December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Maddens feeding is all over the place at the moment because of him feeling poorly, he does seem to follow a pattern though that if he sleeps for 2 hours he has 2 ozs if he sleeps for 3 he has 3ozs

So my child cant smile yet but has just managed to roll over :dohh: Nosy little girl was straining to watch the tv!

What was on?.....:haha:

I have a poorly madden :-( been up since 5 with him with what looks like a cold so dh took him to the drs so I could get some sleep. Got to keep him propped up and sit in the bathroom all steamy to help clear his nose :-( poor boy

Bless Madden....:baby: Hope he gets better real soon :hugs:

Hi all!

Gosh another very unsettled night with Ava she's so sicky and restless on a night and we struggle to feed her for the crying and winding, giving her infacol but thinking maybe trying her on Aptamil...?

I hate seeing her so distressed it's heartbreaking! But she feeds fine during the day! She seems hungrier in the night too and won't drink milk room temp it has to be warmed up x

Bless little Ava :hugs:

We are usuing Aptamil, I did with DS2 also...Think its a good milk :thumbup:

Meadow gets pretty bad wind, gripe water helps a little (can be used from 1month+) :baby:

I nearly went to a&e last night, was in so much terrible pain, it was unbearable :cry: Ive never felt pain like it :nope:

DH said ring the emergency doctors first, so I did & was so glad I did, Doctor said I could actually take more painkillers than I was...:thumbup:

Took more & set alarm for 2 hours to take more & so on....

Managed a bit of sleep :sleep: Then this morning, although still in pain & very very engorged & lumpy, the pain is managable :flower:

Ava is like that thru the night Sam

Yeah LO is fussy at night and today he's been like it during the day. Hopefully feeding him more will comfort him better. LO is on Aptamil, and was sicky up until a night or so ago but I think that was down to him being really mucousy and was trying to pass it all...but I've heard nothing but good things about aptamil, LO seems to like it now his mucous is gone and isnt even that windy.

So what is this infacol? Is it for wind/colic? It'd be good if I bought some and had some in the cupboard incase I need it?

Although u cant use it til 4wks i have found gripe water much better than infacol... Started him on it yesterday. Plus we swapped from c&g to aptamil n although he is still sick at times its a lot better. Its all just trial and error and all babies are different.

Thanks Kelly, he should be alright in a day or two but not nice to see or listen to :-(

Sammi my LO had a terrible cold, took hin drs and got nasal spray for him but never actually got to use it cause it cleared up on its own so quickly. Its horrible to hear n watch them suffer though :(

Sammi my LO had a terrible cold, took hin drs and got nasal spray for him but never actually got to use it cause it cleared up on its own so quickly. Its horrible to hear n watch them suffer though :(

Dr didnt give me nasal spray for him just said to keep him propped up but she wants to see him again Monday to check him over. But yes was horrible to listen to this morning at silly o'clock especially as it makes you feel helpless :-(

Will get some Aptamil then - do I need to introduce it gradually?

Girls I'm really finding it hard to cope with my emotions at the moment about the birth and the way it all happened - I was delirious with tiredness after 31 hours and dont really remember much about the section or forceps and o dint remember Ava's first moments, I wasn't allowed to hold her straightaway cos of how out of it I was :cry: I'll never get those moments back I feel robbed and there's no one to blame it's just one of those things :( it's silly cos I have a beautiful daughter and I don't want to dwell on the birth!

Those who FF do you wake your LO's for feeds or let them wake naturally?

Girls I'm really finding it hard to cope with my emotions at the moment about the birth and the way it all happened - I was delirious with tiredness after 31 hours and dont really remember much about the section or forceps and o dint remember Ava's first moments, I wasn't allowed to hold her straightaway cos of how out of it I was :cry: I'll never get those moments back I feel robbed and there's no one to blame it's just one of those things :( it's silly cos I have a beautiful daughter and I don't want to dwell on the birth!

Its only natural to feel like that, Im the same, i dident even know she was a girl for 5 mins as she was getting resusiated but there is nothing i can do about it now. There here and there safe and thats all that matters :hugs:

I let her go 4 hours during the day and if she hasent woken up i feed her anyway.

:hugs: it's only natural to feel some negative emotions about the birth. I was pushing for 3 hours and when I think about it, it makes me feel really ergh...there's just no words. I feel guilty sometimes, and sometimes I get a bit weepy about it all. If I start to feel worse about it, I'm going to talk to my MW. If you're feeling like you can't cope with the feelings you have towards the labour then perhaps do the same hun, I'm pretty sure she'll be able to help you. :hugs:

About your FF ques - I was having to wake him every 3.5/4 hrs because he wouldn't wake but midwife said he was taking enough to let him go 4.5/5 hrs, but he usually wakes before 5hrs. Today he's finished two 2oz bottles, then a 3oz and he wouldn't settle and kept rooting after so an hr or two after the 3oz feed I gave him another 2oz :shrug: I think he must be having a growth spurt today but he's only 4 days old :shrug: is that normal? He's had loads to eat! 5oz in like 4 hrs. I dont think I'll wake him now until he wakes himself because of how much he's eaten lol

I know I'm just being hormonal and silly she's here safe and that's all that matters!

What about on a night do you just wait til she's awake and crying or set an alarm to wake her to feed? Ava won't drink room temp milk so have to wait for it to warm up so she's usually screaming by that point!

Thanks Sam I think I'll talk to her on Monday :flower:

Ava takes about 3oz every 3-4 hours but sometimes she won't drink it all and wants feeding another ounce again after an hour!

It depends how old they are and how there putting weight on as to if you let them sleep on a night.

For the first week or so i set an alarm. But now i just feed on demand which is anywhere from 2.5-4hrs. Hes a good feeder though and eats a lot so we dont need to worry about his weight gain.

Dont beat yourself up about her birth. I was the same. I hardly remember the moment he was born and after the initial putting him on my chest i didnt hold him again for over an hr. I was so out of it being stitched up i pretty much forgot he was there. My OH had him. And if it wasnt for my mum takibg pics for me i would have none of him the day he was born. My birth wasnt as i expected n if im honest has left me quite emotional about it all. I feel a bit of a failure and wish i could go back. But i think this is normal for many women. Its all still v raw and new for u ness bit gets better and you start to think more rationally. Ava is here, safe, happy and healthy. You did everything you possibly could for ur lil girl and she knows that :)

So my child cant smile yet but has just managed to roll over :dohh: Nosy little girl was straining to watch the tv!

What was on?.....:haha:

Karang lol

.....:haha:

Ness....:hugs: I was like this with my DS1's birth, which was a 11hour labour, failed forceps & then emergency csection, they had no time to put an epidural in as my Son was getting distressed, so I was put under general anesthetic ~ I didnt get to see my Son until he was 6hours old, by which time he had been feed & cuddled by so many.....But not me :nope::cry:

I struggled with my feelings about it too....So I totally know where you are coming from :hugs:

Try this website:

https://www.birthtraumaassociation.org.uk/

I never wake her...She always lets me know when she is hungry! :baby:

Ness you did all you could, try not to beat yourself up over it. She's here and safe and that's the important thing :hugs: as soon as Lyra was putting weight on I let her start deciding when she wants to be fed which can be anything from an hour to 5 hours.

Up for lyras 3am feed and really struggling to fight the urge to just bring her into our bed. I want to co-sleep now but OH doesn't because he is being disturbed and he has work. I love having her close to me though, I've been sneaking her into bed once he's gone for cuddles! :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->