December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Mizze - mastitis is GROSS. You would know if you had it. You would have a very very sore and tender patch on your breast with a redness to the area. You may also get fluey symptoms with it. Just keep an eye. The doctor gave me amoxycillin for 7 days it, this is fine for when you are breastfeeding. I also had to keep feeding from that boob otherwise it would have gotten much worse.

Tired, daddys doing bed time.

Walked 2 miles yesterday and when i got back i was in agony with my pelvis again. Aparently it can take months to go away but im sure it was damaged some how when she was deliverd.

My microwave steriliser has somehow melted my breast pump and the teat for lyras bottle! :saywhat: this does give me an excuse to look into an electric one though.

She rolled from her back to her side today! I can't believe it she's dying to get up and about :haha: xx

what one do you have? iv the tommie tippie one an its pretty good only takes 8 mins.

thanks girls!! I change her usually in the middle of her feed to wake her up unless she already has a poo in her nappy which i can of course smell ha ha :haha: but she poos when shes had a feed too so I end up having t hange her again. I worry about the amonia and her getting a sore tuppy and bum - the newborn size 1 nappies are crap though I've just put her a number 2 on given shes nearly 10lb now! they seem more absorbant.

Butterfly you tke 3 fenugreek 3 times a day from what I've read online but sure someone will correct that if its wrong - the guideline I read was that if you dont smell like maple syrup you're not taking enough lol!

Ava has scratched her face loads, I dont like putting scratch mits on her though as she likes to suck her fingers but the scratches have left little pieces of dry skin, is there anything I can put on them perhaps a tiny bit of olive oil?

Eva is the same so i put scratch mits on for a few hours then take them of to let some air round her hands.

Here is the pic of Eva's 3wk footprint, thats the one id like as a tattoo :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC00820.jpg
    DSC00820.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
Evening all :)

Its amazing how much its all changed since we would chat on bnb about being pregnant!

Eva has started to copy me, she sticks her tongue out at me when i do it to her lol x

Courtney I was/am tempted to get a tattoo of Maddens footprint and dob but not sure where I would get it as I've got a butterfly on my lower back

Sammi, OH wants her footprint on the top of his foot.

Mothers milk tea is also a good supplement for helping aid in lactation. It doesn't taste too bad either.:thumbup:

Waaaah?! I don't fancy that. First bottle I expressed I just lost all interest in the taste of my milk, it just looked seriously unappealing. It's less yellow now and to be honest I still don't fancy it, I think I'd rather try someone else's than my own.

Lol. It's just a regular herbal tea that is supposed to help you lactate more. :thumbup:

That's the one I have youngNImum. I have no idea how it happened! Maybe I didn't put enough water in or something :wacko: xx

Sammi, OH wants her footprint on the top of his foot.

Ouch!!! I've got a bee on my foot that's meant to be one of three but I couldn't get the rest done! I was thinking my shoulder...

Courtney I was/am tempted to get a tattoo of Maddens footprint and dob but not sure where I would get it as I've got a butterfly on my lower back

Iv stars on th top side of my hand, so i was thinking of getting it on the inside of my wrist, or the side of my arm not 100% sure yet. BUt i wont it somewhere i can see it and others.

That's the one I have youngNImum. I have no idea how it happened! Maybe I didn't put enough water in or something :wacko: xx

its says your ment to put 200ml i just judge how much i put in half the time, maybe your microwave is set to high?

Ness - You are doing really well, you went through a hell of a lot and I'm not sure I could've coped with a traumatic birth and then the despair of being unable to breastfeed. I don't think i've said that yet but each time you mention it I feel it. I'm sure everyone just tells you to be thankfull that she's here safe, but I know that's the last thing you probably want to hear.
:hugs:
You are doing really well x

Mothers milk tea is also a good supplement for helping aid in lactation. It doesn't taste too bad either.:thumbup:

Waaaah?! I don't fancy that. First bottle I expressed I just lost all interest in the taste of my milk, it just looked seriously unappealing. It's less yellow now and to be honest I still don't fancy it, I think I'd rather try someone else's than my own.

:rofl: No no.. it's a tea that stimulates lactation.. not actual milk..

Congrats on finally being done mizze! Yes.. your boobs will be hard and sore for several days.. mine still get that way if I go too long between feeds.

Hey girls I've been reading just not posting muchas I normally catch up on my phone on the night feeds.
It's lovely to read how everyone is getting on.
Juliette was very unsettled and had awfulnappies there fir about a week as a result of my antibiotics for mastitis but thankfully seems to be back to herself now.
I'm having real difficulty getting her to take a bottle of ebm, it's something we really want to be able to do so hubbie can feed her and I can leave her with someone to give me some time with grace who is missing mammy :(
We had a bit of excitement last week, my brother and sis in law discovered at their twenty week scan they are having identical twins!!! It was missed on their other scans! So we are all thrilled but shocked! Nat I might be picking your brain for some tips for them!
Right Juliette seems to be settling so I'm off to get some more shut eye before it's feeding time at the zoo again x

I love that night feeds r bnb catch up time lol. I currently have a bottle in one hand and my phone in the other :rofl:

and i still miss out on the early morning catch up! when i was preg i didn't have the sleep problems some of u had and now A is here first dh did the night feeds and now shes going thru!! mayb i should set an alarm and just get up early to come chat to u guys!! lol!!!

Eva has started to copy me, she sticks her tongue out at me when i do it to her lol x

Same here! I thought it was all a massive cosmic sized coincidence but it seems she really is a little monkey.

and i still miss out on the early morning catch up! when i was preg i didn't have the sleep problems some of u had and now A is here first dh did the night feeds and now shes going thru!! mayb i should set an alarm and just get up early to come chat to u guys!! lol!!!

My mister does the night feeds too. Well all feeds but the morning and two in the evening, really. My Miss falls asleep too, which reminds me. I've been meaning to ask other mums:

What is the actual definition of a Dream Feed? I get all sorts of conflicting info. It's a night time feed. Is it not with a semi-asleep baby too? I thought that was the case and then when we were in the hospital the doctor said I should no longer feed her when she's asleep as that's dangerous, she could choke. I had presumed that she is not really asleep or she wouldn't be able to swallow :shrug: Any thoughts?

A dream feed is a feed where babys are asleep. Not sure what your doctors on about realy as babys can suck and swallow while asleep they are asleep.

That is just what I thought! Madness, the woman made me feel like a murderer for ever feeding my child without waking her up. - which mind, I have tried doing and demonstrated to her was impossible, she didn't care about having her diaper changed, some drops of water on her tootsies or even being slightly pinched as a nurse decided to try.

Mizze - they def had some issues with latching at first, and still do struggle sometimes tbh. The first week or so i would SCREAM in toe curling agony from the pain of them feeding. I expressed for 2 days and that break did my boobs the world of good. If you push your finger in under your areola with space for babies lips this shape of the boob makes it easier for the little ones to latch. I also found that me laying back with babies body vertically on top of me was the best position for them to feed.

And with that i am now weaning myself off of breastfeeding! I honestly cant do it anymore. I'm a sty, i cry all the time, i have so much leakage that i constantly smell and am soaked, i have to change my bras 3 times a day, and im just fed up fed up fed up. I dont feel like a human being anymore and dont know who the hell i am these days. I feel im going to sink into PND so feel this will be best for me, as guilty as i feel about it. I know i shouldnt but feel ive been brainwashed by the whole 'breast is best' mantra.

My boy had his circumcision on saturday, he was so brave! He cried when they gave him the anaesthetic to numb the area, but apart from that he was so good, my little monkey!

Also, both babies, Ayden especially, really does sick up quite a bit when i feed him so may be a bit refluxy. I got some gaviscon sachets after the peadiatrition told me it may help. Has anyone else used these? I've used them for the past couple of days, i think hes doing better but not sure, hes still a little sicky but is it normal for babies to sick up a little bit after every feed?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wow Nat you have done AMAZING to get this far. Never feel bad for making the decisions you do. Your babies need their mummy too not just your milk.

Glad the circumcision went well. xx

This is where everyone is!
Hello again.
I've only read a few pages but nice to read about how you're all doing now and that we're all going through similar experiences. I feel normalish again now I've seen this thread :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->