December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

im a size 18 the now do you think it would wrap around me ok? not wanting to get one and it being to small or something!

I'm a 16ish :blush: and I love my moby! Juliet loves her snuggles while mommy has hands free shopping. She is still small enough (sorta) that I can turn her sideways and nurse her hands free.

Does anyone have one of those ear thermometers? I'm thinking of buying one because I actually have no way of finding out if bubs were to ever have a temperature or not. The ear ones seem ideal for a baby.

I want one now! Wouldnt bubs get used to being carried around though and stop settling elsewhere?! Im assuming not or the slings wouldnt be so popular i guess.

I only use it wen out instead of the pram, its much easier is busy or small shops

Dh got a baba sling and I think madden looks so uncomfy in it so I'll stick to the pram, plus I'm not my back would like it

If you get a wrap the weight is distrubuted all over your back, iv got back problems and find it comfy

Does anyone have one of those ear thermometers? I'm thinking of buying one because I actually have no way of finding out if bubs were to ever have a temperature or not. The ear ones seem ideal for a baby.

Iv got one, only problem is if there awake they try to turn away from it.

Look what daddy taught me

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1177.jpg

i got one when jack was a baby! before i was using the head strips but they are rubbish, i would be lost without my ear thermometer!

im a size 18 the now do you think it would wrap around me ok? not wanting to get one and it being to small or something!

I'm a 16ish :blush: and I love my moby! Juliet loves her snuggles while mommy has hands free shopping. She is still small enough (sorta) that I can turn her sideways and nurse her hands free.

lol just remembered im a 16 on top and 18 on bottom so hopefully ill have no probs :thumbup:

I need to stop tryin to get Lyra into bed before 11pm, she just won't settle before that and now I'm paying the price. She's been feeding for the past 40mins :dohh: I was hoping to have some me time before going to sleep but I'm obviously not allowed :dohh: hopefully she will sleep until 4am after this, if she doesn't I think I might crack and put her in our bed again :blush: xx

Niamh has been in bed since 10 and shes still awake

After getting home from the hospital it was 10 days before we got out again because of all the snow and how cold it was back then! Now I'm out at least twice a day on the school run and have Ailsa in her snowsuit with a little hat on, in the pram with the cosy toes and rain cover over (unless its a really sunny still day!) and shes always fine and sleeps the whole time! For the school run and little outings like that to the local shop or something Idon't take a bottle with me and just have a couple of nappys, wipes and muslin in my bag! Bank Holiday Tuesday after Christmas we went out shopping for the whole day and just popped 2 bottles of cooled boiled water in the changing bag with the right amoutn of formula in a couple of little containers so when we stopped for lunch we just made up a bottle and heated it up in the debenhams cafe, most cafes/resturatns have bottle warming facilties.

Ducky we have one that comes in a pacifier from mothercare, so baby just has to suck on it to give the reading. I tried it and it works great ! :)

Lozzy such a cute pic of Niamh :)

here is our latest pic of Noah after his bath time :

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
Kelly, how are you getting along with the FF as I havent read back the last 14 pages?

Another great tip my friend gave me (especially for night feeds) was to boil and cool some water and put in one flask, then put boiling water in another flask - then you mix 60ml of the hot water with the powder to kill the bacteria, then top up to 120ml (or whatever you are currently feeding) with the cooled water - then the milk should be close to drinking temperature (or you can cool the bottle temperature further in cold water)............ you need to try out what works for you, as you may eed less hot and more cooled - but the key is to use the hot water first to kill of the bacteria :)

Thanks for asking :hugs: I am still suffering with engorged/sore boobs, but I think the mastitus is calming now, as the pain is now managable with painkillers

The formula feeding is Ok...Will be better when I can hold her better....Cant go near my chest area at the moment :dohh: Also I still get painfull let downs

I am still a little confused over the rights & wrongs of f/feeding, so many people say so many different things :wacko:

Love the pictures of all your LO's :baby::baby::baby:

They are so sweet :kiss:

Those that are formula feeding....

How long has your Lo gone without having a poop? :shrug:

Meadow was pooping every nappy change when I was b/f her....Since switching she had one the first day, one the next & then nothing yesterday & she still hasnt been today...........Bit worried about that

Have given her some cooled boiled water this morning, as I heard that can help

I think ff babies get constipated quite a lot Kelly...especially if youve just switched from breast.
If it goes on for a few days try giving her some cooled boiled water and if that doesn't work call the hv or doctors xx

Once every couple of days is still normal. FF babies vary a lot. If it goes over 48hrs i would contact your health visitor just in case. She will also still be adjusting to formula.

ailsa usually poos every other day - she had a bit of a constipation problem when her poo changed and we just added an etra ounce of wate to her bottles for 24 hrs as per advice from mw and this sorted the problem.

Niamh hasent had any formula since 5am. That said shes been attached to me since 9am

Loving the photos ladies :thumbup:

LO won't settle :shrug: he's guzzled nearly 4oz of milk :wacko: surely thats way too much for a 6day old baby :nope: he cries until I give him the bottle, then has loads, stops for 5 minutes and has a wind then has more :shrug: he isn't sick though, so I'm guessing he digests it all :shrug: he usually has anywhere between 1oz-4oz but this is the first time he's had near enough the whole 4oz :shrug:

Some babys are just big eaters.

I feel lost, Niamh is out with Mil for a few hours, they havent even been gone 5 mins yet and i hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->