December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Ladies need some advice, up until 3 weeks ago I used to cuddle Madden to sleep, but decided it was time to put him to bed awake, his bed time routine consits of:
Bath
Massage
Half bottle and cuddle
Putting down in his cot
...BUT he screams like I'm trying to murder him as soon as he gets within 2 inches of his mattress. At the moment I've taken to CC as I don't want to get back into the routine of picking him up and cuddling him to sleep. So once the screaming starts my routine is:
Reassure him its ok whilst stroking his hair until he calms down
Leave the room and once crying starts time 10 minutes
Return after 10 minutes and stroke his hair with no speaking until calm repeat as above until he drifts off.
What can I do to make it better without the screaming? I've tried sitting with him by his cot at the level of his mattress so he can see the room from that angle but still no joy :( Any ideas? I dread bed time :(

Ladies need some advice, up until 3 weeks ago I used to cuddle Madden to sleep, but decided it was time to put him to bed awake, his bed time routine consits of:
Bath
Massage
Half bottle and cuddle
Putting down in his cot
...BUT he screams like I'm trying to murder him as soon as he gets within 2 inches of his mattress. At the moment I've taken to CC as I don't want to get back into the routine of picking him up and cuddling him to sleep. So once the screaming starts my routine is:
Reassure him its ok whilst stroking his hair until he calms down
Leave the room and once crying starts time 10 minutes
Return after 10 minutes and stroke his hair with no speaking until calm repeat as above until he drifts off.
What can I do to make it better without the screaming? I've tried sitting with him by his cot at the level of his mattress so he can see the room from that angle but still no joy :( Any ideas? I dread bed time :(

Its so easily done with your 1st :hugs: I used to cuddle my 1st Son to sleep too

But with my others I have learnt that the key to stress free bedtimes is self-settling :sleep:

It will be hard work at 1st, but once youve cracked it, Madden will know how to self settle.

I would suggest myself that you do your routine, place him in his bed, walk out, he will cry, so go back in, tuck him up again, put his dummy in (if he has one) give him his teddy (if he has one) & walk out...Leave him slightly longer this time, but then repeat the steps as above, this time leave him for just a little longer, return & repeat steps....Each time leaving him a little longer between your return....NEVER talk to him, or get him out of his cot for a cuddle

Good luck, hope this helps :flower:

Thanks Kelly, it all started because he used to fall asleep having his last bottle and it had got to the point where he would have to be cuddled to fall asleep and finally I've been able to crack that but he now needs a cuddle to start him off and thats what I'm struggling to crack :-( I'll try what you've suggested.

Thanks whisperofhope made it for me :)

Kelly - thanks for that - we are going to have to do this with Caitlyn too - she feeds to sleep but that will have to stop for daytime naps and id like it to stop for nighttime too - she needs to learn to self settle but im a wuss and DH is an even bigger wuss about leaving her cry. Not looking forward to it but it must be done :(

Sami - love the new signature too!
Mizze xx

There are ways of doing it with out leaving them to cry, if your not comfortable doing it then i say dont do it.

There are ways of doing it with out leaving them to cry, if your not comfortable doing it then i say dont do it.

And what do you think the point of me posting was?! To see if people had better and less upsetting ways that I could try!

I also love your new signature :) such a gorgeous boy.

Where's Samantha? We got our 7th tooth - gonna catch Charlie!!

Please do explain these methods :flower:~ Id like to know how this can be done?? :sleep:

But just to say, the method I used with DS1 (now 18) & a little with DS2 (now 8) didnt see them crying for too long & not to the point of distress ~ Your just teaching them how to self settle, which has gotta be a good thing :wink:

In fact when Meadow decides she doesnt want to self settle, I use it then, just to re-assure her ~ Without saying a word:hug: :sleep:

There will be crying because your doing something different but there not left to cry on there own.

The two that come to mind are pick up put down my Tracey Hogg and there is a book thats been recommended by a few people called no cry sleep solution but im not sure what that one in tales.

Noah still can't self settle- we tried the crying thing but he just gets more upset and he will self settle if he is on the bed :( but not in the cot!! cheeky boy. we tried different methods of the "CIO" method- all so far have not worked.... aargh.... we need a magic wand lol. I think my son loves his cuddles waaaaay too much and because we co slept for so long!
Lozzy i have also heard of that no cry sleep thing- but will have to google.
hope you are all well and happy!! Any more bumps??
Kelly, how are you feeling?
Where is Ness? I havent seen her on here for ages. Hope she and Ava are well xx
Mizze , how are you bumpbuddy? lol How is little miss doing?
xx

HELLO :D
I feel like a stranger in here lol sorry i havnt been on in a LONG time, just been real busy and when i do get the chance to get on laptop it isnt for very long.

Samamtha glad to see you back and the beautiful Charlie i was asking where youd gotten to just before i disapeared lol

Eva is doing great, waving And saying Hiya along with Mama and wow her new thing is throwing her head back and laughing lol She sleeps through 12 hours, self settle method works amazingly well for both if us.

My twin sister had her 2nd baby boy Kinlee, just abit sad that i dont get to see her and her boys as much now as she has moved to England

xxxx

Afternoon girls!

Wishing we are doing well we FINALLY have a tooth - well the unmistakable hard sharp edge of a tooth anyway. :happydance:

I have tried PUPD when Caitlyn wasnt settling after feeding and recommend it - we have had more sleep issues but mainly to do with wanting to feed in the night rather than anything else.

Last night she went down at 7.30 woke at 9.30 and I thought Ohoh! bad night coming up but no the little darlin woke at 1.30 and at 6.45am - yey go Caitlyn!! :) :happydance:

I have heard good things about the 'no cry sleep solution' - keep meaning to google and order the book.

Mizze xx

Trying to order some of Eva's x-mas stuff of Argos and everytime i got o checkout the bloody page freeze's!

Mizzie how is the breast feeding going with C x

Good - she still wakes to feed but not nearly as often but I need to somehow increase her food intake but its hard - she is a real boob monster!

The tooth made for an uncomfortable night though! :(

Mizze xx

Congrats on the 1st tooth 'C' :thumbup::yipee:

Meadow is teething her top 2 teeth now & they are causing her real bother :growlmad:

Still no teeth here :nope:

Mizze, Ivy is a booby monster too...I reckon she would happily ditch all food in favour of boob!

:flower:

Oh Mizze, congrats on the 1st tooth!!! :yipee: Noah has his 6th one coming out now. Last Wednesday I finished breastfeeding him... I feel a little sad but I made it to nearly 9 months and now I have a little freedom :)
I just think "sod it" now and cuddle Noah to get him to sleep then put him in the cot- it is too stressful for us. We'll see if we try the CIO again- 3rd time lucky perhaps? ;)
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend :) My inlaws are visiting us and I am so happy to have them here and the house full :)
xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->