December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

congrats ducky! xxxx

we are going to majorca in june :D

Thankyou Nikki :hugs:

I am totally confident I am making the right decision, but am a little worried about all the aspects of bottle feeding now, just dont wanna make her sick :nope: Hate the new guidelines about making feeds as you go :dohh:

I am gonna be in alot more pain, as I need to get my supply down, but also try & get rid of the mastitus :cry: Eekk ~ This is so difficult :dohh:

Its abit of a pain during the night, im half sleeping making bottle then waiting for it to cool :coffee: I prefer to make them as i need them tho.

Thanks :hugs: Think I will do what Lozzy does, make as needed in the day & then middle of noght ones have all ready (or I may try the pre-made cartons for night feeds:winkwink:)

Good luck with your house move :thumbup:

We got some of the cartoons the other day when we where out shopping, they are handy never thought about using them at night, would save alot of sleep walkin to the kitchen and back lol
Hoping to move into the house tomarrow or friday morning im abit nervous but looking forard to it :d

Whats every one doing about holidays this year?

I dont go away anywhere sunny lol i dont have a passport, but we normally visit OH's parents in Manchester, we will prob do that towards the end of the year then Eva will be a good enough age to fly :thumbup:

Eva got weighed again today, she is now 6lb 8oz she has put 12oz on from birth :D

Eva got weighed again today, she is now 6lb 8oz she has put 12oz on from birth :D

:happydance: Yey....Great news :baby:

I think we will just hire a log cabin in Devon or Yorkshire - or somewhere like centre parcs.

We dont really want to take Eloise on a Plane whilst she is so small, but we want to go back to the Maldives before she is 2 so will have to see how we feel next year, as its a long flight (11 hours) ............ I am sure in a few years she will want to go to Disneyland and places like that, so we had better make the most of it ;) x

We have always loved Centerparcs holidays....:thumbup:

Wow, the Maldives, you lucky thing :winkwink: I bet its amazing there :coolio:

But seeing as OH proposed xmas day :happydance: and we wanna get married in apr/may/jun 2012 we have a wedding and honeymoon to save up for :)

:happydance: Many Congratulations Ducky :wedding:

I think it will go quicker if you go cold turkey, Any stimulation will tell them to make more milk.

Eek! Cold turkey would literally kill me :cry: I can hardly move now & ive only missed one feed! :sad2:

We are emigrating to Australia!....:boat::dance:

But if we werent...A Centerparcs holiday would be on the list :thumbup:

Awww thanks guys :) I just realised I never even posted it on here. The proposal kind of got a little overshadowed by babies 1st xmas and the baby in general TBH :haha: haven't really had time for it to sink in yet.

Bit miffed with HV today. She weighed him and he was 3.9kg, that's what's written in his red book and I saw it myself on the scales, so I convert it myself and he's actually 8lb 6oz and not the 8lb9oz she said he was! I know it's only 3oz and not even a big deal... mistakes happen but I'm overtired and grumpy so it's allowed to annoy me :rofl:

AWk congrats Ducky bet you cant wait x

It still doesn't feel real. I've waited 5 and a half yrs for this proposal and now it's happened it still doesn't feel real :rofl: cant wait for oliver to walk with me down the aisle though :)

:cry::cry::cry::cry:OMG :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

This pain is immense :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Probably one of the worst pains ive ever had...I know im gonna be feeding her soon & dont know which breast to feed from (probably the infected one to drain it)....But im trying to reduce the milk production :wacko: So many things to think/worry about & I dont know if im doing it right?

Have posted a thread in the formula & breastfeeding sections...But not had many replies yet :nope:

Tried to ring my health visitor & she wasnt there :nope:

Help me....Someone please, im in floods of tears :cry::cry::cry::cry:

AWk congrats Ducky bet you cant wait x

It still doesn't feel real. I've waited 5 and a half yrs for this proposal and now it's happened it still doesn't feel real :rofl: cant wait for oliver to walk with me down the aisle though :)

:cry::cry::cry::cry:OMG :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

This pain is immense :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Probably one of the worst pains ive ever had...I know im gonna be feeding her soon & dont know which breast to feed from (probably the infected one to drain it)....But im trying to reduce the milk production :wacko: So many things to think/worry about & I dont know if im doing it right?

Have posted a thread in the formula & breastfeeding sections...But not had many replies yet :nope:

Tried to ring my health visitor & she wasnt there :nope:

Help me....Someone please, im in floods of tears :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Try not to panic, sorry i cant help i dont no much about BF as i FF, :hugs::hugs:

What is it exactly thats wrong kelly? Im no expert but happy to give advice n help any way i can.

Kelly massive hugs! Would it hurt less to hand express & FF Meadow tonight?

Kelly cold turkey will hurt but it will hurt for less time. You will be best of FF her tonight and just express off enough to make you more comfortable. In the morning id ring your GP and see if they can give you something to get rid of the milk

Thanks Girls :hugs: I really mean that :hugs:

DH is back with the cabbage & is currently chilling it in the freezer

I think what you suggest Nikki is a great idea :thumbup: Do you think my milk would start to dry up quicker that way too?

Perhaps stop totally now, as ive just feed her & she is already crying & rooting :wacko:

Meadow has been so unsettled & feeding very often, since yesterday, but not for long...I had no idea what was the matter with her & DH was saying we should take her to doctors....

I have just done some research & found that its probably due to her only taking the foremilk :dohh:

https://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html

Kelly cold turkey will hurt but it will hurt for less time. You will be best of FF her tonight and just express off enough to make you more comfortable. In the morning id ring your GP and see if they can give you something to get rid of the milk

Thanks Lozzy...:hugs:

I really think im gonna do this now :flower:

Hubby thinks its a good idea too :thumbup:

So, am gonna make a couple of bottles ready for the night feeds, can i check with those that f/f....Once ive let kettle sit for half an hour, then i pour my water in the bottles, mix the formula in & then will I then cool the bottle 'before' putting in fridge or put in fridge when still warm? :shrug:

Oh & another question please :blush:....

When I express a little to relieve the pain, how much/how long should i do it for & how often? :shrug:

Thanks again everyone for your help & support :hugs:

You should cool them a bit before puttin in the fridge so they dont rase the temp of the fridge.

As for expressing just do it when you need to and only just enough to make you feel comfortable, you want to stimulate them as little as possible.

Thanks again Lozzy :hugs:

I really dont know what i'd do without your Girls :hugs: Ive finally stopped crying & now have a plan, so already feel better :thumbup:

No probs hun. :hugs:

My child is trying to beat me up today, between scratching me and trying to pull my nipples off i dunno whats worse :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->