December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

I wouldnt worry. The amount they want can change all the time. He could be having a growth spurt too. Feed him what he wants so long as hes not throwing it back up and he seems happy with it. Oliver had a day of wanting 6oz every hr n a half but is back to 4-5oz every 3-4hrs.

When did you guys have your first outing with baby? I'm really nervous about going out, knowing what to take, what to dress Charlie in, what blankets to use, taking a bottle out etc. My changing bag has an insulated bottle holder, so before I go out just make a bottle and pop it in there? What about it being sterile? :dohh:

Our first outing was on friday to my dear work at M&S. I expressed a bottle since I didn't want to end up getting stressed in the cafe and stripping off to latch him. In the end he didn't even wake when I took his top layers off and laid him on my lap - merely stirred and slurped.

I have a feeling I'm a bit laid back with the sterlising, but they have a cap? Which is sterlise and I think airtight? I think making it and insulating it would be the best approach. Or don't some people have those little box things with the powder measured out and just the hot water insulated?

I picked my favourite outfit to dress Silas in, he instantly wet his nappy which was badly fitting and he was drenched :( nevermind!
I found my biggest fluffiest blanket worked best, he was a wee snug bug :)

As for that wierd stuff your MW was on about? wtf? :wacko: I find that very strange, and esepically since no one here seems to have heard that before.

Loving the photos ladies :thumbup:

LO won't settle :shrug: he's guzzled nearly 4oz of milk :wacko: surely thats way too much for a 6day old baby :nope: he cries until I give him the bottle, then has loads, stops for 5 minutes and has a wind then has more :shrug: he isn't sick though, so I'm guessing he digests it all :shrug: he usually has anywhere between 1oz-4oz but this is the first time he's had near enough the whole 4oz :shrug:

4oz is about 125mil, my day 6 and 7 he had between 80 and 125 at each feed, seems to have slowed down again now. No idea, they just love milk! On friday it'd been a good 4 hour gap, fed him 100mil expressed then he fed from both breasts too :shrug: who knows?!

Have given Ava her first Aptamil feed and so far so good! No sick or tummy ache yet! Hope this is a good sign for her little tummy!!

Ava varies with her feeds sometimes she has 4oz sometimes she only wants 2nd but will be hungry again an hour later. I just feed her on demand now!

We haven't been out yet but are going for a little walk this week when I feel up to it x

I dont know how you girls can come on here in the middle of the night when feeding, i can barely keep my eyes open, let along type lol

I cant get up to go online during the night either. Just change his nappy on the bed and then fed him.

I got my Moby wrap today!! :happydance:
Its bloody amazing.....he fusses..i put him in and he goes straight to sleep!!
My OH has got it on at the moment! So cute :cloud9:

im a size 18 the now do you think it would wrap around me ok? not wanting to get one and it being to small or something!

Ive just got one on ebay for £23 really pleased and cant wait for it to arrive. did get advice on sizing cause i wear a 22 top and was told should have noproblems with it fitting

Midwife came over earlier & we spoke about his feeding and she said I'm not really supposed to be using powdered stuff until he's 4-6 weeks old & should be using cartons? Anyone heard of this? My mum thinks it's a load of crap and OH worked out that we can't afford to buy cartons at the rate he feeds :shrug:

Ness - I feel guilty about the BF too because all during pregnancy I was determined to BF etc. I feel guilty when I'm waiting for the bottle to cool and he roots where my nipple is :nope: it makes me feel so upset. LO is tongue tied though so I just try and reason - he'd have to get his Tongue cut if he were to continue BF & I don't like the sound of that...he enjoys the bottle, he's getting fed, is content etc so I can't really ask for more.

SCBU gave me a tub of formula powder, so i really wouldnt listern to her. As for tongue tie, it only takes about 2 secs to sort and James didnt even flinch. Was told its far more complicated to rectify when they are older.

James is now going a good 5 -6 hrs overnight, which is lovely. Im just expressing excess of every morning and storing it.

I have found you!! :rofl:

Please add my baby girl to the list :baby:

Rosie Mae born 14th December 2010 weighing 6lb 9oz :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Hope you are all well and I look forward to joining in the chat soon.

At the moment I find it quite difficult as I am breastfeeding and with Rosie being so small and me being BIG!! I have to hold Rosie with one arm and my boob with the other hand!! lol so I can't come on here whilst feeding or in fact do anything else!! I'm hoping when she gets bigger I will be able to let my boob just hang down!! sorry for TMI!! :dohh:

hey girls hope your all okay :)

had my first headache today, i didnt have a single one all the way through my pregnancy, so today has been the first one in a while.

for anyone whos had a c-section, how long did it take before your bleeding stopped and before you felt comfortable in a bath/shower??

wheni had a shower in hospital, it was pretty painfull and ive been hand washing ever since simply as i am frightend to get in the shower/bath... i am just worried about my stitches and things, i know its daft but i really am lol. specailly as i am not on painkillers anymore :s

had my first headache today, i didnt have a single one all the way through my pregnancy, so today has been the first one in a while.

for anyone whos had a c-section, how long did it take before your bleeding stopped and before you felt comfortable in a bath/shower??

wheni had a shower in hospital, it was pretty painfull and ive been hand washing ever since simply as i am frightend to get in the shower/bath... i am just worried about my stitches and things, i know its daft but i really am lol. specailly as i am not on painkillers anymore :s
Hi I had c section and have been having showers everyday. My stitches were removed at day 5 and I am just careful when I am washing that area - although I have taken a razor to it to get rid of the growing hairs as they were starting to get prickly!!

With regards to bleeding - it has been a bit up and down. I thought the bleeding had stopped after 2 weeks but then last week it started quite heavy again and now it seems to have really slowed down again and I only have to wear a panty liner - I believe you can believe for upto 6 weeks.

And as for feeding,

Immy has 4oz every 2 n a half or 3 hours, she wakes up a little early sometimes and we try to drag it out to the full 3 hours so she sticks to a routine, or we shove a dummy in and she goes back to sleep for a while :)

** My stictches are disolvable ones, so i dont need them to be taken out.. so i really shouldnt be worried and the MW said its healed really really well and i shouldnt worry about anything, but i am just really scared..

off to my mum and dads for tea with Immy, might have a shower there if i can (our hot water doesnt last long lol) il see if i can get the courage to :)

At the moment I find it quite difficult as I am breastfeeding and with Rosie being so small and me being BIG!! I have to hold Rosie with one arm and my boob with the other hand!! lol so I can't come on here whilst feeding or in fact do anything else!! I'm hoping when she gets bigger I will be able to let my boob just hang down!! sorry for TMI!! :dohh:

Iv got to do that, but i use a pillow to keep her in position so once shes latched on i can get go of her and have one hand free.

When did you guys have your first outing with baby? I'm really nervous about going out, knowing what to take, what to dress Charlie in, what blankets to use, taking a bottle out etc. My changing bag has an insulated bottle holder, so before I go out just make a bottle and pop it in there? What about it being sterile? :dohh:

I always take a sterilised bottle and a carton of formula - just in case I get caught out and need to feed her on the go - as they can drink them straight from the carton in to the bottle. I also keep some nappies, wipes, disposible changing mat, nappy sacs, bib, infacol and a change of clothes. I have 3 changing bags which I keep topped up so always have one in the car just in case (also have an emergency set at MIL's just in case) ;) ....im a bit OCD lol !!!!

Does anyone have one of those ear thermometers? I'm thinking of buying one because I actually have no way of finding out if bubs were to ever have a temperature or not. The ear ones seem ideal for a baby.

I have one which you can use under arm or in mouth but she screams the place down when we use it, so we have been out today and bought the Soother with a built in thermometer - saves sooo much hassle :) x

Those that are formula feeding....

How long has your Lo gone without having a poop? :shrug:

Meadow was pooping every nappy change when I was b/f her....Since switching she had one the first day, one the next & then nothing yesterday & she still hasnt been today...........Bit worried about that

Have given her some cooled boiled water this morning, as I heard that can help

Eloise only goes every other day or once a day at the most - midwife and health visitor said thats normal - they dne get concerned until thye go over about 3 days - then they get you to give them cooled boiled water.

Showering every day since I got home from hospital, but have been wary about the stitches - mine are disolveable stitches too and have healed really well. I took Paracetamols for a few days after the painkillers ran out and the pain went rapidly :) As far as bleeding, it was about 4 weeks for me before it all eased off ;) x

Yey...:happydance: Great to see you here

Look forward to chatting with you again soon :flower:

At first, a bath is hard, Ok getting in...But getting out was hard, id say the 3rd week was much easier in & out :thumbup:

Showers would be easier for you at first :winkwink:

Dont be afraid, youll be fine....Enjoy your time :kiss:

I have dissolvable stitches and have showered since day 3 I'm just careful not to get any/ much soap etc near it I just let the water trickle over it.

I'm still bleeding though not much at the moment then all of a sudden I'll get more.

I think my milk is finally coming in my breastpads are drenched and everytime I touch them they leak, the milk is really sticky lol, not got loads but it's getting there, boobs feel hot and tingly and a bit achy!

Question: how long did you leave your newborn in their Moses basket during the day? Ava is in hers a lot cos she sleeps all day lol but that's ok to put her in her Moses basket when sleeping isn't it? Daft question lol :blush: feel like a bad mum for not holding her all the time!

Its fine Ness, if she wants a cuddle she will let you know, but equally if you want a cuddle get her out! :haha:

I'm still bleeding and find the days I take rox out for more than half an hour I can be quite heavy, can't wait to stop!!

oh good i was worried i was neglecting her by sitting on my laptop having a brew while shes sleeping :haha: she's slept nearly all day shes been so good! I keep having to check her to see if shes to warm in case shes ill or somethig cos shes sleeping loads! I worry even more now shes out of my belly lol suppose thats being a mum though hey?!

she seems so much better on aptamil too, no sick or anything and no crying and pulling up of knees! Bloody SMA should come with a warning!

I have a pad called "my brest friend". It clasps on around me and has a cushion for my baby to lay on. I can feed him in front or do the football hold and can be hands free. I can even stand up while he feeds. It is sort of like a boppy pillow but way better.

My bleeding stopped at 5.5 weeks and I got my period on week 6. Sucks.

My baby does not like to sleep. At all. He barely naps and is still up every 2-4 hours at night. Yuck.

Freddie is sleeping now and im on here :haha:
Should probably be cleaning or sleeping, but hey!

Maddens asleep popped up in my arm as he doesn't seem to cough as much bless him.

I'm dreading my first period just hope they don't get worse than they were or I'm screwed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->