December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

We put him down to sleep in our room in the Moses on the stand n he wakes n cries. It's like he hates this room??? He goes in his Moses on the floor in the other rooms, could that even make a difference? I have a feeling this is going to be another awful night :cry:

:( Oh Sam, could it be the tempreture perhaps? Or maybe the stand? It may just be coincidence and to do with the coliciness, bless his heart. You're doing so well, and it'll get easier - hopefully this part won't last too much longer. x

I watched OBEM today and though it was great, I cried more than I did at the last series :dohh: :haha: xx

I watched it last night, I barely cried at the 1st series at all and yet found myself crying at the intro this time? What the hell was with that girl Steff?! I mean seriously, she was still screaming after the epi.

Hi ladies

How are you all doing??
I have finally had a few easier nights with Noah :) And in the mornings I feel a bit more normal :)
Hope motherhood is going great for everyone! xx

How on earth can one toddler go without sleep!! It's driving me crackers! :(

Hope everyone is well

Hi girls hope you are all okayy :)

We changed little Immy over to cow&gate yesterday, and ive noticed a really big difference, shes so much happier, waking up for her feeds spot on time, and shes still taking 4oz and she loks so full and content afterwards and just goes right off back to sleep on a night :) we have also had to get some infacol to help her with her wind, shes not very good at getting it up when we burp her and shes gets really cross and it must be painfull for her, so its really helped giving her a drop before each feed :)

As for the poopy situation, shes not done one yet while being on C&G, were hoping the constipation has gone away too, then we will be alot happier :)

A Little Piccy Update :)... although.. shes got alot bigger since this was taken.. this was about 4/5 days ago.. shes a little chubby monster now haha. will get a new pic of her soon :)

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs038.snc6/166800_1778655107038_1259195065_3892148_1186470_n.jpg

Morning Girls :flower:
Ailsa was like that to start with, as soon as we changed her and wiped her bum she'd start pooing! i think its the stimulation of having their bottoms wiped that makes them poo, thankfully that seems to have stopped now!!!

How often does Ailsa poop now? Meadow is on her 3rd day (today) with no pooping & going from every nappy change to this is a bit worrying :baby:

Ive started a thread in 'formula feeding' about it :coffee:

Kelly I've got an infection where my scar is too - seems pretty common with sections doesnt it?

I had no problems at all with my 1st 2 sections...This time though, its been awfull, from having an allergic reaction to the tape they used to this last infection! :dohh:

Are you on antibiotics? :flower: Get well soon :hugs:

The midwife at my group today was talking about infacol - apparently it's better to give it ten mins before the feed since it has to be partially absorbed before the gut starts to digest.
We all thought it was really odd that it doesn't say so on the box - but if it doesn't seem to be helping try that Sam. Colic is awful :hugs:

I bet its because they know they will lose out on sales, as who really knows/remembers 10 minutes prior to a feed each time :wacko: We have enough to be thinking about!

So i am putting in a routine as per the book by 'baby consultant' Alison scott wright. She promises to have the babies sleeping through the night by 8 weeks. Yes thats right people, i cant believe it either. It better bloody work or i am literally going to run away, honestly 2 newborns is more difficult than anything i could ever explain.

We now have a really sweet lady living with us to help with cooking, cleaning and the babies. Its an amazing help, but where the babies are concerned its still so bloody difficult even with 2 sets of hands.

Lots of crying going on here at the moment because of the attempts at keeping to this schedule, watch this space...

Whats news with everyone?? Still waiting to hear about mizze! xxxxxxxxxxx

Googily - whata gorgeous pic!! Such a sweetie xx

Morning Girls :flower:
Ailsa was like that to start with, as soon as we changed her and wiped her bum she'd start pooing! i think its the stimulation of having their bottoms wiped that makes them poo, thankfully that seems to have stopped now!!!

How often does Ailsa poop now? Meadow is on her 3rd day (today) with no pooping & going from every nappy change to this is a bit worrying :baby:

Ive started a thread in 'formula feeding' about it :coffee:

Kelly I've got an infection where my scar is too - seems pretty common with sections doesnt it?

I had no problems at all with my 1st 2 sections...This time though, its been awfull, from having an allergic reaction to the tape they used to this last infection! :dohh:

Are you on antibiotics? :flower: Get well soon :hugs:

The midwife at my group today was talking about infacol - apparently it's better to give it ten mins before the feed since it has to be partially absorbed before the gut starts to digest.
We all thought it was really odd that it doesn't say so on the box - but if it doesn't seem to be helping try that Sam. Colic is awful :hugs:

I bet its because they know they will lose out on sales, as who really knows/remembers 10 minutes prior to a feed each time :wacko: We have enough to be thinking about!

Mine poo non stop!! The last 2 have been explosive and gone up their backs! Quite gross really...

I havent had this, but had a uterus infection (they said this can happen with natural delivery too tho) and i had crappy mastitis. Stupid infections! Hope you feel better soon xx

Thats why i hated infacol, always forgot to use it! I use gripe water every so often (for 1 month and older). Easier to rememebr as you give it during or after a feed.

How are you now Nat? :flower: Hope your infections have cleared up :flower: Are you still breastfeeding? :shrug:

I am on my 2nd lot of anti-biotics (stronger ones this time) for the mastitus...My engorgement is still there :cry: But only to the outer edges of my breasts!

Still painfull, am taking constant pain relief & I cant wait to feel 'normal' again :thumbup:

As I threw together a really quick peanut butter sandwich yesterday lunchtime, whilst LO was waiting for her bottle to warm...:baby:

I remembered back to how we all used to chat about what we were eating :haha: Those were the days! :haha:

LOL!! I have eaten a cheese string this morning!! How healthy!
Even tho ive lost 2 stone already! Must be the BFing!
:happydance:
I promised myself if i loose another stone i eill buy myself some new clothes and get my hair done! also got my £500 grant today!! :yipee:

Kelly yeah I'm on antibiotics but he struggled to find one to suit me as I'm allergic to penicillin and I said I was still trying to breastfeed, I've stopped trying to express as she screams when i try to latch her on and theres less than a mouthful coming through and she doesnt suck hard enough any more so no point stressing myself out, shes happy and putting on weight and pooing about 10 times a day! It bloody stinks! Shes got a sore bum from all the nappy changes! So doc got me on erythromycin and it says if you get itching to stop taking immediately and tell the doctor but it doesnt say why, my feet were itching like mad last night theyre fine today though... ? Pus started leaking from my scar so infection is coming out, just scared its gonna burst open or somethin! Did your scar leak?

How often do you change your LO's bum? I literally change Ava's nappy then she shits again straightaway....

Nat its hard enough with one I dnt knw how you're coping hun!!xx

How are you now Nat? :flower: Hope your infections have cleared up :flower: Are you still breastfeeding? :shrug:

I am on my 2nd lot of anti-biotics (stronger ones this time) for the mastitus...My engorgement is still there :cry: But only to the outer edges of my breasts!

Still painfull, am taking constant pain relief & I cant wait to feel 'normal' again :thumbup:

Infections seem to have cleared but keep getting stupidly engorged and leaking loads. I am so over breastfeeding now!! Gonna try get to 2 months then see what i do!

As I threw together a really quick peanut butter sandwich yesterday lunchtime, whilst LO was waiting for her bottle to warm...:baby:

I remembered back to how we all used to chat about what we were eating :haha: Those were the days! :haha:

LOL!! I have eaten a cheese string this morning!! How healthy!
Even tho ive lost 2 stone already! Must be the BFing!
:happydance:
I promised myself if i loose another stone i eill buy myself some new clothes and get my hair done! also got my £500 grant today!! :yipee:

WOOP for the grant!!

I remember our food discussions, i do miss those days. What to eat was the only thought on our minds!!

And dont tell anyone, but the whole losing weight thing is the only reason really for me really carrying on breastfeeding, lol!!

Nat its hard enough with one I dnt knw how you're coping hun!!xx

I hate to moan that i have 2, i know im blessed, but its really tough to feel you cant enjoy them both as you only have one pair of hands. I feel im permnanently wishing for them to go to sleep. Its horrid as i feel that whole enjoyment of having a new baby has been taken away from me as its impossible to enjoy 2 at the same time, i feel i cant give myself fully to either of them :cry:

Kelly yeah I'm on antibiotics but he struggled to find one to suit me as I'm allergic to penicillin and I said I was still trying to breastfeed, I've stopped trying to express as she screams when i try to latch her on and theres less than a mouthful coming through and she doesnt suck hard enough any more so no point stressing myself out, shes happy and putting on weight and pooing about 10 times a day! It bloody stinks! Shes got a sore bum from all the nappy changes! So doc got me on erythromycin and it says if you get itching to stop taking immediately and tell the doctor but it doesnt say why, my feet were itching like mad last night theyre fine today though... ? Pus started leaking from my scar so infection is coming out, just scared its gonna burst open or somethin! Did your scar leak?

How often do you change your LO's bum? I literally change Ava's nappy then she shits again straightaway....

The doctor said that if my infection didnt clear, the nurse would do a swab, to find out which anti-biotic would be best....But I could take anything as Id stopped b/f

One part of my scar was affected, just a little 'oozy'...It didnt actually hurt, unless I touched it, or cleaned it :dohh:

I change Meadows nappy in the middle of each feed, mostly then so as to wake her up, so she finishes her bottle! :winkwink:

I hate to moan that i have 2, i know im blessed, but its really tough to feel you cant enjoy them both as you only have one pair of hands. I feel im permnanently wishing for them to go to sleep. Its horrid as i feel that whole enjoyment of having a new baby has been taken away from me as its impossible to enjoy 2 at the same time, i feel i cant give myself fully to either of them :cry:

Your not moaning Nat...:hugs: We all understand how hard it must be for you, as we know how hard 1 is! :baby:

With regard to 'not giving yourself fully' to them both...I feel just the same about my Sons, I feel like I am not doing the same things with them now :nope:

Especially as DH is doing lots with DS2 (which is lovely) but it makes me feel a bit left out! :dohh:

You have no need to worry, as your LO's will only know the attention you give them now, they wont know any different :thumbup:

Better night for me ladies, he wasn't screaming the whole time. Still waking up loads though, roughly every hour and a half. So by the time he's fallen asleep, and I've washed up the bottle etc i get about half hour to sleep :cry: I'm so so so so tired! He just gurgles and I think he wakes himself up with all the sounds and kicking he does :shrug: I'm really lost now I don't know what I'm supposed to do - I really feel totally disconnected from everything. I haven't been out, I'm tired, I'm hungry, there's no time for anything because I just want to sleep. Please tell me I'm normal :( I don't know what else I can do to help him sleep longer :shrug: Should I change formula? Hungry baby formula? One of my midwives said not to put him on that as it's unnecessary for a newborn...but when he's waking up screaming every hour and half and finishing off 3oz surely that's a good reason to give him more fulfilling milk??? One of the midwives is coming tomorrow so I'll ask her. The one that told me babies shouldn't have powdered milk is the one that said hungry baby milk isn't necessary, so let's hope that it's not her.

The weight loss was one of the reasons for BFing for me too :)
Plus i have had hardly and problems and actually enjoy it now, its also very convenient!
I know im lucky tho :)

I wish breastfedding had worked for me :/ Imogen just wouldnt latch on in hospital, and it was stressing her out and me, i cried so so much when we had to finally give in, i felt asthough i had failed her, but thankfully, i can exspress a few times a day and then give her whatever i get :) so that made me feel alot better :)

does anyone else know if the goverment have stopped the £500 grant thingy???

and for those of you who had your babies before the 31st of december, how do you apply for the voucher thingy to start a savings account for your LO...?

No they haven't stopped the Grant i got mine today :)
Freddie wouldn't latch either and they just told me to give him a bottle because his blood sugar was low!! Luckily i persevered and spent the whole first week putting him on my boob and expressing every hour alternating, it was exhausting!
Im bloody glad now tho, no bottle sterilising for me....unless i want to express :)

....and i just got my voucher thru the post, i think its linked to the Child Benefit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->