterday, just need to unpack some things once we get in.

Kelly I make them up fresh during the day but make two up for the night so all i need to do it take it out the fridge and put it some hot water from the tap to take the chill out of it.

Thanks Lozzy :hugs:

I think I may just do that too, as its impossible to wait for the kettle to cool for half an hour when you have a hungry crying baby in the middle of the night :dohh:

Also, I pre-made bottles with both DS1&DS2 & they were always fine! :winkwink:

I am totally confident I am making the right decision, but am a little worried about all the aspects of bottle feeding now, just dont wanna make her sick :nope: Hate the new guidelines about making feeds as you go :dohh:

I am gonna be in alot more pain, as I need to get my supply down, but also try & get rid of the mastitus :cry: Eekk ~ This is so difficult :dohh:

Its abit of a pain during the night, im half sleeping making bottle then waiting for it to cool :coffee: I prefer to make them as i need them tho.

Its abit of a pain during the night, im half sleeping making bottle then waiting for it to cool :coffee: I prefer to make them as i need them tho.

Thanks :hugs: Think I will do what Lozzy does, make as needed in the day & then middle of noght ones have all ready (or I may try the pre-made cartons for night feeds:winkwink:)

Good luck with your house move :thumbup:

I made bottles up in advance with Aimee & she's just fine :) I don't really do it for Alex tho!

I made bottles up in advance with Aimee & she's just fine :) I don't really do it for Alex tho!

Isnt it amazing how our older children survived, what with all these new rules & reg's! :wacko: Its madness sometimes

It was the same with the vaccinations, when lots of people wanted the single jabs, the way I looked on it, my 1st Son had it & he was Ok (it sounds like I am saying he is a guinea pig! :haha:)

Its got worse as the years have gone on, but I am happy to say, my 18 year is very healthy :thumbup:

Does anyone elses LO have lots of wind (bottom end)..... She is formula fed, and is winded and not much comes up, but throughout the day she has lots of 'bottom burps' - some of which must hurt a bit as they make her cry!!!

HV said its one of those things, and theres not much you can do, but if anyone else has experienced this and found something that helped them..... please let me know :)

Other to that she is a very good baby and only cries when she wants her milk ....... well she screams til she gets it so I am very organised to ensure theres always one prepared or on is way............ and she is generally going 6 hours between feeds in the night :happydance:

Ailsa farts a lot but it doesn't seem to bother her - dh and ds are very farty to so think its in her genes!!!

I think I am going to start weaning LO over to formula now...:flower:

I wish I was one of those 'lucky' ladies that b/f really works for, but im not & its giving me too much pain, day & night....Which makes me stroppy with DH & DS's...:cry:

So, those that are f/f....Please share any tips you have...:thumbup: Im already baffled about these new guidelines that you should make each feed 'fresh' :dohh:

when we put the steriliser on we fill the kettle with fresh water and boil it and then by time the bottles sterile its cooled down a bit then we put the right amount of water in the bottles and put these in the fridge that way we just need to add formula and warm the bottle when she wants one - mw and hv both have said this is fine. we do 5 bottles at a time and then put the stereliser on when we take the last bottle out the fridge.

i think it can be effective from what i've seen when looking at post baby contraception but u have to be exclusively bf at regular intervals etc - personally i wouldn't trust bf alone as contraception!
this is the page i read about bf contraception https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/newparents/contraception.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->