December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

I make up bottles in advance. I boil the kettle and let it cool n make up all the bottles with just the wster n put them all in the fridge. I make up enough for about 12hrs so i do it twice a day. I then take out a bottle as i need it n add the formula n then warm it. Oliver gets hungry very suddenlt n just screams so making up a bottle 100% fresh every time wouldnt suit us.

You would think HV would all say the same thing. My told me its better to make the bottels up compleatly in advace as the hot water kills the bacteria in the formula and then keep in the fridge than to add the formula to cold water as the bugs dont get killed off.

i guess they all have their own opinions on guidelines etc but the way we're doing it dh did it like this for his son and hes ok and a healthy 4 year old now, i think u just do what suits u using a bit of common sense!

the reason we do 5 at a time ducky is cause our stereliser will only take 5 of our bottles!!!

Thankyou Nikki :hugs:

I am totally confident I am making the right decision, but am a little worried about all the aspects of bottle feeding now, just dont wanna make her sick :nope: Hate the new guidelines about making feeds as you go :dohh:

I am gonna be in alot more pain, as I need to get my supply down, but also try & get rid of the mastitus :cry: Eekk ~ This is so difficult :dohh:

Kelly, I have FF from day one, and we use cartons at night (one carton makes 2 feeds of 100ml - and we put the spare one in a cooler bag until we need it).

But, you can put the boiling water in to a flask at night, and mix it with the formula when you need it - then just run it under the tap or put it in to a jug of cold water to cool it to drinking temperature (saves going downstairs to boil kettles in the night!!!).

Eloise is having 120ml per feed every 4 hours in the day and 6 hours at night - but I make up the bottle to 150ml (as per instructions on carton - Aptamil) as sometimes she takes a bit more. :) x She screams the house down as soon as she wakes if her bottle isnt ready, so I have to be prepared in advance..... luckily she is like clockwork in the day, so 3 1/2 hours after the last feed I have the kettle boiled ready for the next feed :) x

The birth to 5 book that you get from your Health Visitor/Midwife goes through how to make up bottles (they always suggest fresh - and DH wont let me make them in advance)..... but it does say if you go out you can make them in advance??? and also they confirm you can use a flask - might be worth having a look at that book if you have one?

Thanks for all your great advice, I really mean that :hugs:

Now, any advice on getting my milk to go...:shrug::cry:

Cabbage leaves in your bra, wrapped really tight! Also decongestent like in Lemsip is supposed to dry you up quick :thumbup:
I have heard rave reviews about the cold cabbage leaves tho :haha:

I think it will go quicker if you go cold turkey, Any stimulation will tell them to make more milk.

Whats every one doing about holidays this year?

i heard a mw telling a lass in hosp to use savvoy cabbage leaves in herr bra to dry her milk up and apparently she said it had to b savvoy cabbage!!!!

i don't epect we'll do anything again, dh only gets 15 bookable days to use and can only use 1 week in the school summer hols so by the time hes had time off to see his kids down south in the summer thats it!

Whats every one doing about holidays this year?

I think we will just hire a log cabin in Devon or Yorkshire - or somewhere like centre parcs.

We dont really want to take Eloise on a Plane whilst she is so small, but we want to go back to the Maldives before she is 2 so will have to see how we feel next year, as its a long flight (11 hours) ............ I am sure in a few years she will want to go to Disneyland and places like that, so we had better make the most of it ;) x

I think we are going to visit my dad this summer in Virginia(abt 10 hrs away)

NEXT year we want to take the kids to Mexico. DH and I have been a few times and loved it.

It will be UK hols this year... Center parcs, yorkshire etc. Maybe towards the end of the yr we may go to cyprus or somewhere. But seeing as OH proposed xmas day :happydance: and we wanna get married in apr/may/jun 2012 we have a wedding and honeymoon to save up for :)

Ducky I didnt know OH had proposed. Congratulations.

Chloe :kiss:

We were thinking of a cruise and taking DH's Mum with us too - from Southampton so no flying/luggage nonsense but they are so expensive. DH has family in Ireland and the ferries go from here so it would be nice perhaps to do that.

Mizze xx

Thanks Mizze :hugs:
Where the hell is baby Mizze at??!! Can you tell her from me that as the last dreamer she really needs to come out now! :haha:

Aw ducky I didn't know he'd proposed!! Congratulations Hun :hugs:

I read here everyday but don't get chance to post much - sorry! I have a toddler tornado on the go from 6am-8pm every day lol

Aw ducky I didn't know he'd proposed!! Congratulations Hun :hugs:

I read here everyday but don't get chance to post much - sorry! I have a toddler tornado on the go from 6am-8pm every day lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->