December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Reading is good idea, I never thought of reading to Lyra. What kinda things do you read to her? Do you sit her so she can see the pictures?

SIL was round today and was bragging her baby sleeps through the night already (6 weeks) then she told me she only got him to do it by letting him CIO :nope: then told me I should do it with Lyra...

Those of you that have bought wraps do you know if you can breastfeed easily with them? I was thinking of getting one so I can get stuff done while I feed Lyra since it takes so long xx

My boy slept 5 hours straight last night!!!!:happydance: Then three more and then two more. I feel so much better. I kept him up most of the day yesterday and let him only have a short late nap. I am hoping to keep this up today.
For the ladies with babies who are spitting up a lot... my baby was doing that too. I stopped eating/drinking dairy for 4 days and it really eased up as did his gas. I had some dairy yesterday and back to gas/spitting up today. No more dairy for me. Totally worth it if he feels better.

I can feed in my moby....it has a bit in the booklet with a BFing hold :)
I wouldn't let Freddie CIO...at this age they cry because they need something.
She will sleep longer in her own time :hugs:

Reading is good idea, I never thought of reading to Lyra. What kinda things do you read to her? Do you sit her so she can see the pictures?

SIL was round today and was bragging her baby sleeps through the night already (6 weeks) then she told me she only got him to do it by letting him CIO :nope: then told me I should do it with Lyra...

Those of you that have bought wraps do you know if you can breastfeed easily with them? I was thinking of getting one so I can get stuff done while I feed Lyra since it takes so long xx

I got her a few books for christmas, at the moment were reading nursery rhymes as for the wrap i think it depnds on how big your boobs are, i could never do it

I could never do CIO but i dont pick her up at the first moan

Yer, where you leave your baby to cry.

OH just said something and im trying not to vcry. Im still gutted i dident get my homebirth and it hurts as il never have one. Hes just done the whole,i cant belive your still upset about that shouldent having a baby be the important thing

Men really don't understand how emotional giving birth is. I'm sorry he was mean. That really sucks.:hugs:

:hugs: why will you never get one lozzy? Men don't understand the emotional aspect of our births, my OH doesn't understand I'm still upset that I had to leave Lyra with him for over an hour while I had my stitches. I'm sure you will feel better as time goes on xx

CIO is crying it out. Basically she has left her 6 week old son to cry himself to sleep in the dark room alone. She said I should do it and when I said I couldn't leave her to cry because it would break my heart she just said 'well it's got to be done some time' :nope:

At 6 months plus, if nothing else works I might do it but never so young just because I want more sleep. Her poor baby now sleeps 12 hours straight at night because he knows there is no point crying :cry: if it was anyone else I would say something but it's such a difficult situation xx

I still feel bad for the way my DS1's birth was (11 hours labour, emergency csection under GA, didnt see him until he was 6 hours old:cry:) That was 18 years ago! :dohh:

But, given time, you realise that its not those first hours that count, its the hours/days/weeks/months/years after :hugs:

My Son certainly doesnt remember who held him first, who fed him & changed him.....But he does remember who took him to nursery & school, who took him to the park & who cared for him when he was poorly :hugs:

:hugs:Hugs to everyone that didnt get the births they wanted/expected :hugs:

They have allready said they will want me to be in hospital for any other children and to be honest as much as i still want a home birth, having Niamh scared the shit out of me. She could have died or sufferd brain damage and its my fault, my body failed her.

This was her at 30 mins old after she had "pinked" up
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/75817_10150349067070008_857650007_15813723_7992902_n.jpg

I do it as part of her wined down before bed since she doesnt have a bath every day and i like reading lol.

And tonight part of mummys wined down will be a glass of baileys and a bar of chocolate

Last night I had a Captain and Coke for my wind down time... it was lovely.. DH topped J off with EBM for me :)

Im still totally traumatised by my birth experience and i still get upset. I know it could have been worse but that doesnt make me feel much better. I find myself randomly talking about it to OH and asking questions. Think it helps me cope and helping me get over it and move on.

Anybody else feeding LO's on cow&gate?? We have noticed that since changing from that alfull sma to c&g, Immy has a poop every single feed...?! is that normal lol?

also had first trip out today further then the local town :) went to hull toys r us to spoil our little one hehe x

I fed Eva cow & gate, she would normaly do 2 poo's a day or during the night.

Well im leaving Eva with OH tomoz for the first time, its my mums birthday and myself an my 5 sisters always take her out for a birthday meal, i wasnt going to go but iv never missed the meal, and wouldnt wont to let my mum donw. Im sure OH will be ok but i no Eva will be the only thing i will be able to think about the whole night.

Im abit upset with OH at the minute, i always get up for night feeds and i also do day time feeds, OH only dose about 1 during the day and half the time he pass's Eva to me half way through the bottle to give her the rest. He says i cuddle her to much and she dosnt settle for him because of this :shrug: Urgh men!

Eva is three weeks today and we are going to bump her up to 5oz on her next feed, as she still wonts more after 4oz, just wondering if its abit much for her only being 3weeks?

Well im leaving Eva with OH tomoz for the first time, its my mums birthday and myself an my 5 sisters always take her out for a birthday meal, i wasnt going to go but iv never missed the meal, and wouldnt wont to let my mum donw. Im sure OH will be ok but i no Eva will be the only thing i will be able to think about the whole night.

Im abit upset with OH at the minute, i always get up for night feeds and i also do day time feeds, OH only dose about 1 during the day and half the time he pass's Eva to me half way through the bottle to give her the rest. He says i cuddle her to much and she dosnt settle for him because of this :shrug: Urgh men!

Eva is three weeks today and we are going to bump her up to 5oz on her next feed, as she still wonts more after 4oz, just wondering if its abit much for her only being 3weeks?

I'd bring LO with me :) But you deserve a couple hours away.

If she wants 4oz, then give it to her. Even if she only takes 3.5.. at least she is nice and full.

I'm sure Ailsa was on 5oz bottles by 3 weeks as well - we've just upped her to 6oz bottles now - she doesn't always finish them but at least 1 or 2 feeds a day she does. This morning however she gone almost 11hrs overnight between feeds and she still has 2.5oz of her bottle left!!!

My DH has gone and got all broody on me! He nolw doesn't ewant the snip and wants us to start trying for another!!!!!! Lol! I can't believe it and am in a bit of shock I think!!!

Meadow has only just gone up to 4oz....But she has only just started with the formula feeding, so may be taking a little longer :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->