December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Maddens on 4ozs if he hadn't had a cold I reckon he'd be on 5oz bottles

Did you girls see the news!!
There was 2 midwives in there arguing about breastfeeding and weaning! One of wich was a BFing counceller!! She was saying if your baby is hungry after milk...give them solids AND give them formula if they are hungry when BFing!!!
Think they are changing the "guidelines" for weaning to 4 months.
I honestly think i will be ignoring anything said to me now because everything changes So much!
Just going to trust my mummy instinct now :)

i was always told/read to start weaning between 4-6 months and to take signs from yr baby as to when they are ready, such as they start waking in the night when they were previously sleeping through and they eye up yr food longingly when yr eating!!!

ultimately mummy nos best so do trust yr instincts, hv and mw are their to offer advice and give us all the facts etc.

Did you girls see the news!!
There was 2 midwives in there arguing about breastfeeding and weaning! One of wich was a BFing counceller!! She was saying if your baby is hungry after milk...give them solids AND give them formula if they are hungry when BFing!!!
Think they are changing the "guidelines" for weaning to 4 months.
I honestly think i will be ignoring anything said to me now because everything changes So much!
Just going to trust my mummy instinct now :)

I saw this, it made me chuckle. Since My Immy was born, everything my MW has told me to do or said to do has gone right out the window and i am doing it my way. Nobodys telling me how to bring up my baby or when i can and cant feed her solids :)
My mum was feeding me baby rice or something when i was her age, she showed me a picture of me with my face full lol.

HV coming today, weighing my Immybear <3 i think she has put alot on since she was weighed last friday... the little piggywinkle<3<3:kiss::kiss::cloud9::cloud9:

LADIES!!! if you havent already, please sign this campaigne :) https://www.fishfight.net/

is anyone else have probs getting on fb or is it just my silly computer?

Im having problems to. Do you think you will try for another one?

well thats good then! thought it was my laptop so deleted loads of stuff and defrag it and allsorts trying to sort it!!! Lol!!!

I really don't know, i'd completely accepted and come to terms that we were going have just the one and then DH would have the snip, I was umming and aahhing a bit when i was preg and if i'd had another boy then i think i would have jumped at the chance to try again but now i have one of each i don't feel like i need to have anymore iykwim but i so love and enjoy being preg, i do miss my bump and pregnancy! i just don't know - i think its too soon for me to make a sensible decision - have said to DH we'll give it 6 months and then decide cause i think yr ment to wait 6 months after a section before ttc again anyway!

i was just soo shocked when dh came out with it last night, when we met neither of us wanted anymore and if we'd met a few months later he would have already had the snip! then when we decided to start trying it was always on the proviso that we'd have 1 then he'd have the snip and that was from him, his idea and he was adament that this is what we would do! and at one point while we were ttc we'd been trying for over a year and i suffered an early mc he decided he'd had enough and didn't want to try anymore!!! so for him to come out saying he wants us to ttc again is a major about turn!!!!!

I am in a bit of a pickle :(
So me and OH decided to give Freddie his surname i said only if he was going to marry me....because i don't want a different name to my baby!
I am really hating it and the doctor asked me the other day why he has my OH's surname :cry:
I really don't think he is ever going to ask me and i can't go much longer having a different name BUT i don't want to make him feel like im forcing him to marry me :(

Anouska, we were a bit like that after having becca, but put it on hold for a couple of years. OH said to me after a year lets have another one, which shocked me. But now we have James. THIS IS DEFINATELY MY LAST!!! I told my mw if she sees me again to shoot me, lol

Mummyclo, i hated the thought of having a diffrent name to my kids as well, its horrible. But there is no way my OH would ask me to marry him, he doesnt see the point as long as we are happy. So i gave up and changed my name by deedpole in the end.

But you have to do whats best for you :hugs::hugs:

I am in a bit of a pickle :(
So me and OH decided to give Freddie his surname i said only if he was going to marry me....because i don't want a different name to my baby!
I am really hating it and the doctor asked me the other day why he has my OH's surname :cry:
I really don't think he is ever going to ask me and i can't go much longer having a different name BUT i don't want to make him feel like im forcing him to marry me :(

Oh hun bless you! I know how you feel as Wil has his Dads surname and I obviously now have my current DHs surname. I feel sorry for Wil more than anything thing as feel he may feel left out having a different surname to me DH and Ailsa but at the end of the day it is only a name and he is yr son no matter what. I'm sure your OH does want to marry you and he will ask you in his own time just give him some space and don't make him feel pressured and I'm sure he will surprise you soon!

Now he has yr OHs surname it will be incredibly difficult for you to get it changed - I know cause DHs ex threaten to change his sons surname to hers so we looked into it then.

Anouska, we were a bit like that after having becca, but put it on hold for a couple of years. OH said to me after a year lets have another one, which shocked me. But now we have James. THIS IS DEFINATELY MY LAST!!! I told my mw if she sees me again to shoot me, lol

Mummyclo, i hated the thought of having a diffrent name to my kids as well, its horrible. But there is no way my OH would ask me to marry him, he doesnt see the point as long as we are happy. So i gave up and changed my name by deedpole in the end.

But you have to do whats best for you :hugs::hugs:

Was just looking online and every website I found says they recommend not to conceive for at least 18-24 months after a c-section or vaginal delivery but under certain circumstances (if yr over 35 etc) and want to start trying sooner they recommend waiting at least 6 months but to speak to yr gp/mw/hv!

Wow didnt realise it was so long, knew about waiting 6 months but not longer. Still gives you both some thinking time x

Why wouldent LO have OH's surname? Dident even cross my mind to give Niamh mine.

How long have you been together Chloe?

I cant remember living with some one who had the same surname as me, by the time i could remember my mum had remarried.

I know i was shocked the dr asked me why! I was going to say why not? :haha:
We have been together 2 and a half years.

If it makes you feel any better wev been together nearly 5 and im still waiting :dohh: Iv told him we will be married by the time she starts school, he asked in how many years is that and went on mlaying his game

Wow didnt realise it was so long, knew about waiting 6 months but not longer. Still gives you both some thinking time x

it took us over 2.5 yrs to conceive Ailsa and as i'm 35 this year and dh 38 if we did decide to try again i think we would speak to the dr and see if we could start ttc when A is 6-9 months old!

:rofl: MEN!!
I have told him but i don't know if he actually paid any attention!
I will leave him be for a bit....but then i shall threaten to change his name!

If it makes you feel any better wev been together nearly 5 and im still waiting :dohh: Iv told him we will be married by the time she starts school, he asked in how many years is that and went on mlaying his game

i worked out that if things stay the same as they are then Ailsa will start nursery in Jan 2014 and school in September 2015!

i worked out that if things stay the same as they are then Ailsa will start nursery in Jan 2014 and school in September 2015!

That seems ages away but i bet it will fly by. My and my mam worked out that Niamh and my brother will be in school at the same time. She will be starting secondary school as he is going into his last year.

Imadgine having your uncle in school at the same time as you:dohh:

yep its only 3 years before they start half day at nursery, it'll soon b here - only seems like yesterday that Wil was starting nursery and hes Year 1 now!!!!! Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->