December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

^^ Completely agree! People should just accept your decision and help you regardless!
Thats their job right? My hv looked like i had eaten a shit when i told her i was BFing! :rofl:

:haha: :rofl:!

XD!

Easiest way is just to watch the movie adaptation of Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code :p, I'm not a fan amusingly.
There's a song by 'The Who' called Stingy Silas also.

Basically all the references to his name are awful. Murdeous Albino Monk, smelly man who has a lot of money, then in Robert Frost's poem 'Death of a hired Man', as the name would sugest, Silas is an old man, who dies. :dohh:

But in the new testament he was friend to Paul the apostle and jailed with him where they sang together at midnight.

I just liked the name :p

Niamh has been asleep since 1, should i leave her or should i go wake her? I dont want it to be 11 again tonight before shes settled

Tell me about it...freddies been asleep since half 12 :(
He never sleeps this well in the night!

I didnt get any help with formula feeding in hospital and it wasnt even my fault I couldnt breastfeed, I'd lost a litre of blood, needed a transfusion of two pints, and she wasnt getting anything from me nd was screaming the hospital ward down, my nipples were bleeding and raw from her sucking like crazy but there being nothing there for her and they basically left me to it when I gave in to formula after two days, I still have barely anything more than a teaspoon a day despite pumping and trying to latch her on is awful she just screams and refuses my nipple :cry:

Ava only wakes twice for a feed in the night but she gets a bad windy tummy every night so we're up with her crying in pain for at least an hour trying to settle her poor thing

I spoke to soon, i can hear her stiring.

Ness if your wanting to stick with it have you tryed the shields? If you try to put her on after half her formula so shes not so hungry she might go on easier

I got no support in hospital unless i asked for it once told them i trained as a nursary nurse. One stupid MW assistant told me i couldent change Niamh's nappy untill she showed me how :dohh:

Tell me about it...freddies been asleep since half 12 :(
He never sleeps this well in the night!

Madden has been asleep since 12 and still asleep, he's got his whole feeding schedule wrong :(

Ness, I feel as though Madden's birth is something that has led to the PND which is why I'm being referred to the perinatal support group by my dr. Could this perhaps be an option for you?

Sammi ive got the health visitor coming tomorrow im gonna chat to her about it shes already suggested a breastfeeding counsellor to put me in touch with.

Lozzy I've mislaid the nipple shields but gonna have a dig around now OH is home I'll try latching her on with those after her next feed though whenever I try to latch her on she kicks up a fuss

Sammi theres exactly a week between Madden and Ava!

So there is!!

I didn't ask my midwife about a breast feeding counsellor as I already knew it was the same woman from the hospital who I didn't find helpful :(

Aw thats a shame i dont think she'll be able to help but its worth speaking to her. Considerin they're so pushy about breastfeeding they didnt encourage me to carry on and persevere or suggest anything or mention that bloodloss can delay your milk coming in, in fact no one from the surgery team came to see me to explain anything about what they'd done or what had happened

Hi ladies

Just a quick visit to say hello. Seems like we all struggle with the same issues so it's great that we have each other to help along.

Rosie is 1 month old tomorrow - can't quite believe it. she was weighed yesterday and is now 7lb 9oz which is 1lb heavier than when she was born. I am still bfeeding and she is on the 9th centile.

We have a bedtime routine of around 7/8pm of feed, bath, cuddle and top-up feed. She usually wakes around 12pm and then 4am and then 7am - so it's not too bad.

My sister is here and watching Rosie so I'm going off to make the tea. We're having chicken curry!! lol

Speak to you soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anybody else feeding LO's on cow&gate?? We have noticed that since changing from that alfull sma to c&g, Immy has a poop every single feed...?! is that normal lol?

also had first trip out today further then the local town :) went to hull toys r us to spoil our little one hehe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->