December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Just finishing olivers early morning feed. The past few days he has only taken a couple of ounces at this time. I really hope its a sign hes going yo drop this feed all together before long. Probably wishful thinking though lol.

Omg Charlie had turned into a hungry chappy all of a sudden! Mama needs sleep :(

What's this aptamil hungry baby like? I'm going to ask MW today when she comes if it'd be worth getting instead because he finishes 2-3oz then wants another oz two hrs or so later :shrug: I defo think he's only full for a little while :shrug: He has his heel prick test today :( poor little baby isn't going to like it :(

I asked the hv about hungry baby aptamil, apparently its too heavy for them right now and will give them constipation.

And don't worry, mine had their heel prick tests whilst asleep and didn't even flinch! Xx

ness do yr hosp offer a post birth counselling chat thing where u can go and talk about yr borth and ask questions about it etc? i know they do at carlisle. if they do it might be worth going along as it may help u accept and come to terms with yr birth. i'd def spek to yr hv or mw and ask them about it.

i've never woken ailsa for a feed (well apart from when we were out shopping for the day and she'd been 5 hrs!) she wakes or starts asking for a feed generally after 3-4 hrs in the day and has been going around 8+ hrs of a night now.
Sometimes she'll only take 2-3ozs and then appear to b completely flaked out but after a bum change and a bit of a rest she will then usually take another ounce or 2, hence why her feeds can take upwards of an hour!!!

i would say it baby is still hungry after 2 or 3 oz feeds to up the feeds to 4ozs before changing to hungry baby milk.

I asked about hungry baby milk but apparently Oliver isn't old enough for it yet, it would just upset his tummy.

I think, its just how babies are, their tummys are small so they eat little and often.
They are even worse when they have a growth spurt! Its even harder to cope when your BFing!!

My boobs are still so engorged & lumpy...:cry: I wish I knew when it was going to settle :shrug:

Good luck to Mizzie today....:hugs: Hope 'baby Mizzie' is here really soon :baby::cloud9:

I dont know how you girls can come on here in the middle of the night when feeding, i can barely keep my eyes open, let along type lol

Ava is like that thru the night Sam

Yeah LO is fussy at night and today he's been like it during the day. Hopefully feeding him more will comfort him better. LO is on Aptamil, and was sicky up until a night or so ago but I think that was down to him being really mucousy and was trying to pass it all...but I've heard nothing but good things about aptamil, LO seems to like it now his mucous is gone and isnt even that windy.

So what is this infacol? Is it for wind/colic? It'd be good if I bought some and had some in the cupboard incase I need it?

He sounds just like Silas did when he came home. Turns out he was in pain from passing the last of the meconium, which was giving him colic symptoms and pain (drawing his wee legs up :()

Mum bought me round some infacol incase it was actual colic but it was gone in a couple of days.

He sneezed up loads of mucous and I had a strange celebration when he had two massive boogies :wacko:

Anyone know how much these little people are supposed to be eating? Yesterday evening I expressed 100mil, whats that about 4oz? and he downed it...then proceeded to have a 15 minute feed on my breast as well (first one he's had in ages - now the mucous is gone he can latch again). Like seriously, I know he's big...but :wacko:

I dont know how you girls can come on here in the middle of the night when feeding, i can barely keep my eyes open, let along type lol

We don't even get up for night feeds here. If she is awake when I go to bed, she comes into bed with me. When she wakes, I just pull out a boob and pop it in her mouth and I'm back asleep quickly :)

We don't even get up for night feeds here. If she is awake when I go to bed, she comes into bed with me. When she wakes, I just pull out a boob and pop it in her mouth and I'm back asleep quickly :)

I dont ether, i feed her in bed.

I dont ether, i feed her in bed.

I always get up...because I've never not found a dirty/wet nappy after a feed *sigh*

I just change her on the bed, have a pack of wipes, nappys and nappy sacks in the bedroom.

I barely remember what happens at night - except most nights Ivy starts out in the moses basket and ends up cosleeping after the first feed - it is just so much easier having her in bed with us with bf.

Ah, the joy of girls. His fountain displays mean there's no bed changing for us!

Ah, the joy of girls. His fountain displays mean there's no bed changing for us!

Ivy pees EVERY time she is changed...I was moaning about it and my Mum told me to count my blessings she is a girl not a boy!

Ivy pees EVERY time she is changed...I was moaning about it and my Mum told me to count my blessings she is a girl not a boy!

:haha:! Blessums!

I changed him on my parents bed yesterday round their house was delving in my back for something and ended up having to just put my hand in the way of the wee since there was nothing else near that was grabable.

My 2 pee every time they get a nappy change. And most of the time her pee is harder to control than his!

My babies are now baldies :( We got their heads shaved yesterday, its a religious thing partly, but mostly its good to do for the hair to grow back better. They still look so cute but i miss their soft little heads... Although they are hairy little monkeys, their hair will be back in a week, lol xx

Awww...I love their wee hairy heads!

But yes, you'll love them even more when they grow back :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"