December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Hope all Mummies and 1-year-olds (and almosy 1s!) had a fab Christmas :)

Spent the whole day yesterday searching for a new sofa....:wacko: But found one thankfully $3500 (A little over our origional budget!) :shock:

Now gotta get 3 beds, the washing machine, the fridge freezer & other essentials (pots/pans, cutlery, plates/cups etc etc)....ready for our move into 'unfurnished rental'....Wish me luck, cos its not easy, especially in shops I dont really know :wacko:

Oh.....& its getting REALLY hot here now too :coolio:

oh wow really don't envy you that but i'm sure you'll get there and everything will fall into place nicely for you :hugs:

Good luck Kelly!

Amelie - how did the night weaning go?

Mizze xx

I think the 1st night was really positive. She went to sleep at 7pm and we agreed if she woke up within an hour I would feed her (this is a regular thing - she seems to fall asleep without quite having enough milk) She was back asleep at just before 8 and did until 10.30 when she woke up again and Nathan went in.

She screamed and cried on and off for about an hour and a half but eventually she settled and by 2am Nathan managed to transfer her back into the cot (so it was a 3.5 hour experience in the end)

She woke up at 4.45 and she had a feed - we have agreed to start she is allowed a feed anytime after 4am. She went straight back to sleep until 7 when she came into bed with us for cuddles and she slept til 9 without boob.

It is all very disruptive and she is awake at the moment because her schedule has been thrown all out. Overall I am happy with how it went for a first night, she did drink water fine from her straw cup which I am happy about so I know she didnt go thirsty.

The best element was definitely writing down an agreed strategy together beforehand so we didnt argue about what to do in the middle of the night with all the stress of it all. We are keeping to the plan for 3 days initially and then evaluating and seeing what we might need to alter. Ultimately the aim is to work back that morning feed/maybe even get rid of it completely until she is going through from bedtime to breakfast.

Once the boob all night issue is resolved we are working on self settling after that but to be honest that isnt the priority at the moment so Nathan is getting her back to sleep with lots of cuddles, rocking etc.

I am mainly happy to report though that Ivy didnt appear to love us any less this morning :haha:

Wow! Thanks for that report - I do appreciate it. And the agreed strategy idea is brilliant- something DH and I need to do and stick too

C often wakes within the hour to feed too - its odd isnt it! I hope you had a reasonable second night too.

Mizze xxx

Amelie - I hope things are continuing to go well

Well lovely ladies - its nearly 2012 - though I suspect by now its already 2012 for Kelly!

So have a lovely healthy, stress free and Happy New Year

:happydance::hugs::happydance::yipee::wohoo:

Mizze xxxxxxxxx

Happy New Year all :happydance:

I had an emotional one, (Aug) 2011 was the year I lost my wonderful Dad & although im glad to see the back of 2011, its also so hard starting a New Year without him here :cry:

:hug: Kelly -I was thinking about you - it must be so hard. xxxxx

Mizze xxx

Happy New year to everyone! And happy birthday to all the little one's who have turned one recently!! :)
Kelly- for crockery etc- go to Target (depending on your budget) Great selection and reasonably priced :) I don't know if they have Ikea in WA. Hope everything is going well with your move so far!

Mizze How are you? when is C's birthday? Hope she is doing well!
And all the other moms and babies too.

Anyone's LO's walking yet? Noah is too cautious! lol :)
xx

Cruzing :) and stoof unaided for the first time last week just randomly. A couple more months I'd say. Then walkiiiing!

Happy New year to everyone! And happy birthday to all the little one's who have turned one recently!! :)
Kelly- for crockery etc- go to Target (depending on your budget) Great selection and reasonably priced :) I don't know if they have Ikea in WA. Hope everything is going well with your move so far!

Anyone's LO's walking yet? Noah is too cautious! lol :)
xx

Thanks 'Wishing' ...Yeah, we do have an Ikea, gonna go there next :winkwink:

LO has been walking a few steps for about a month now.....Now she is great on her feet, walks everywhere & doesnt fall down on her bottom much now :thumbup: Who's a clever Girl :happydance:

Ailsa has just started toddling along on her own the last couple of weeks, shes getting braver every day!

Hi all, Wishing Caitlyn is one on the 13th! It seems such a long time after the rest of you!

She has been cruising and standing unaided for weeks but doesnt seem to be too interested in walking yet - I think she is a bit afraid of it TBH!
Bless her

Mizze xx

It seemed never ending Kelly! :) Cant believe its almost a year ago. We are off to Tenerife :wohoo: :wohoo: this Friday and actually flying back home on her birthday so she will spend her first birthday abroad!!! :) I need to remember to get her card and some balloons to take with us for the morning of her birthday. We are having a family tea on the following day for her to celebrate :)

Mizze xx

It seemed never ending Kelly! :) Cant believe its almost a year ago. We are off to Tenerife :wohoo: :wohoo: this Friday and actually flying back home on her birthday so she will spend her first birthday abroad!!! :) I need to remember to get her card and some balloons to take with us for the morning of her birthday. We are having a family tea on the following day for her to celebrate :)

Mizze xx

Thats sounds lovely :yipee:

Hope you all have a lovely time away :cake: :coolio:

Lol Noah has been standing since 9 months lol- still nothing hehe. He took 2 steps last night! But he just plops himself down after standing. :)

Oh it's almost C's bday!!! :) YAY

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"