December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Ordered it wed and got it this morning :happydance:
Freddie has been so clingy the last few days, and really hungry! I think its another growth spurt! Don't know about the only wanting mummy thing tho :shrug: he never used to be bothered!

Those who FF do you wake your LO's for feeds or let them wake naturally?

At the start Eva had to be woke every 2 hours for 20ml, but then midwife said try her 90ml just when ever she wakes up wonting it, past few days we have bumped her up to 120ml 4oz and same we just wait for her to wake, iv noticed tho she isnt bring her wind up as good as she was.

Hello ladies long time no speak :)

Gosh I never new how quickly house work gets piled up when you have a newborn and a OH whos not that great at housework lol.

I should really have been resting but ive just not had time to xD plus the OH doesnt like it if im sat around, he seems to forget ive had a major op :/

Immy is doing fab, went to see midwife yesterday and shes jsut gaining weight so quickly! cannot believe shes gone from 7lb 3, to 7lb 7, to 8lb!! What a little piggy winkle <3 Nights are not so great, but saying that last night wasnt too bad, she went strate back to sleep after her feeds and a change, instead of being awake a little while for a cuddle before going back down. hopefully she will be the same tonight :)

the constipation seems to have gone away now we have got some bottled water down her, she only has a few mouthfulls but its better then nothing at all.

heres a little piccy of the Immybear <3

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs047.snc6/167721_1778642066712_1259195065_3892106_6993188_n.jpg

Aww she is lovely :hugs:

almost forgot to mention we spent our first night in the new house last night, was abit strange, and i didnt get much sleep cuz i kept checking on Eva, OH was great this morning tho and i got a few hours extra this morning.

Midwife came over earlier & we spoke about his feeding and she said I'm not really supposed to be using powdered stuff until he's 4-6 weeks old & should be using cartons? Anyone heard of this? My mum thinks it's a load of crap and OH worked out that we can't afford to buy cartons at the rate he feeds :shrug:

Ness - I feel guilty about the BF too because all during pregnancy I was determined to BF etc. I feel guilty when I'm waiting for the bottle to cool and he roots where my nipple is :nope: it makes me feel so upset. LO is tongue tied though so I just try and reason - he'd have to get his Tongue cut if he were to continue BF & I don't like the sound of that...he enjoys the bottle, he's getting fed, is content etc so I can't really ask for more.

Thats a really strange thing for the midwife to say?????? because all of the formula tubs tell you how much milk to give a baby from week 1????? and my midwife and HV thought I was mad using cartons for the first few weeks (for convenience) as they are so expensive.

As long as you make the feeds up as per instructions they are fine :) x

Kelly, how are you getting along with the FF as I havent read back the last 14 pages?

Another great tip my friend gave me (especially for night feeds) was to boil and cool some water and put in one flask, then put boiling water in another flask - then you mix 60ml of the hot water with the powder to kill the bacteria, then top up to 120ml (or whatever you are currently feeding) with the cooled water - then the milk should be close to drinking temperature (or you can cool the bottle temperature further in cold water)............ you need to try out what works for you, as you may eed less hot and more cooled - but the key is to use the hot water first to kill of the bacteria :)

I think the carton vs powder advice you were given is ridiculous! First time I have ever heard that and if I were you I'd completely forget it.

I thought it was strange too! She said it's because you open the top of the tub and bacteria can get in :shrug: There's no way we could afford 4-6 weeks of cartons, I think OH said it'd work out around 250! Am going to ignore her advice...she was a different one to who I had before...none of the many midwives at the hospital said anything either :shrug:

Am I the only one who is broody already?! I miss my bump and I was packing away Oliver's new baby and tiny baby clothes earlier and I had a lump in my throat. I'm hoping my hormones calm down soon or we will be a family of 10 :rofl:

i really miss my bump and having her in my belly never thought Id say that lol I cant protect her from everything now shes out:(

When did you guys have your first outing with baby? I'm really nervous about going out, knowing what to take, what to dress Charlie in, what blankets to use, taking a bottle out etc. My changing bag has an insulated bottle holder, so before I go out just make a bottle and pop it in there? What about it being sterile? :dohh:

Our first outing was at day 6 to asda for 20mins.

Make up a bottle with slightly cooled boiled water, put it in the insulating pouch n it should be the right temp by the time u need it. Or u can take a chilled botlle with just water in and you can buy pots to put the formula in and then u make up the bottle n heat it when u need it. Depends where ur going.

Madden was 2 days old when we stopped off at tesco on the way home from hospital and 3 days old to my parents for Xmas lunch and 5 days old we went shopping.

I think my failure to bf was part of the reason I felt like I'd failed to bond with madden.

I thought it was strange too! She said it's because you open the top of the tub and bacteria can get in :shrug: There's no way we could afford 4-6 weeks of cartons, I think OH said it'd work out around 250! Am going to ignore her advice...she was a different one to who I had before...none of the many midwives at the hospital said anything either :shrug:

Thats why you use hot water, stupid midwife

Am I the only one who is broody already?! I miss my bump and I was packing away Oliver's new baby and tiny baby clothes earlier and I had a lump in my throat. I'm hoping my hormones calm down soon or we will be a family of 10 :rofl:

Yes! I allways said i want a big age gap and still do. No more babys for me for 4/5 years.

When did you guys have your first outing with baby? I'm really nervous about going out, knowing what to take, what to dress Charlie in, what blankets to use, taking a bottle out etc. My changing bag has an insulated bottle holder, so before I go out just make a bottle and pop it in there? What about it being sterile? :dohh:

Considering we were in hospital for 6 days her first trip out was to the supermarket for milk and then to my mams house.

If your nervous, start small, go to a supermarket or some ones house. If you take, nappys,wipes,nappy sacks,bibs,vest and a babygrow you cant go wrong. I never leave the house unless im just going to the corner shop with out a bottle. If you make it with boiling water just before you go out and put it in the bottle holder it should be fine.

I love mine Kirsty, takes a few mins to put on but its great.

wooo i cant wait to try it! really hope im not disapointed with it!

I want one now! Wouldnt bubs get used to being carried around though and stop settling elsewhere?! Im assuming not or the slings wouldnt be so popular i guess.

Dh got a baba sling and I think madden looks so uncomfy in it so I'll stick to the pram, plus I'm not my back would like it

We went out on day 4, I don't know abou the bottle but just make sure you take nappies, wipes, changing mat, bib, spare baby grow and vest, cardi and a hat if it's chilly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->