December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Lozzy what time do you put Niamh to bed and how often does she wake? Xx

She goes to bed at 7-7.30 and she was going 6 hours having a feed and then going another 5 hours but shes wanting fed every 4 hours at the moment

Totally shocked, think my LO is having a growth spurt, shes had three 4oz bottles with only an hour and a half inbetween.. the little piggy... but this morning she was as usual :s
hope she isnt like this all night, OH ios really grumpy on a night now hes back at work and has to be up for 6 :'(

Iv been a naughty girl and youtubed shoulder dystocia and found a vidio that showed exactly what happend.

I can't believe it! My boy slept 11 hours last night!!! He went to bed at 9:30, woke at 2:00. Back to sleep by 3:00, up at 6:30 and then went back to sleep from 8:15 till 11:15!!!:happydance: He just went down for a nap too. I actually feel human. I even was up before him today and worked out for an hour. I feel good. I hope he can sleep for me tonight too. One can hope, right?:shrug:

I had my lil man in bed and asleep for 9pm tonight :thumbup: wahoo!

We had our first bath together tonight too :) was so lovely! I was a bit chilly sat in a warm, shallow bath but it was nice to play with him in the water, he was kicking away and gurgling at me :cloud9: so cute!

Ducky l think Oliver and Dara could be as old, what is his birthday?

LO is terrible at night :( I don't think he likes our bedroom - he settles lovely in the living room with the telly on. I've given in this morning and set up camp on the sofa at 5, he's just finished feeding & hopefully will sleep for a bit. I've had 4.5 hrs sleep in two days :thumbup:

Has anyones LO been terrible at night & unsettled at thus age? Did they eventually get nights & days right? Or did you have to do something to help them?

I've started patting him for awhile before picking him up when he's crying because I know nothing's wrong with him. Hopefully he learns that he can settle himself & sleep without mummy holding him all the time :thumbup:

Feeling much better in myself now. Did my makeup yesterday & went for a walk! Got to use my pram finally :cloud9: it's a dream to push n I can't wait for longer walks :D I feel a bit mire in control now & less anxious about everything...so slowly but surely :thumbup:

Glad you're doing so well Mizzie :thumbup: ouchie regarding the nips! Do you use lansinoh? When I breastfed for awhile I used it & it helped quite a bit.

Right LO is conked out :happydance: gonna try and get some sleep...even if it's on my uncomfortable sofa!!!

Were using infacol, it really does work, we have found giving it about 5/10 mins before works much much better.

just thinking today, when do you change the teats on bottles, and how do you know what to get next.. was looking at them in boots today as they were on offer, i then thought to myself, how on earth do you know when to change them or what to change them to lol

also been offered a tommie tippee nappy wrapper.. are they any good?

3week old immy wide awake in her moses basket, just started cooing and things.. dead cute <3

i think yr ment to replace terats every 2 months as they start to deteriorate. I've just changed Ailsa onto variflow teats.

How baby caitlyn doing Mizzie?

When MW came out for the 2nd visit she notcied a red blotch on Eva's back and showed me it to keep an eye on. I been checking it every time i bath her and its gotten biger and redder, im pretty sure its one of those brown mole things but its really red, but aint sure if it just hasnt turned brown yet, im going to show it tp the HV on friday and its playing on my mins abit.

it sounds like a strawberry birthmark to me, Ailsa has a little one on her forehead, they do get bigger but then they tend to shrink/disappear by the time they're a year old.

LO is terrible at night :( I don't think he likes our bedroom - he settles lovely in the living room with the telly on. I've given in this morning and set up camp on the sofa at 5, he's just finished feeding & hopefully will sleep for a bit. I've had 4.5 hrs sleep in two days :thumbup:

Has anyones LO been terrible at night & unsettled at thus age? Did they eventually get nights & days right? Or did you have to do something to help them?

I've started patting him for awhile before picking him up when he's crying because I know nothing's wrong with him. Hopefully he learns that he can settle himself & sleep without mummy holding him all the time :thumbup:

Feeling much better in myself now. Did my makeup yesterday & went for a walk! Got to use my pram finally :cloud9: it's a dream to push n I can't wait for longer walks :D I feel a bit mire in control now & less anxious about everything...so slowly but surely :thumbup:

Glad you're doing so well Mizzie :thumbup: ouchie regarding the nips! Do you use lansinoh? When I breastfed for awhile I used it & it helped quite a bit.

Right LO is conked out :happydance: gonna try and get some sleep...even if it's on my uncomfortable sofa!!!

having a bedtime routine for lo will help to distinguish between night and day. With A we start at about 7pm and bath her and put her in pjs then she has a bottle with the lights and tv turned down and then when shes finished straight into her bed and then thats her asleep till 6am in the morning!

Were using infacol, it really does work, we have found giving it about 5/10 mins before works much much better.

just thinking today, when do you change the teats on bottles, and how do you know what to get next.. was looking at them in boots today as they were on offer, i then thought to myself, how on earth do you know when to change them or what to change them to lol

also been offered a tommie tippee nappy wrapper.. are they any good?

3week old immy wide awake in her moses basket, just started cooing and things.. dead cute <3
Yes I have one and think it's great. Currently on offer in the asda baby event too :thumbup:

wow, thanks im struggling to get him to be full at the moment so shall see if this makes a difference!
Hows it going with your weening Niamh off the formula?
You could always try domperidone - if your doctor won't prescribe it you can get it from the pharmacy :shrug:

Yes I thought it was 6 weeks - DH bless him is just so desperate to take her out and about - :D

I had a lovely card from him today and a Thank you one from Caitlyn for carrying her and bringing her safely into the world - que bawling Mummy :cry: :blush: t'was lovely! :)

Mizze xx
Aww Mizze that is so lovely. I didn't get a fecking thing! LOL My DH is very hands on though and settles Rosie after night feeds so should be thankful for that!! LOL

How baby caitlyn doing Mizzie?

When MW came out for the 2nd visit she notcied a red blotch on Eva's back and showed me it to keep an eye on. I been checking it every time i bath her and its gotten biger and redder, im pretty sure its one of those brown mole things but its really red, but aint sure if it just hasnt turned brown yet, im going to show it tp the HV on friday and its playing on my mins abit.
Hope all is ok hun :hugs:

I can't believe it! My boy slept 11 hours last night!!! He went to bed at 9:30, woke at 2:00. Back to sleep by 3:00, up at 6:30 and then went back to sleep from 8:15 till 11:15!!!:happydance: He just went down for a nap too. I actually feel human. I even was up before him today and worked out for an hour. I feel good. I hope he can sleep for me tonight too. One can hope, right?:shrug:
Yippee for sleep!! :happydance:

I had my lil man in bed and asleep for 9pm tonight :thumbup: wahoo!

We had our first bath together tonight too :) was so lovely! I was a bit chilly sat in a warm, shallow bath but it was nice to play with him in the water, he was kicking away and gurgling at me :cloud9: so cute!
Aww a bath together sounds lovely :kiss: I'd love to do that but can't get in and out of bath at the moment with my pulled muscle . . . thankfully we have a walk in shower!!

We play a CD of womb sounds - rosie settles really well to that :thumbup:

Hi guys sorry Im not on much I'm struggling to keep up with all the posts plus by the time I get chance to get on a visitor comes round or Ava wakes up and needs feeding or changing!

Mizze yeah hun I got abut 2 or three drops from each boob despite expressing 4 times a day and Ava screamed for ages and got hysterical whenever I tried to latch her on, I tried before during and after a bottle but no joy. Tried to see a bf counsellor but they expected me to get on a bus with Ava and her pram to go to the hospital 2 weeks after a c sec!

Hope you're managing to take it easy and not exerting yourself - I found the first week the hardest and after that I forgot I'd had major surgery and had to keep reminding myself not to do anything. It felt tight when I went to the toilet for about 2 weeks but thats gone, I just get sensitive patches now my infection has cleared up and its still bulgy.

speaking of c secs when does the bulge around yur scar go down? How long til it looks normal again and when can I get a bath? just having showers at the moment!

sam Ava was like that too she still has nights like it where she just wont settle - the health visitor told me that babies have a chemical in their brain thats not released til around 6-8 weeks that tells them the difference between night and day until then thogh you just have to persevere with the long nights hun. I've noticed a big change in Ava since changing to Aptamil Comfort, shes much more settled and seems to be getting trumps and poos out much easier than before as well.

I've just had my caesarean belt delivered its ace! Ava is always kicking me in my scar so hopefully itll protect it from her strong little feet!!

how do you guys measure your water for formula? By ounce or ml?

i had a nappy wrapper with Wil - it was great and really handy but i did find the cartridge refils rather expensive - with Ailsa i'm just using asda value nappy sacks!

Do any of you formula feeding ever manage to get a bottle to your LO before they start screaming? I dont know how anyone would manage it!

I go and put the bottle on to warm as soon as she starts stirring or making little noises, but shes usually crying before its warmed up enough - how on earth they expect you to make each feed fresh is beyond me! The baby would be screaming for 15 minutes!!

i had a nappy wrapper with Wil - it was great and really handy but i did find the cartridge refils rather expensive - with Ailsa i'm just using asda value nappy sacks!

I've got an angelcare one in Ava's room but tbh I find it easier just using value nappy sacks - the're like 9p for about 200 too, I also use them for sanitary towels :thumbup:

Hi guys sorry Im not on much I'm struggling to keep up with all the posts plus by the time I get chance to get on a visitor comes round or Ava wakes up and needs feeding or changing!

Mizze yeah hun I got abut 2 or three drops from each boob despite expressing 4 times a day and Ava screamed for ages and got hysterical whenever I tried to latch her on, I tried before during and after a bottle but no joy. Tried to see a bf counsellor but they expected me to get on a bus with Ava and her pram to go to the hospital 2 weeks after a c sec!

Hope you're managing to take it easy and not exerting yourself - I found the first week the hardest and after that I forgot I'd had major surgery and had to keep reminding myself not to do anything. It felt tight when I went to the toilet for about 2 weeks but thats gone, I just get sensitive patches now my infection has cleared up and its still bulgy.

speaking of c secs when does the bulge around yur scar go down? How long til it looks normal again and when can I get a bath? just having showers at the moment!

sam Ava was like that too she still has nights like it where she just wont settle - the health visitor told me that babies have a chemical in their brain thats not released til around 6-8 weeks that tells them the difference between night and day until then thogh you just have to persevere with the long nights hun. I've noticed a big change in Ava since changing to Aptamil Comfort, shes much more settled and seems to be getting trumps and poos out much easier than before as well.

I've just had my caesarean belt delivered its ace! Ava is always kicking me in my scar so hopefully itll protect it from her strong little feet!!

how do you guys measure your water for formula? By ounce or ml?

I've still got a bit of a baby pounch but then this is my 2nd baby and 2nd c-sec - don't think mines gonna go down anymore now without some exercise!!
And i'm sure u'd b fine to have a bath now hun.

i meause the water by ounce cause its the same number of ozs of water as scoops of formula so makes things easier for my poor baby brain!!!!

Awwww i love you new avatars Ness and Anouska!
I can't change mine :cry:

Do any of you formula feeding ever manage to get a bottle to your LO before they start screaming? I dont know how anyone would manage it!

I go and put the bottle on to warm as soon as she starts stirring or making little noises, but shes usually crying before its warmed up enough - how on earth they expect you to make each feed fresh is beyond me! The baby would be screaming for 15 minutes!!

sometimes Ailsa will be screaming before i get her bottle warmed up, last night she was inconsolable, DH was cuddling her while i was getting the bottle ready and she was still crying but that was a mix of hunger and tiredness cause she was ready for bed!

sometimes they just need to cry for it bit - its the only way they can get eercise and express themselves when they are soo little!
i know its stressful when they cry but just try to relax and don't panic!!!!

Morning Girls.....:flower:

Hope everyone & their LO's are well :kiss:

Thanks to those that replied to my post about what was wrong with her & thanks for the links to colic/reflux pages :hugs:

After trying about 6 different bottles/teats & Meadow still being 'fussy' having a bottle...I rang the health visitor to discuss the possibility of reflux/wind/colic

Turns out all her symptoms point to 'silent reflux' & hv advised me to change her milk from aptamil 1st to aptamil comfort & go back to our DrBrowns bottles

I did this & so far I have seen a great improvement, she can now drink her bottle :happydance: She is still suffering a little with it, but at least now I know whats wrong with her :baby:

Hopefully she wont need to get any medication for it...FX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"