December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

They're fine, no sign of teeth yet with Xander but he's always so smiley! Aimee is well into the terrible 2s so that's fun! Lol

Meadow had toast today!

I was so nervous, but she did so well :thumbup:

Aww bless her! we had pancakes for breakfast and Ailsa looked so upset she wasn't involved or having any so i sat her in her highchair with a rice cake instead!!!! Lol!!!

Those Mums that are giving their LO's finger foods ~ Can you give me some starter ideas please

Im thinking of trying watermelon soon ~ She had banana in strips last night, but wasnt over keen, think it was a bit slippy! :dohh:

Kelly, Niamh loves pitta bread and hummus. Bread sticks are a good starter, toast, plum and organix do some good baby snacks. Fruit can be a bit tricky as its slippy.

I'm a bit late in joining here... I don't know how you ladies do it, I NEVER seem to have any time!!!

Jack-Dylan, Born 10.12.10, 8lb14oz.

He's sleeping from 7pm till 6am, which is fantastic. But I keep being stupid and staying up past 11... I'm doing chores and cooking dinner until 9.30pm! And that's without getting a wash or catching up on any soaps lol. So then it's always gone 11 when I get to bed. I remember the days when I was complaining about only getting 2 hours sleep a night, so I know I'm doing muuuuch better. But it's not enough sleep really. As far as JD goes, I know I'm doing a good job, but the house is a shambles and I'm a shambles! lol. I WILL go to bed early tonight! lol.

Also, I'm TERRIFIED of finger foods! JD has two front teeth now (First was 19.6.10 and second came in on 7.7.11) , which he bites everything with! And i'm terrified of him choking. He's always been great with his solids, but now I'm worried I'm going to hold him back with my fear :( I give him bickipegs to bite on, but they don't count lol. I've given him toast, rusks, carrots and other things, which he chews on, but before he's really gotten a chance to enjoy them I've snatched them away to check he hasn't bitten any lumps off :-/

He was 7 months yesterday so within this week I'm going to attempt it properly again. How do I manage those lumpies though? I'm scared!!

Meadow had toast today!

I was so nervous, but she did so well :thumbup:

Awww!

I'm a bit late in joining here... I don't know how you ladies do it, I NEVER seem to have any time!!!

Jack-Dylan, Born 10.12.10, 8lb14oz.

He's sleeping from 7pm till 6am, which is fantastic. But I keep being stupid and staying up past 11... I'm doing chores and cooking dinner until 9.30pm! And that's without getting a wash or catching up on any soaps lol. So then it's always gone 11 when I get to bed. I remember the days when I was complaining about only getting 2 hours sleep a night, so I know I'm doing muuuuch better. But it's not enough sleep really. As far as JD goes, I know I'm doing a good job, but the house is a shambles and I'm a shambles! lol. I WILL go to bed early tonight! lol.

Also, I'm TERRIFIED of finger foods! JD has two front teeth now (First was 19.6.10 and second came in on 7.7.11) , which he bites everything with! And i'm terrified of him choking. He's always been great with his solids, but now I'm worried I'm going to hold him back with my fear :( I give him bickipegs to bite on, but they don't count lol. I've given him toast, rusks, carrots and other things, which he chews on, but before he's really gotten a chance to enjoy them I've snatched them away to check he hasn't bitten any lumps off :-/

He was 7 months yesterday so within this week I'm going to attempt it properly again. How do I manage those lumpies though? I'm scared!!

Hi Della! :wave: Leave the chores and go to bed!! :)

Fingerfoods are scary - Caitlyn isnt 6 months till Thursday so I havent tried any yet but I know I will be on pins the whole time

Soooo - 3 nights in to trying the BW pu/pd method and im a TOTAL convert! 4 nights ago I got no sleep C refused to sleep unless in my arms or even in bed sleeping ontop of me - she had been getting steadily worse. So I tried the Baby Whisperer site and after 3 nights she self settled after 5 minutes :happydance::happydance:and after feeding went back without fuss. Now if I can just get myself to sleep without listening to her every breath we will be sorted! :)

Mizze xx

Ailsa has had toast, rice cakes and strawberries mainly, I just give her a whole strawberry and she shov es the whole thing in her mouth and has a good ole gum and suck and befre I know it after pulling a few funny faces shes eaten it!!!

Heres a few up to date pics one of which is her after demolishing a strawberry!!

Attachments

• DSCN1336.jpg
    DSCN1336.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN1348.jpg
    DSCN1348.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN1354.jpg
    DSCN1354.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1
Im not sure really, i give her anything and everything. Yesterday she was chomping on a chunk of lamb left over from the roast. Shes had home made wedges and fat free chips, burger, fishcake, fruit, veg.

Oh Wow Lozzy ~ Niamh is doing so well :happydance:

Im really at the first stages of finger foods & so far its been toast, banana & toast!!! :dohh:

anything that'll melt in the mouth is best for first stages such as rice cakes, well-steamed veggies such as carrot sticks and broccoli florets, well-steamed fruit such as apple and pear, hand size chunks of very soft, ripe fruit like avocado and banana and melt inthe mouth baby snacks such as corn based snacks.

We gave whole foods as well as puree's from the start of weaning so she eats just about everything. She still gags ocasionaly but its just once and then shes fine again.

anything that'll melt in the mouth is best for first stages such as rice cakes, well-steamed veggies such as carrot sticks and broccoli florets, well-steamed fruit such as apple and pear, hand size chunks of very soft, ripe fruit like avocado and banana and melt inthe mouth baby snacks such as corn based snacks.

Thanks ~ Some great ideas :thumbup:

Will let you know how she gets on :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"