December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

He has gained 10oz in 2 weeks.....so thats more than the minimum?
Ugh i think i may just not go to the clinic anymore! Idiots!

Ness i thought the marnia was the one with the hormones, ithe the copper coil that dosent have the hormones. I dont like the idea of the copper coil. If an egg does get fertalised it stops it implanting and the catholic in me thinks if one does get fertalised it should be given the chance to grow IYGWIM?

Chloe tell them to piss off, i dont get how hes put on 10 oz and dropped centiles that drasticly? Niamh is putting on 4oz a week, staying on the 98 centile AND is getting both formula and BM.

He has gained 10oz in 2 weeks.....so thats more than the minimum?
Ugh i think i may just not go to the clinic anymore! Idiots!

No one can force you to get your baby weighed - I am just going to go the bear minimum amount now.

If he is alert, plenty of wet and dirty nappies and you are happy that he is doing well that is all that matters.

You are doing really well with bf - is there a bf support group near to you? I went to one and it really reassured me about her weight :flower:

I say ignore them! If he is peeing/pooping enough I wouldn't worry. Maybe he's just going to be a little dude.

J's dr told me at her 1st appointment that they are happy if the baby averages .5oz a day. J has blown that average out of the water, but it was good to know.

Just worked it out, for them to say on those stupid centiles they need to be putting on 1lb every 2 weeks which for some babys isent realistic!

Like i said Chloe, Niamh gets a feed on the boob and the 5oz of formula pritty much every feed and shes only putting on 4oz a week and no one has said a thing. Just shows that formula isent all its cracked up to be. Have you checked there plotting it out right?

I say ignore them! If he is peeing/pooping enough I wouldn't worry. Maybe he's just going to be a little dude.

J's dr told me at her 1st appointment that they are happy if the baby averages .5oz a day. J has blown that average out of the water, but it was good to know.

5oz a day?!

Another thing Chloe, Madden isn't feeding brillantly because of his cold which I asked the midwife and health visitor about as I was concerned and they aren't worried that he's almost halved his feeds or is that because he's on formula so I can monitor what he's taking whereas bf you can't?

I will just check she has plotted it right! brb
Thanks gils your all really helpful and reasuring! :hugs:

What an idiot! He's on the 9th not the 2nd!! Fucking useless woman!

What a tool, you would think they would teach her how to plot a graph propperly

She even plotted it right, just couldn't read what line it was on!!! :rofl:
I shall just carry on as i was!

I really should be tidying now but i cba!
Getting a Jumperoo tomorrow, hope he will be in it in a few weeks! :)
He is already nearly holding his head up perfectly, he's much more interested in being active than he is in me :cry:

As if its not hard enough being a new parent, you always get made to feel guilty!!
No one has ever said well done for carrying on BFing, just why don't you switch to formula! I think the healthcare on the Isle of Wight needs an overhaul!

:growlmad: However we feed our babies there is ALWAYS opposition! It's crazy!

My health visitor seemed surprised I was 'still' breastfeeding, of course i'm 'still' breastfeeding...he's not even two weeks old :wacko:

I do think people need to constantly praise you though. I'm very lucky to have got the support in hospital that I got and at the same time I didn't think there was loads of pressure to breastfeed for the formula feeding mummies - which I also approve of. If you want to do it then they do all they can :) I think that's all you can ask of a midwife.

People always seem surprised that I'm breastfeeding because I'm young.

I'm off to read Madden's birthstory. I started writing one but it's already hideously long and I doubt anyone will have the time to read it hahaha

^^ Completely agree! People should just accept your decision and help you regardless!
Thats their job right? My hv looked like i had eaten a shit when i told her i was BFing! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->