December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Finally got round to writing my birth story!! Hope everyone is well - very quiet on here today . . .

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...ection-birth-story-traumatic.html#post8719239

Lyra is getting terrible at taking a nap, she's such a nosey bugger she really fights her sleep becuase she doesn't want to miss anything... No idea where she gets that from :haha: I've had to swaddle her, give her a dummy and make the house all quiet to get her to drop off :dohh:

I've finally stopped bleeding :happydance: it stopped literally overnight, very strange! Now I'll be on pins waiting for a period, I'm really hoping it's not for a while yet, I hate the blasted thing so much.

For thoses who's babys have reflux and bad wind if you havnt already give Infacol a try, we've been using it for a week now and Lyra is much better :thumbup: xxx

Were using infacol, it really does work, we have found giving it about 5/10 mins before works much much better.

just thinking today, when do you change the teats on bottles, and how do you know what to get next.. was looking at them in boots today as they were on offer, i then thought to myself, how on earth do you know when to change them or what to change them to lol

also been offered a tommie tippee nappy wrapper.. are they any good?

3week old immy wide awake in her moses basket, just started cooing and things.. dead cute <3

Pixxie, i have to put Niamh upstairs in her cot for her naps otherwise she wont settle.

Naimh had her injections today, she cryed for longer when i put her hat and coat on, shes been a bit whiney but not too bad.

Eva has started to copy me, she sticks her tongue out at me when i do it to her lol x

Same here! I thought it was all a massive cosmic sized coincidence but it seems she really is a little monkey.

and i still miss out on the early morning catch up! when i was preg i didn't have the sleep problems some of u had and now A is here first dh did the night feeds and now shes going thru!! mayb i should set an alarm and just get up early to come chat to u guys!! lol!!!

My mister does the night feeds too. Well all feeds but the morning and two in the evening, really. My Miss falls asleep too, which reminds me. I've been meaning to ask other mums:

What is the actual definition of a Dream Feed? I get all sorts of conflicting info. It's a night time feed. Is it not with a semi-asleep baby too? I thought that was the case and then when we were in the hospital the doctor said I should no longer feed her when she's asleep as that's dangerous, she could choke. I had presumed that she is not really asleep or she wouldn't be able to swallow :shrug: Any thoughts?

I tryed again about 10mins after the first time she done it and she done it again :happydance: even got her to do it today to showmy mum lol x

Were using infacol, it really does work, we have found giving it about 5/10 mins before works much much better.

just thinking today, when do you change the teats on bottles, and how do you know what to get next.. was looking at them in boots today as they were on offer, i then thought to myself, how on earth do you know when to change them or what to change them to lol

also been offered a tommie tippee nappy wrapper.. are they any good?

3week old immy wide awake in her moses basket, just started cooing and things.. dead cute <3

The fast flow teats i have says from 6+ month :thumbup:

Pixxie, i have to put Niamh upstairs in her cot for her naps otherwise she wont settle.

Naimh had her injections today, she cryed for longer when i put her hat and coat on, shes been a bit whiney but not too bad.

Im dreading having to go with Eva to get her injections, i hated it when she had to ge her heal prick :cry:

Im dreading having to go with Eva to get her injections, i hated it when she had to ge her heal prick :cry:

Niamh had a canular in her hand and that many blood tests in hospital im used to her having it done

Lozzy how long did it take for you to notice a difference in your milk, taking fenugreek?

wow, thanks im struggling to get him to be full at the moment so shall see if this makes a difference!
Hows it going with your weening Niamh off the formula?

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to start putting her in her room for naps so that when I finally want her out of our bed it's not such a hard transition.

Lyra never cried at her heel prick, just squirmed a bit and looked annoyed! Hoping she will be as good at her injections xx

He will be in the middle of a growth spurt Chloe, he will be feeding more to up your supply.

I havent been activly trying to drop formula yet just letting her see what she settles at since i was feeding her so little when using the shields since they stressed her out so much. Shes feeding off me every feed now so im going to start on monday when i get her weighed again.

My boobs were a bit sore when my milk came in coz they got HUGE!!
It goes down in a few days tho :)

Aha - that explains the size G boobs - came as a bit of a shock from my normal B/C's! Even throughout pregnancy I didnt get higher than a D so to go from a D to a G in 1 day was a bit surprising!

yes mizze boobs feel hard and sore when the milk comes in. It will be better in a couple of days xx

Thanks for the advice re fenugreek xx

Thank you! I am currently on day 2 of full milk production and boobs less sore - more so this evening - Caitlyn has fed every 2 hours since 7am - but in a good way! :)

Mizze - mastitis is GROSS. You would know if you had it. You would have a very very sore and tender patch on your breast with a redness to the area. You may also get fluey symptoms with it. Just keep an eye. The doctor gave me amoxycillin for 7 days it, this is fine for when you are breastfeeding. I also had to keep feeding from that boob otherwise it would have gotten much worse.

Nat - 1st dont feel bad - an exhausted and stressed Mummy is a damn sight worse than giving your babies a bottle. You have done brilliantly for 6 weeks on the breast milk - give yourself a break sweetheart.

Thanks for the mastitis information. I definately seem to have just normal milk pains rather than that. But I will be keeping an eye on it.

Am sterilising my breast pump tomorrow - how soon did you guys start expressing - DH is DESPERATE to feed her and to be able to take her out. Also im thinking it will give my sore nipple a break - we are great on 1 breast but struggling to get latching right on hte other and its getting V sore. Will try different positioning but we didnt get on with the rugby style position. I have got a nipple shield for the sore one so am planning to try that.

Caitlyn frightened hte living daylights out of us last night by sicking up blood! Turns out it could be from the C-section - it wasnt just a little from my breast it had bits in it. Even though we rang the hospital and they reassured us I spent most of the night checking she was okay. :cry:

Also having lots of pain in my abdomen today - will be keeping an eye on that - its time for my voltarol thankfully but poor belly has been really sore and restricting and painful today.

Anyone who ever tells me a C-section is an easy option, will get punched - this hurts!

How is everyone doing - mw here tomorrow for the heel prick test etc.

Mizze xx

Mizze MW dont recomend introducing a bottle before 6 weeks to help prevent nipple confusion.

As for giving your nipples a break, mine hurt alot when i pump so i do it by hand.

Yes I thought it was 6 weeks - DH bless him is just so desperate to take her out and about - :D

I had a lovely card from him today and a Thank you one from Caitlyn for carrying her and bringing her safely into the world - que bawling Mummy :cry: :blush: t'was lovely! :)

Mizze xx

How baby caitlyn doing Mizzie?

When MW came out for the 2nd visit she notcied a red blotch on Eva's back and showed me it to keep an eye on. I been checking it every time i bath her and its gotten biger and redder, im pretty sure its one of those brown mole things but its really red, but aint sure if it just hasnt turned brown yet, im going to show it tp the HV on friday and its playing on my mins abit.

Niamh has got a red birth mark on her neck but its stayed the same size. Id get it checked out if its getting bigger to be on the safe side

Dara is on size 2 teats from Dr. Brown eventhough they said 3m+ and now she's gotten so used to them she won't take number 1s anymore.

Yea im going to lozzy, OH did say it could be birth mark related, but i worry about the slightest things.

Peace and quiet :D

Baby in bed and OH out at footy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back