December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Try a different dr lozzy. Some r funny and dont take reflux seriously. My friend had to see 3 drs til one prescribed it for her n it worked! If u donr fancy that see if ur health visitor has any advice.

Im wondering about the coil too lozzy.

Hey girls, LO has constipation! Hes just managed a poo and it's hard, not wet. What can I do? Midwife is coming today so I'll ask her but what do you girls do? Has anyones newborn been the same? This is the first time his poo has been hard - he's always been good with his poo, always wet :shrug:

Hi everyone
Just been to the doctors n I've got mastitus been given antibiotics for it its because I'm trying to switch from breas to bottle and can't control the supply anyone got any advice on best way forward? X

Samantha speak to mw but Alex is always constipated & I give him a few oz of cooled boiled water

Hi everyone
Just been to the doctors n I've got mastitus been given antibiotics for it its because I'm trying to switch from breas to bottle and can't control the supply anyone got any advice on best way forward? X

You poor thing...:hugs: I have been the same

My best advice is to take it slowly, slowly, slowly....I didnt & I was in total agony, with the mastitus +engorgement :cry:

Feel free to PM me, or post on my page, if you want any support :hugs:

when Ailsa was constipated the mw said to add an extra ounce of water to her bottles for 24 hours.

Hi everyone

You poor thing...:hugs: I have been the same

My best advice is to take it slowly, slowly, slowly....I didnt & I was in total agony, with the mastitus +engorgement :cry:

Feel free to PM me, or post on my page, if you want any support :hugs:

Thanks hun its so painful isn't it, has yours started to clear up now or are you still in pain? How long have you had it for? I'm hoping the antibiotics will help to clear it faster.i

Tierney I had mastitis too and the antibiotics cleared it up quite quickly but I was feeding and pumping through it. It's an awful thing, I was crying with the pain. Hope it goes quick for you.

Lozzy you could try feeding her more upright and maybe elevating the head of her bed ?

Kelly yeah I'm on antibiotics but he struggled to find one to suit me as I'm allergic to penicillin and I said I was still trying to breastfeed, I've stopped trying to express as she screams when i try to latch her on and theres less than a mouthful coming through and she doesnt suck hard enough any more so no point stressing myself out, shes happy and putting on weight and pooing about 10 times a day! It bloody stinks! Shes got a sore bum from all the nappy changes! So doc got me on erythromycin and it says if you get itching to stop taking immediately and tell the doctor but it doesnt say why, my feet were itching like mad last night theyre fine today though... ? Pus started leaking from my scar so infection is coming out, just scared its gonna burst open or somethin! Did your scar leak?

How often do you change your LO's bum? I literally change Ava's nappy then she shits again straightaway....

When we where still in hospital with Eva MW said to changer her bum before each feed as it wakes her up before her feed, plus she wont be uncomfy taking her bottle if she has wet.

As for the £500 grant thing i always thought it ended on the 3rd of january and i couldnt get the forms because of al the x-mas-newyears holidays i thought id missed out, but can i still send away for it then? :shrug: would be a great help if so.

Also MIL & FIL coming over to stay with us next friday, we only moved into the new house last friday and havnt really done much unpacking, apart from the kitchen and bathroom. Kinda dreading it, just hoping MIL dosnt start to take over. She said to OH she was buying new slippers and PJ to leave here in my house for all her visits :nope:

I've finally got round to doingMadden's birth story

Hope everyone is ok, I've been reading on my iphone but not posting much as been having problems with PND but I'm now feeling a lot better and more positive. I've got in place a good support team including: dh, dr, midwife, health visitor, my mum and dh's work. Just taking each day as it is but have had a lot more positive days this week than negative days so hopefully this is the start of the recovery and I won't have any major relapses.

Lozzy think the mirena coil is the best as it doesnt contain any hormones i was considering it too.

Wondering wheter to try Ava on comfort milk as shes in pain everyday with wind and we burp her every 30ml of milk for quite a while but poor thing is still getting loads. Colief and infacol not helping, and shes not constipated her poos are like explosions of mustard with seeds in which the mw said is normal...do they reach a point where their tummy gets used to it and they stop being in pain?

Hope everyone is ok, I've been reading on my iphone but not posting much as been having problems with PND but I'm now feeling a lot better and more positive. I've got in place a good support team including: dh, dr, midwife, health visitor, my mum and dh's work. Just taking each day as it is but have had a lot more positive days this week than negative days so hopefully this is the start of the recovery and I won't have any major relapses.

aw so sorry you;ve got PND hun :hugs: I think I might be starting with it or have it - suffered with depression last year so can pick up on the way I'm feeling, i feel so guilty, tearful and overwhelmed and I'm so touchy I cry everytime OH says something to me. I'm so obsessed with the fact I cant breastfeed and the traumatic birth I feel like its overshadowing Ava and I'm trying hard to stop it. Being housebound doesnt help either now I have a post surgery infection on top I feel like a complete failure about everything :cry:

aw so sorry you;ve got PND hun :hugs: I think I might be starting with it or have it - suffered with depression last year so can pick up on the way I'm feeling, i feel so guilty, tearful and overwhelmed and I'm so touchy I cry everytime OH says something to me. I'm so obsessed with the fact I cant breastfeed and the traumatic birth I feel like its overshadowing Ava and I'm trying hard to stop it. Being housebound doesnt help either now I have a post surgery infection on top I feel like a complete failure about everything :cry:

Thanks Ness, I started off just keep bursting into tears for no apparent reason and it went from there :(. I think mine was brought on by quite a few triggers, not being able to breastfeed as I really wanted to do it and didn't feel as though I got much help with it in hospital and another being having him in hospital and then having to stay in 2 days although from my birth story it was best he was born in hospital in the end but it still affected me. I'm lucky that my dr is very sympathetic and very proactive so theres a lot of focus on what she can do the help and what everyone around me can do to help as well as what I can do to help myself.

:hugs: Sammi
Hope you feel better soon! It's bloody hard looking after a newborn! Just remember to look after YOU too. Madden needs you to be ok :)

Thanks Chloe, I'm a lot better now than I was 2 weeks ago but I know I'm still going to have the odd bad day but taking each day as it comes

Im bloody nackered...need to keep Freddie up more in the day so he sleeps more at night.
Im also really pissed off as he has gone from the 25th centile to the 2nd and the HV told me i need to top him up with formula! He has put on 10oz in 2 weeks...surely thats not bad! WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP TELLING ME TO GIVE HIM FORMULA!!!!
Sorry...it just makes me angry! I would understand if he hadn't gained or was loosing weight but he has put on 10oz ffs!

Im bloody nackered...need to keep Freddie up more in the day so he sleeps more at night.
Im also really pissed off as he has gone from the 25th centile to the 2nd and the HV told me i need to top him up with formula! He has put on 10oz in 2 weeks...surely thats not bad! WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP TELLING ME TO GIVE HIM FORMULA!!!!
Sorry...it just makes me angry! I would understand if he hadn't gained or was loosing weight but he has put on 10oz ffs!

That makes no sense! Madden was 10lb 9 on Tuesday even with a cold, both midwife and health visitor both said they wouldn't be worried if he didn't put on weight next week.

As if its not hard enough being a new parent, you always get made to feel guilty!!
No one has ever said well done for carrying on BFing, just why don't you switch to formula! I think the healthcare on the Isle of Wight needs an overhaul!

4oz a week is the minimum they like to see them gaining - when was he last weighed? At this stage it should only be once a month - it might be that he is going to put on 20oz in the next 2 weeks!

I sympethise though because Ivy is little (between 2nd/9th percentile) and I am so paranoid I am going to get told to top her up with formula - it is difficult when you have battled though cluster feeding etc resisting the urge to do it and then HV don't seem very supportive :hugs:

As if its not hard enough being a new parent, you always get made to feel guilty!!
No one has ever said well done for carrying on BFing, just why don't you switch to formula! I think the healthcare on the Isle of Wight needs an overhaul!

Sounds like it! But I don't understand why so much pressure is put on them charts? I can understand making sure they are continuing to grow and develop but it's all individual and they don't follow trends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->